The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabo direct and Aviva premiership table prediction

+34
George Carlin
Sgt_Pooly
HongKongCherry
Notch
What goes on tour
Standulstermen
Brendan
Poorfour
Heaf
SirBurger
Artful_Dodger
Stone Motif
ChequeredJersey
21st Century Schizoid Man
SecretFly
Cardiff Dave
profitius
beshocked
theslosty
logansrun38
rosbif
george doors
ScarletSpiderman
Frankston
formerly known as Sam
Weegie Wizard
Feckless Rogue
Bathite
Ozzy3213
Coleman
Geordie
LondonTiger
RuggerRadge2611
dragon4life
38 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Rabo direct and Aviva premiership table prediction - Page 3 Empty Rabo direct and Aviva premiership table prediction

Post by dragon4life Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:13 am

First topic message reminder :

RD
1.Leinster
2.Glasgow
3.Ospreys
4.Ulster
5.Munster
6.Scarlets
7.Treviso
8.Dragons
9.Blues
10.Connacht
11.Edinburgh
12.Zebre

AP
1.Tigers
2.Sarries
3.Northampton
4.Glouster
5.Exeter chiefs
6.Bath
7.Quins
8.Wasps
9.Newcastle
10.Worcester
11.Sharks
12.London irish

Thoughts? And one else have a go?
Any young players going to break out onto the scene?

dragon4life

Back to top Go down

Rabo direct and Aviva premiership table prediction - Page 3 Empty Re: Rabo direct and Aviva premiership table prediction

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 12:52 pm

10 always seemed to be saints Achilles heel to me. Is Glenn Dickson an upgrade over Lamb there? Would he be starting over Myler?

Back to top Go down

Rabo direct and Aviva premiership table prediction - Page 3 Empty Re: Rabo direct and Aviva premiership table prediction

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 21 Jul 2013, 10:19 am

Just want the season to hurry up and start now!!!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 22 Jul 2013, 8:37 am

Tell me about it, Ozzy! Smile 

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugbyfan01 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 1:37 pm

For Aviva I think it will be like this
1. Northampton Saints (Winners)
2. Leicester Tigers (Runner Up)
3. Saracens (Semi Final)
4. Harlequins (Semi Final)
5. Gloucester
6. Exeter Chiefs
7. Bath
8. Sale Sharks
9. London Wasps
10. London Irish
11. Worcester Warriors
12. Newcastle Falcons

Rugbyfan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu 25 Jul 2013, 3:42 pm

I think that underestimates the Falcons and Deano, myself. Sad to say, but I think Irish could be the ones to drop this year. They've lost a lot of good players.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 25 Jul 2013, 3:47 pm

Bold call rugbyfan01. Very interesting. Your reasoning?

Poorfour how do you see Newcastle doing then?

I agree about London Irish. I just don't think they have the power in the pack to set a good enough platform for their backs.

Bath should have a good season but I am not really impressed by Gold - perhaps he can prove me wrong.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu 25 Jul 2013, 4:05 pm

I can't see Newcastle challenging for a place in the Heineken replacement, but I think they will be safe from relegation and could well get ahead of Worcester. Deano won't have the resources to build a winning team quickly, but he's had a season to build one that won't roll over.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu 25 Jul 2013, 4:10 pm

How do folks think the new scrum laws will play out? My view is that if the refs enforce no early shoving and a straight feed we'll see a sharp drop in scrum collapses and penalties after the first few rounds. Scrum power will be at less of a premium relative to technique, and lineouts may be given more priority.

That in turn may favour younger and more athletic tight fives over time.

Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 4:55 pm

my prediction

1 Saracens
2 Northampton
3 Leicester
4 Gloucester
5 Bath
6 Harlequins
7 Exeter
8 Wasps
9 London Irish
10 Sale
11 Newcastle
12 Worcester

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2013, 5:10 pm

There seems to be quite alot of faith being placed in Deano on here. After 4 seasons away from top flight rugby, there have to be questions about how up to date his knowlege/tactics are surely?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugbyfan01 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:05 pm

1. Northampton Saints(champions) - because new signings like George North and the experience of some players like Ben Foden will get Saints to win the title.
2. Leicester Tigers(runner up) - because they will struggle to get off to a good start with no Cockerill.
3. Saracens(semi final) - I think Saracens will struggle against the top 3 teams but this showed in the semi final loss to Northampton but I do think they will puss Leicester and Northampton all the way with their new signings of James Johnson etc.
4 Harlequins(semi final) - I think that big semi final loss to Leicester was a real set back I think they will build to become a strong team but again I think they will struggle against Northampton, Leicester and Saracens.
5. Exeter Chiefs( slight change) - Again pushing all the way but just need that little bit extra to make the top four.
6. Bath Rugby(slight change) - Set sights on top 4 but just a bit too much but will settle for Heineken cup and maybe will aim for top 4 in 2014/2015 season.
7. Gloucester(slight change) - Will miss Freedie Burns when away with England and I just don't think they have that stand out 10 without Freedie Burns.
8. Sale Sharks - will be happy with this but will want to build to get into top 6 for Heineken Cup.
9. London Wasps - Again I think Daley and Wade will go with England so that could be a big impact on their season.
10. London Irish - Lost lots of players but experience of Brian Smith(London Irish boss) will pull them through
11. Worcester Warriors- Good signings will pull them through.
12. Newcastle Falcons - Loss of Jimmy Gopperth will hurt and I don't see a good ten in the Newcastle team to pull them through.

Rugbyfan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:15 pm

See you've changed your mind in the space of 5 days how that table will look Rugbyfan....Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3