The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

France to test the new generation of All Blacks

3 posters

Go down

France to test the new generation of All Blacks Empty France to test the new generation of All Blacks

Post by GloriousEmpire Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:48 am

Perhaps nobody will pay much attention with much deserved hoopla around the impending Lions victory this weekend. And perhaps not many will care in the warm glow of mid-morning drunkenness that will inevitably follow the Lions success but this weekend will be a nod to the future in another respect. Possibly more relevant to the future if the game.

With the France series in the bag, All Blacks coaching staff and selectors will have the chance to launch their rebuilding campaign in anger and unleash some of the stars if the future.

I for one am anticipating it greatly with the chance to see whether some of the raw talent on display for Auckland particularly this year sure to feature against France in the final dead rubber. Will they sink or swim? Will someone set the rugby world on fire and play one of THOSE first tests that NZ players seem to have. Monopoly on. 

We've seen glimpses of the powerful Rene Ranger already this year, maybe some posters with more knowledge of some of the newer All Blacks can give us a preview of whom we are likely to see and start to learn to be frightened of?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

France to test the new generation of All Blacks Empty Re: France to test the new generation of All Blacks

Post by Cyril Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:33 am

I don't think we'll see any anger from France in this game. I would imagine they'll perform like French sides do in the latter stages of the HC pools when they've nothing to play for.

I don't think they've got a ghost of a chance to be honest. Their fans must be going prematurely grey.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

France to test the new generation of All Blacks Empty Re: France to test the new generation of All Blacks

Post by nganboy Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:41 am

I don't think that will happen - we already have lots of players with little test experience in the team
Coles
Romano
Cane
Vito (ish)
A Smith
Cruden (ish)
Barrett
Ranger
B Smith
Savea
Crockett (ish)

The guys that will get a run will include
Luatua - who some have great hopes for
Thrush - who is very much a bench warming one test wonder at best.

If the French do a no show we might see 60 - 0. now that rings a bell. Actually I hope we don't see that - I want the French to go hammer and tongs at us and then we pull away in the last 15 (my heart can't handle last minute wins anymore).
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:04 am

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:I don't think we'll see any anger from France in this game. I would imagine they'll perform like French sides do in the latter stages of the HC pools when they've nothing to play for.

I don't think they've got a ghost of a chance to be honest. Their fans must be going prematurely grey.

Yeah I agree with you about how disinterested France will be. If NZ are bringing in new players for this test, then you could say France are going to be in for another world of pain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down