The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeremy Chardy holds the record for the worst back hand of the top 100

+4
socal1976
The Special Juan
kingraf
invisiblecoolers
8 posters

Go down

Jeremy Chardy holds the record for the worst back hand of the top 100 Empty Jeremy Chardy holds the record for the worst back hand of the top 100

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 29 Jun 2013, 7:46 pm

What a shame, for somebody to understand this watch 3-1 Jermey serving he cannot play backhand at all, every shot went to the net whether its easy or difficult or intermediate it all ends up in error.

Such a shame he doesn't have a power shot in back hand corner and tries to slice everything that comes to his backhand side, he made the ranking whatever he has just by his serve and power forehand, in forehand however he got great volleys and power shots both down the line cross court.

Just can't figure out how Del Potro and Murray lost to this 1 trick pony, I even though this match could be close given his performance in AO this year.

Chardy improve your backhand or retire.picard 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Chardy holds the record for the worst back hand of the top 100 Empty Re: Jeremy Chardy holds the record for the worst back hand of the top 100

Post by kingraf Sat 29 Jun 2013, 8:00 pm

Maybe its just the grass. Some players just cant adapt. If you only ever saw Sampras on Clay you would think the best he could win on tour is a 500... And he is a lot better than Chardy.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Chardy holds the record for the worst back hand of the top 100 Empty Re: Jeremy Chardy holds the record for the worst back hand of the top 100

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 29 Jun 2013, 8:21 pm

kingraf wrote:Maybe its just the grass. Some players just cant adapt. If you only ever saw Sampras on Clay you would think the best he could win on tour is a 500... And he is a lot better than Chardy.

No is backhand is so pathetic KR, and in grass its getting exposed pretty badly, even on his win over DP at AO his backhand was pretty sucky, its just DP itself was on suckey form and kinda pretty bad match fitness means his backhand wasn't exposed badly like how it was against Nole today.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 29 Jun 2013, 8:51 pm

Worse than Lopez? He's had a decent career with no backhand!!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 29 Jun 2013, 9:03 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Worse than Lopez?  He's had a decent career with no backhand!!

I would rate Lopez backhand 5x better than Chardy's , Chardy should consider retirement from ATP tour if he decides against improving his backhand.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 29 Jun 2013, 9:07 pm

He was just playing a tennis genius today, Novak made chardy who is in the top 30 and having his best season ever look absolutely like junior player. The way Novak hit the ball he would have make most anyone look ordinary.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 01 Jul 2013, 2:27 am

socal1976 wrote:He was just playing a tennis genius today, Novak made chardy who is in the top 30 and having his best season ever look absolutely like junior player. The way Novak hit the ball he would have make most anyone look ordinary.

While Novak played good it was no excuse for Chardy's backhand , btw Socal Novak's real test comes tomorrow, don't judge him by Chardy's match and be on a dream thinking he is unshakeable , lets see how scary Nole is tomorrow when he plays some of real grass pedigree before we can comment he would have made anybody look ordinary.thumbsup 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Mon 01 Jul 2013, 7:50 am

invisiblecoolers wrote:
socal1976 wrote:He was just playing a tennis genius today, Novak made chardy who is in the top 30 and having his best season ever look absolutely like junior player. The way Novak hit the ball he would have make most anyone look ordinary.

While Novak played good it was no excuse for Chardy's backhand , btw Socal Novak's real test comes tomorrow, don't judge him by Chardy's match and be on a dream thinking he is unshakeable , lets see how scary Nole is tomorrow when he plays some of real grass pedigree before we can comment he would have made anybody look ordinary.thumbsup 

IC. Surely even you cannot put a caveat into Novak's victory on Saturday. I seem to remember Roger having loads of these types of wins in his 04/05 heyday, against other players with as many weakness's as Chardy and we all said 'genius'

Obviously not with anyone else though Rolling Eyes 

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 01 Jul 2013, 8:44 am

I suspect IC was fishing for something here and he found Socal...
anyway, back to Chardy, if you think his backhand is terrible now you should have seen him 2 years ago. Progress has been made. Granted he abuses a rather average sliced SHBH but this is what he used to frustrate Del Potro during the AO before unleashing his big forehand. he also have a decent flat DHBH. Clearly those are his weaknesses and good opponents know that.
the thing is you dont engage a cross court backhand war with the likes of djokovic or murray without being exposed. I personnally dont think Chardy BH is worst than Tsonga one for instance or Roddick's and I dont mention the likes of Karlovic.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 01 Jul 2013, 9:52 am

who cares, can i use your name to respond to this article please? Smile

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 01 Jul 2013, 10:00 am

LuvSports! wrote:who cares, can i use your name to respond to this article please? Smile

you are welcomed to do so Smile

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 01 Jul 2013, 10:08 am

If only I was as poor a player as Chardy.... > $3 million prize money by 26yo, #25 ranking, won Junior Wimbledon, won ATP title (on clay no less), on the ascendancy...for a guy "with no BH" he's sure doing well, if it was that poor he wouldn't get to #25.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 01 Jul 2013, 10:27 am

whocares wrote:
LuvSports! wrote:who cares, can i use your name to respond to this article please? Smile

Thank you WC.

