The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are most of us going to talk about once the Lions Tour is over?

+25
RubyGuby
Mr Fishpaste
kiakahaaotearoa
Thomond
Feckless Rogue
nganboy
Dontheman
dallym
tazfalklands
SecretFly
profitius
mystiroakey
Taylorman
IanBru
jimmyinthewell68
glamorganalun
HammerofThunor
LeinsterFan4life
Jenifer McLadyboy
flyhalffactory
broadlandboy
fa0019
tigerleghorn
MarcusHalberstram
doctor_grey
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What are most of us going to talk about once the Lions Tour is over? Empty What are most of us going to talk about once the Lions Tour is over?

Post by doctor_grey Fri 28 Jun 2013, 4:19 pm

Yes, there is the Rugby Championship and the end of the Super Rugby season.  And I will certainly be watching.  But that conversation here will not fill up the hours and hours and hours of endless entertainment that we get from the Lions (and especially MY Lions are better than YOUR Lions).

Preparation for next season?  No.
The upcoming RWC?  No.  
David feckin' Cameron wearing his stupid stretchy bicycle shorts?  God no!
Gordon Brown wearing bicycle shorts?  shoot me now.
Kurtley Beale and his 'Yes, I am an idiot' haircut'?  no words.............

Cripe boys and girls.  This is bad juju.  Just this morning my wife came up to me and WANTED TO TALK!  About things.  Someone had hurt her friend's feelings.  FEELINGS?   wtf are they?  The only feelings I have is when I sit on the pot in the morning reading the newspaper.  

Sorry for the rant.  But what is there for us until the season begins?

Go Lions.
God Save Our Gracious Queen

Last edited by doctor_grey on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

What are most of us going to talk about once the Lions Tour is over? Empty Re: What are most of us going to talk about once the Lions Tour is over?

Post by MarcusHalberstram Fri 28 Jun 2013, 4:38 pm

Have YOU been at the gin, doc? Not sure what you're on about in the 2nd half of your post, but agree on Beale's haircut. Very silly - and doesn't do his frankly odd looking face any favours at all.

MarcusHalberstram

Back to top Go down

What are most of us going to talk about once the Lions Tour is over? Empty Re: What are most of us going to talk about once the Lions Tour is over?

Post by doctor_grey Fri 28 Jun 2013, 4:41 pm

Just bitchin' between patients......

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Fri 28 Jun 2013, 5:15 pm

I guess Tigers extending their unbeaten games against their local rivals Saints kiss 

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 28 Jun 2013, 5:20 pm

"How are England ranked higher than Wales???"
"Halfpenny vs. Wilkinson... who was better???"
"What would you rather have 3 GS or 1 RWC???"
"Is Mike Phillips over as a test force???"
"Does Richard Hibbard get his tattoo ideas from Justin Bieber???" 
"Should Gatland have chosen foreign based players such as Sheridan, Hines & Wilkinson???"
"Did Mako chose England over Wales because competition in Wales was too strong???"
"Why is it ok for North to mock opponents but when Ashton does it its arrogance???"

Just a few topic predictions over the coming months. Bit of a pattern me thinks.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcusHalberstram Fri 28 Jun 2013, 5:22 pm

"Why my dad could beat up your dad..."

MarcusHalberstram

Back to top Go down

Post by broadlandboy Fri 28 Jun 2013, 5:25 pm

The 7's?

broadlandboy

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Fri 28 Jun 2013, 5:29 pm

The Weather

Bit hot aren't it Guvner............. What you say? "rain coming in, cor blimey that's the bleeding Summer over innit"
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Fri 28 Jun 2013, 5:31 pm

GS' are so last year and devoid of any SH involvement....but you know that don't you fa?

Maybe in the future Wales will do it! (as long as the World Cup is played in the NH right?)

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 28 Jun 2013, 5:31 pm

My mickey is bigger than your mickey.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 28 Jun 2013, 5:38 pm

tigerleghorn wrote:"What would you rather have 3 GS or 1 RWC???"

GS' are so last year and devoid of any SH involvement....but you know that don't you fa?

