The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury - Keeping Himself In The Public Eye.

+5
ShahenshahG
BlakkMamba
Steffan
TRUSSMAN66
hampo17
9 posters

Go down

Tyson Fury - Keeping Himself In The Public Eye. Empty Tyson Fury - Keeping Himself In The Public Eye.

Post by hampo17 Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:36 pm

Love or Loathe him everyone has an opinion on Tyson Fury.

Tyson Fury has a habit of dividing opinion in the boxing world. Last night he perhaps went a little too far tweeting - @Tyson_Fury: I'd would of loved to smash Lenox Lewis if he was around now!!

This caused a lot of reaction within twitter with some calling Fury very stupid and that he should have some respect for one the best heavyweights of all time, others were not so polite.

Never one to duck out of a twitter row, Tyson came back with this -@Tyson_Fury: Lennox could not recover after he was hurt. That why all his losses were by KO!

A further barage of abuse was sent Fury's way, each response being batted away by Fury.

Lewis's response was quite short and to the point - @LennoxLewis ☑Gold Medal ☑British ☑European ☑Commonwealth ☑WBC ☑Lineal ☑WBA ☑IBF ☑IBO ☑Ring ☑Undisputed ☑Boxing Hall of Fame

The record of Lennox Lewis speaks for itself and Fury was "clever" choosing Lewis to have a pop at, having previously used MMA fighters, David Haye, Deontay Wilder and others to keep himself in the headlines. 

With a quarter of a million people following Lewis, Fury has guaranteed a lot of exposure, even if it is just on twitter, all publicity is good publicity and has resulted in people such as myself in writing about him!

Haye's brush with the Fury charm wagon on twitter was a few days ago -@Tyson_Fury If David haye takes this fight ill make him f**k his self! 100% getting it ill make him quit like the bitch he is! 
Some people give haye a punchers chance I give him no chance he has a haymaker I have the pay master & play maker! Haye is getting smashed

Fury is hoping to fight David Haye in September this year and whilst some of his episodes on twitter may be frowned on, he will keep himself andsubsequently, Haye in the media and this will make money.

Money is, after all, what makes the world go around.

I wish Tyson well...

http://v2journal.com/16/post/2013/06/tyson-fury-keeping-himself-in-the-publics-eye.html

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury - Keeping Himself In The Public Eye. Empty Re: Tyson Fury - Keeping Himself In The Public Eye.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:37 pm

Sees himself as a cross between Biggie smalls and Muhammad Ali

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury - Keeping Himself In The Public Eye. Empty Re: Tyson Fury - Keeping Himself In The Public Eye.

Post by Steffan Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Classic tactic by Fury. Say something totally ridiculous about a popular guy and people will eventually watch your fights even if its just to see you lose. Fury seems to going for a wrestling style badguy approach. Gotta laugh at all the thickos on Twitter who take this stuff so seriously. I think Fury is funny to be fair. Rubbish singer mind

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:52 pm

Do you think so Steffan.......That's a very simplistic statement...

I don't think Fury resonates as much as he thinks he does.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:13 pm

I think it's a fair comment that people will watch his fights just to see him get knocked out. He does get a lot of coverage by saying silly things, it isn't a bad tactic if you don't mind being deplored.

I definitely will be - I've never cheered so loudly for an American as when Steve Cunnigham put him on his seat.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:16 pm

If he wins he'll be unbearable.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:19 pm

BlakkMamba wrote:I think it's a fair comment that people will watch his fights just to see him get knocked out.  He does get a lot of coverage by saying silly things, it isn't a bad tactic if you don't mind being deplored.

I definitely will be - I've never cheered so loudly for an American as when Steve Cunnigham put him on his seat.

What gets me Mamba Is that he keeps bragging about that performance.........despite an old cruiserweight 25-5 decking him and outboxing him for much of that fight......

Imagine others would be ashamed..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
BlakkMamba wrote:I think it's a fair comment that people will watch his fights just to see him get knocked out.  He does get a lot of coverage by saying silly things, it isn't a bad tactic if you don't mind being deplored.

What gets me Mamba Is that he keeps bragging about that performance.........despite an old cruiserweight 25-5 decking him and outboxing him for much of that fight......

Imagine others would be ashamed..

Oh mate absolutely.

