The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon queue

+5
bogbrush
laverfan
Henman Bill
LuvSports!
time please
9 posters

Go down

Wimbledon queue Empty Wimbledon queue

Post by time please Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:57 pm

Just wanted to pick any experienced queuers brains: I didn't apply for tickets in the ballot this year because didn't think would be in country, but now I am, I would really like to see TMF play in the flesh once more, so to speak, and preferably on the hallowed turf of Centre Court.  Was intending to queue for the opening day, but I really don't fancy starting on Sunday.  If I got to entrance 3 at about 4am on Monday morning, is it probable I would get CC tickets, or should I either go much earlier or forget all about it?

time please

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon queue Empty Re: Wimbledon queue

Post by LuvSports! Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:01 pm

first up apaz next monday may be iffy weather wise. tues-thurs look good.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Sounds very risky to me. From one I have heard (I have seen several discussion threads where people post their experiences) 9pm the day before is a good chance to get on centre and 3pm the day before is a very good chance. 4am I wouldn't be too confident. I have never done it myself. It varies. I could be wrong.

Another option is if you see Federer is last on centre to get a grounds pass ticket by queing up that morning and then spend some hours in the queue for returned tickets just reading a book or something. He won't be last on Monday, but could happen on another day?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:48 pm

Just googled it and on yahoo answers someone said in 2010 they got there at 12 noon on Sunday and only just got centre court. http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110623065227AAV3owp

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110623065227AAV3owp arrived at 11.45, got number 404 (Centre Court - just).

http://grandslamgal.com/wimbledon-queue/
Comment by Jimbo — June 16, 2013 @ 12:13 pm
Hi Sarah, I’ve queued for the first day for the last 3 years and got on centre court each time. There’s no need to be there on the saturday. As long as you join the queue by midday on Sunday you’ll be okay for centre court tickets. The queue is always smaller for the first 3 days of the tournament. Hope that helps!

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Im queuing up, but i have my cunning centre/no1 court plan.
My plan is so cunning I have just been appointed professor of cunning at Oxford University.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Thanks for responses guys - obviously too optimistic. Don't really fancy being 'unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed' for a couple of days, so think it's sofa, hd and well stocked fridge for me, though the tip about returned tickets for another day is a good one - I haven't done that for years.

I wish you luck LS!

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:36 pm

TP.. you go girl. Go see TMF. I hope he plays 2014 and 2015.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:50 pm

Good luck tp, I think I agree with you though - that kind of queuing fortitude was something I might have done a long time ago!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:58 pm

Absolutely!  Don't think it is possible to 'glamp' in the Wimbledon queue and nor is it to look human after that long in the elements unless you are 17!! Very Happy

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:08 pm

I've managed to get Wimbledon tickets every year since 2009 but sadly this year I have none Sad   I even offered to be Federer's lucky charm by taking bogbrushes centre court tickets but he refused... So I intend to slum it this year and queue on the first day. I don't do camping so have no hope of getting on a show court but I reckon there should be some good matches on the outside courts at this time. Rain would be the spoiler.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:07 pm

My tennis club did a draw, there were about 30 people in the draw, and only the third person  drawn out the hat took the final, so I had a 10% chance of the final. It was quite exciting, but in the end got 1st thursday on court 1, and will add the day before on a grounds pass. Hope everyone else had a godo time.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:29 pm

Enjoy HB, those ground passes are the best bit...going to watch the top players practice for me is actually better than watching the matches.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:43 pm

Best thing is sneaking onto the show courts without a ticket!!! SUCH A RUSH!! Very Happy

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:25 am

I am staying over at a friends who lives 5mins away from the queue. 
What time should I get up and start queuing?
And if someone came down later could you let them into the queue with you, or is that too much?

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:03 pm

I have no idea about queuing but I saw a picture of people queuing to queue!!  As the "official" queue didn't open until today, people were queuing to get into that queue picard
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by YvonneT Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:29 pm

The queue for Centre and Court 1 tickets closed this morning. Must be a good schedule on Monday or something Wink

YvonneT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:02 pm

Hmm you can slepp in the park overnight, but i was never much of a camper...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down