Maybe in the future Wales will do it! (as long as the World Cup is played in the NH right?)

What are you talking about devoid of SH involvement

Brad Barritt
Sergio Parisse
Martin Castrogiovanni
Toby Faletau
Mako Vunipola
Manu Tuilagi
Antonie Claassen
Ian Evans
Tom Court

???

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Fri 28 Jun 2013, 5:47 pm

fa0019 wrote:

Brad Barritt
Sergio Parisse
Martin Castrogiovanni
Toby Faletau
Mako Vunipola
Manu Tuilagi
Antonie Claassen
Ian Evans
Tom Court

???

oops!...Quite right, my bad.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 28 Jun 2013, 5:49 pm

fa0019 wrote:

Brad Barritt
Sergio Parisse
Martin Castrogiovanni
Toby Faletau
Mako Vunipola
Manu Tuilagi
Antonie Claassen
Ian Evans
Tom Court

???
Parisse is as much an Argentinian as Heaslip is Israeli

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 28 Jun 2013, 5:59 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
fa0019 wrote:

Brad Barritt
Sergio Parisse
Martin Castrogiovanni
Toby Faletau
Mako Vunipola
Manu Tuilagi
Antonie Claassen
Ian Evans
Tom Court

???

I didn't think Heaslip grew up in Israel.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Fri 28 Jun 2013, 6:03 pm

If the Lions win 3-0 who will take the credit?
If the Lions lose 2-1 there were too many Welsh in the team or not enough Scots or both.
If the Lions win 2-1 who fault they lost one?

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Fri 28 Jun 2013, 6:27 pm

i think beale be doing have u had an accident in work commercials . sorry if u heard that before Very Happy 

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 28 Jun 2013, 6:31 pm

How to make the perfect gin & tonic?
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 28 Jun 2013, 6:32 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
fa0019 wrote:

Brad Barritt
Sergio Parisse
Martin Castrogiovanni
Toby Faletau
Mako Vunipola
Manu Tuilagi
Antonie Claassen
Ian Evans
Tom Court

???

Pretty sure Parisse is born and raised to an Argentinian Italian family.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 28 Jun 2013, 6:39 pm

doctor_grey wrote:Just bitchin' between patients......

Well tell one of em to move over a little Doc...there you go...

Have to admit 4 sides crammed into one sure does throw up some odd brother vs brother unity on this forum. All in the same family... all both in support and at eachothers throats at the same time...mini 6N battles for every single position...even on the bench.

At least 5 posts on who will be what position...for each positon...hoe the series will be win etc..

Great...wouldnt have it any other way.

After the Lions... the sxv and RC look fairly interesting and whether the ABs can do a sweep again are ahead of our boys...unlikely but the challenge is there. Other than that...chill out and wait for summer for me.

Heading back to the Gold Coast for a break- heaven on earth for me there-just don't tell the ozzies- with the sun, waves and 'laidbackness'. Tossing whether to go to the Wcup in 15 at the mo. Only been through the UK once and would like to see it again as a rabid, hungry kiwi rugby fan this time...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 28 Jun 2013, 6:46 pm

fa0019 wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
fa0019 wrote:

Brad Barritt
Sergio Parisse
Martin Castrogiovanni
Toby Faletau
Mako Vunipola
Manu Tuilagi
Antonie Claassen
Ian Evans
Tom Court

???

Pretty sure Parisse is born and raised to an Argentinian Italian family.

It was an Italian family who moved to Argentina for work. He was registered as Italian from birth, spoke Italian at home, spent the summers in Italy, etc

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Fri 28 Jun 2013, 8:04 pm

For me as a v keen roadie I'll be able to concentrate on the TDF and watch Froomedog bringing it home AGAIN!!

Again for the UK not him of course!

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 28 Jun 2013, 8:26 pm

Coime on dude. Wimbledon, The open championship, the next footy season, the AI's , the next 6 nations,F1, The ASHES!!!!

its all gravy baby.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Fri 28 Jun 2013, 9:44 pm

Seen it all now! Looks like Frank Skinner playing with Seasick Steve at Glastonbury on BBC4

Ooops, wrong forum

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 28 Jun 2013, 9:48 pm

There is Glastonbury as well. To be young and there again .....