He looked at sixes and sevens whenever he got hit and Cunningham was never a big puncher. Let's get it right, it was only through cheating that he secured the knockout at the end. I mean Cunningham must have been a mile ahead on the cards, although he was tiring if he could have run for the rest of the fight he might have been able to hold out, who knows.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:26 pm

He must have been doing something right...Woodhall actually gave him a round.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:29 pm

I was appalled at seeing that scorecard. I'm sure he had Fury winning or only a round behind going into the seventh when Cunningham had floored him, I think he was deducted a point, and he had controlled the other rounds. I'm sure I had it 58-52 or something like that - I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing. In fact I might watch it back tonight and score it.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:30 pm

Appalled but not surprised..hey Mate.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Pretty much spot on...

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:40 pm

Fury doesn't take himself seriously, most of his comments are tongue in cheek, which he has admitted in interviews. He's setting himself up as a panto villain and he knows it sells. The fools are the ones who buy into it.

I don't mind him. He's not much of a fighter but he's game and sometimes his comments and antics are mildly amusing... in a village idiot kind of way.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:45 am

Well if Fury fancies a crack at Lewis I understand Lennox will be ringside for David Price's rematch with Thomspon. Be interesting to see whether Fury shows up and this gives Lennox the opportunity to b!tchslap another Tyson.

I, for one, would be absolutely delighted if Lennox knocked him spark out in front of his traveling/traveler entourage...abd then belted Adam Smith for good measure.

Shah wrote:If he wins he'll be unbearable

You mean he isn't already? The lad is a git of biblical proportions

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:18 am

Lewis's response was quite short and to the point - @LennoxLewis ☑Gold Medal ☑British ☑European ☑Commonwealth ☑WBC ☑Lineal ☑WBA ☑IBF ☑IBO ☑Ring ☑Undisputed ☑Boxing Hall of Fame

Pahahaha, love Lennox, great come back!! Way to make Tyson look a mug (albeit a pretty decent self-promoting one).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:32 am

Can you imagine what Lewis in his peak and motivated would have done to him.

I just winced.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:34 am

Mamba, would watch Fury against Bruno through my fingers, let alone Lewis.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:42 am

Yeah Big Frank was a wonderfully schooled boxer and carried brilliant power.

He would box his head off until he caught him with a Frank right hand special and ended the argument.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:48 am

Anyone else think Frank might be intimidated by Fury's size and bravado at all??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:13 am

Even if we was he's got about 10 times the quality, and would quickly realise he had the class to but his man to the sword I think.

This one has got me intrigued though.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:19 am

milkyboy wrote:Fury doesn't take himself seriously, most of his comments are tongue in cheek, which he has admitted in interviews. He's setting himself up as a panto villain and he knows it sells. The fools are the ones who buy into it.

I don't mind him. He's not much of a fighter but he's game and sometimes his comments and antics are mildly amusing... in a village idiot kind of way.

Does anyone buy it though?? We all have eyes..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:15 pm

They say the truth is a lie told often enough.

If he keeps acting the fool then people will deride him for it whether he is or not.

I know people say Haye has a big mouth, but he really was only disrespectful to the Klitschkos, before that and since if you look at Manuel Charr he was pretty respectful. I think that was more of a gambit to sell that particular fight, rather than being his actual personality, which from interviewing him myself I can assure you is significantly more grounded.

Fury I'm not so sure about whether he is acting obnoxious or it is just his genuine character. I, personally, would always back a humble fighter who shows respect to his opponent after the fight - that's what really wins me over. Things like the Froch Kessler bouts where they tear each other half to bits then sit next to each other and have a laugh and a joke afterward are what demonstrates what an outstanding and singularly brilliant sport this can be at times.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:17 pm

To be honest there is a fine line between shouting your mouth off to create hype and overdoing it and looking like a p***k.......

Ali could get away with it because of his talent........However this guy lacks talent.......

At the end of the day it's Boxing and people want to see fighting not a dick-head..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:24 pm

His spelling on Twitter is disgraceful. Plus he likes to Tweet in text slang. 'U all no im tha man' and all that

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:27 pm

Steffan wrote:His spelling on Twitter is disgraceful

Hope Haye uses this as part of his trash talk if they get a fight on!

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Why are you so interested in trash talk ???..........

They'll be snogging after the fight.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:44 pm

I don't know if that's the cash actually, Tyson doesn't strike me as one who throws the talk then hugs after the fight. He didn't really give Steve Cunningham any credit after their fight which rankled with me again.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkGe97cQov0

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down