Sad

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 28 Jun 2013, 9:54 pm

Theres plenty to talk about. The HEC negotiations is the big one. Everything has fallen silent and I thought the deadline was up.

I'll be looking forward to the start of the rabo season and checking out the transfers between squads in the league and throughout Europe.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat 29 Jun 2013, 12:19 am

mystiroakey wrote:There is Glastonbury as well. To be young and there again .....

Sad

You are a mere pup my man

in fact you look bloody great for 63
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 29 Jun 2013, 12:25 am

Fly fishing!

You gotta admit it, that's the only subject that can fill in the big gaping hole that will be left.

My favourite fly that I use is a cigarette. I always catch some lovely smoked salmon with that one.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by tazfalklands Sat 29 Jun 2013, 1:22 am

fa0019 wrote:"How are England ranked higher than Wales???"
"Halfpenny vs. Wilkinson... who was better???"
"Is Mike Phillips over as a test force???"
"Does Richard Hibbard get his tattoo ideas from Justin Bieber???" 
"Should Gatland have chosen foreign based players such as Sheridan, Hines & Wilkinson???"
"Did Mako chose England over Wales because competition in Wales was too strong???"
"Why is it ok for North to mock opponents but when Ashton does it its arrogance???"

Just a few topic predictions over the coming months. Bit of a pattern me thinks.

Personally When George mocked the Aussie it was at the end of an awesome try just like when Ashton first did the Splash, again against the Aussies. Unfortunately Ashton has started doing the splash on mediocre tries.

My expected discussions depend on nationality
"My nations players were the only ones that performed and made up for the shortcomings of the other three"
"The best backrow in the world is Warbutton/Tiupric, Lydiate and Faleatau"
"Bar injury to Gethin the Lions front row should have been Jenkins, Hibbard and AJ"

tazfalklands

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 29 Jun 2013, 1:29 am

tigerleghorn wrote:I guess Tigers extending their unbeaten games against their local rivals Saints kiss 
Grrrr. You found my sore point.
But I think we have you this year. We have a secret weapon. So secret he is like an old style Soviet mole buried deep within the Tiger. Ryan Lamb. So be a good sport and please play him against us. I would enjoy muchly.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat 29 Jun 2013, 1:50 am

SecretFly wrote:Fly fishing!

You gotta admit it, that's the only subject that can fill in the big gaping hole that will be left.

My favourite fly that I use is a cigarette.  I always catch some lovely smoked salmon with that one.

Thought you would have hooked up with puffer fish with the tag ends of a woodbine
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Sat 29 Jun 2013, 2:36 am

There'll be some whinging about the haka

There'll be some WUMming from the SH about the gap widening

There'll be some delusional threads from the NH where they think they are closing the gap

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by Dontheman Sat 29 Jun 2013, 7:39 am

SA first up for Wales in the AIs

Wales to win RWC

Tickets for above

The eternal mystery of Henson

Dontheman

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Sat 29 Jun 2013, 2:22 pm

Are refs from the NH and SH going to be too afraid to penalise McCaw once he starts playing again?
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sat 29 Jun 2013, 2:45 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
God Save Our Gracious Queen

It's the British & Irish Lions.
Don't forget our leprechaun President.
What are most of us going to talk about once the Lions Tour is over? MDH-photo
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 29 Jun 2013, 2:47 pm

Gatland uising a gameplan that has repatedly not worked against Australia and not using the right personnel to do it seems as good a talking point as any. I await changes but I'm not holdinh my breath.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 29 Jun 2013, 2:48 pm

That's a daring tie Bilbo's wearing there...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Fishpaste Sat 29 Jun 2013, 3:24 pm

You could just watch the Rugby Championship!

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 30 Jun 2013, 7:32 pm

That's what I said at the very beginning of the thread.  Very first sentence, in fact.  The problem is here on 606 it won't generate the gobs of discussion the Lions do. Not a reflection on the RC which I like quite a bit.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 30 Jun 2013, 7:38 pm

Run thumbsup I think it's back to hind legs and donkeys after the Lions - Oh and I suppose who's going to be runners up to Wales at the next 6 Nations

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 30 Jun 2013, 7:45 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Run thumbsup I think it's back to hind legs and donkeys after the Lions - Oh and I suppose who's going to be runners up to Wales at the next 6 Nations
Now THAT is funny, mate. Next year's Six Nations, eh? I thought that was off limits until the Lions tour is over as we all hold hands for now singing "All We Need Is Love'
Re-igniting the ever smouldering race war between the pasty white Welsh and the pasty white English.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 30 Jun 2013, 7:47 pm

I think the Cornish are claiming the pasty bit so you'll have to think of another

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 30 Jun 2013, 7:49 pm

Bone Honkey White?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 30 Jun 2013, 9:05 pm

I like to retain a tan.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 30 Jun 2013, 9:59 pm

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/29/us-crime-california-amputation-idUSBRE95S01320130629?feedType=RSS&feedName=oddlyEnoughNews

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 30 Jun 2013, 10:30 pm

doctor_grey wrote:That's what I said at the very beginning of the thread.  Very first sentence, in fact.  The problem is here on 606 it won't generate the gobs of discussion the Lions do. Not a reflection on the RC which I like quite a bit.

Frankly doc I don't see that as a bad thing. If the Lions were playing NZ I could understand the hype. But as they're only playing Australia I really don't see why it warrants so much attention. Very Happy 

Once this sideshow is over, we can concentrate on what's really important. Can NZ fill the trophy cabinet with a back to back RC win and claiming back the Hillary shield and retaining the Gallagher trophy. That's food for thought and feasting for discussion. Clearing the Lions static away can't come soon enough for me. angel 

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 30 Jun 2013, 10:48 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:That's what I said at the very beginning of the thread.  Very first sentence, in fact.  The problem is here on 606 it won't generate the gobs of discussion the Lions do. Not a reflection on the RC which I like quite a bit.

Frankly doc I don't see that as a bad thing. If the Lions were playing NZ I could understand the hype. But as they're only playing Australia I really don't see why it warrants so much attention. Very Happy 

Once this sideshow is over, we can concentrate on what's really important. Can NZ fill the trophy cabinet with a back to back RC win and claiming back the Hillary shield and retaining the Gallagher trophy. That's food for thought and feasting for discussion. Clearing the Lions static away can't come soon enough for me. angel 

I'm rather enjoying the Lions series- everyones out of their comfort zones as players and clearly as fans on this site so it makes an interesting change. The sites dominated by NHers and its interesting how their allegiances sway from one nation to four.

But after Saturday it'll all die down internationally for the NH for a while and so will these boards.

In terms of the RC both Oz and SA are having ups and downs and we werent terribly convincing V France so I don't think we'll win them all. We will go close though but 3 away might be a bit much...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 30 Jun 2013, 11:26 pm

IanBru wrote:How to make the perfect gin & tonic?

Start with the perfect gin - either Blackwood or Caorunn for me - take the best tonic - cant see beyond Fever Tree these days - work out your preferred slant and add accordingly (lime, orange zest, rosemary, etc)

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 30 Jun 2013, 11:28 pm

RubyGuby wrote:I think the Cornish are claiming the pasty bit so you'll have to think of another

Sorry, Ruby, can't let you away with that one - the pasty is originally from Devon!

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 01 Jul 2013, 7:48 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:I think the Cornish are claiming the pasty bit so you'll have to think of another

Sorry, Ruby, can't let you away with that one - the pasty is originally from Devon!

Chief

Actually the Oracle of Truth says the first reference to 'pasty' was in Norfolk.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 01 Jul 2013, 8:12 am

HammerofThunor wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:

Chief

Actually the Oracle of Truth says the first reference to 'pasty' was in Norfolk.

though it was brought to Norfolk by dutch merchants.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next