(Clears throat).

WHOOOOO CAREEESSSSSSS?!?!?

Omg i sooo nearly didn't do it, i was so close to not doing it. But then I thought why not you know? What a great opportunity this is and I'm so glad I did it.
I would like to thank WC for allowing this to happen, the mods on the tennis section and the admins for running v2! Thanks!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 01 Jul 2013, 11:44 am

LuvSports! wrote:
whocares wrote:

Thank you WC.

(Clears throat).

WHOOOOO CAREEESSSSSSS?!?!?

Omg i sooo nearly didn't do it, i was so close to not doing it. But then I thought why not you know? What a great opportunity this is and I'm so glad I did it.
I would like to thank WC for allowing this to happen, the mods on the tennis section and the admins for running v2! Thanks!

Wait a minute. Dat's de smartest thing I've ever heard anyone say about anything.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 01 Jul 2013, 1:43 pm

cos i'm a family guy!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 01 Jul 2013, 4:12 pm

banbrotam wrote:
IC. Surely even you cannot put a caveat into Novak's victory on Saturday. I seem to remember Roger having loads of these types of wins in his 04/05 heyday, against other players with as many weakness's as Chardy and we all said 'genius'

Obviously not with anyone else though Rolling Eyes 

But Roger went on to lift the cup time and again, I am not saying that wasn't a genius display from Novak, I was very impressed by Novak's return of serve and did compliment on the other match threas saying he has taken it to a whole new level superior to the likes of Agassi, Sampras, Fed and Nadal.
Return was severly tested coz Chardy to have a very good serve, but rest of the game isin't and to get blinded that Novak is on a stunning form by one ordinary opponent is crazy, very similar like how Muzza fans get excited over small wins and use to claim him as the title winner even before the 2nd round is over.

All I said is true test will come for him today, and if that Novak's form is surreal then we will find it out today.thumbsup , I can't come to conclusion based on just Chardy's match, and your comparison with Roger is completely wrong.Doh 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 01 Jul 2013, 4:18 pm

whocares wrote:I suspect IC was fishing for something here and he found Socal...
anyway, back to Chardy, if you think his backhand is terrible now you should have seen him 2 years ago. Progress has been made. Granted he abuses a rather average sliced SHBH but this is what he used to frustrate Del Potro during the AO before unleashing his big forehand.  he also have a decent flat DHBH.  Clearly those are his weaknesses and good opponents know that.
the thing is you dont engage a cross court backhand war with the likes of djokovic or murray without being exposed. I personnally dont think Chardy BH is worst than Tsonga one for instance or Roddick's and I dont mention the likes of Karlovic.

Point 1] Del Potro was not match fit to on AO nor physically fit, yes Chardy was the better player that day but to rate Chardy's backhand with that match is utter noob.

Point 2] In saying Chardy's backhand is better than Tsonga, Roddick I am pretty convinced that you not know much about tennis.

Point 3]Me and Socal are not having any arguments here, we are just discussing , so I got no clue regarding your statement "IC was fishing for something and he found Socal" .picard , lastly Chardy's back hand was on utter terrible mode and that frustrated me to open this thread and not an intention to discuss Nole's form.

Point 4]I am neither a Nole fan nor do I hate him, I just don't care for his game good or bad at the moment, however his return was on utter brilliance and that even caught my eye inspite of me having no interest on his games.thumbsup 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 01 Jul 2013, 4:22 pm

lydian wrote:If only I was as poor a player as Chardy.... > $3 million prize money by 26yo, #25 ranking, won Junior Wimbledon, won ATP title (on clay no less), on the ascendancy...for a guy "with no BH" he's sure doing well, if it was that poor he wouldn't get to #25.

He is an excellent doubles player and big chunk of his earnings has come due to it, secondly I am not saying Chardy is a crap player, I am just saying his backhand is utter crap, yes he has almost won everything without a backhand is a due credit to his one -sided game a bit like Karlovic's achievement.

It is that poor, but on the other hand he could serve like a genius and his forehand can create havoc, the matches against Murray and Del Potro are prime examples of it.thumbsup 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 01 Jul 2013, 4:34 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
whocares wrote:I suspect IC was fishing for something here and he found Socal...
anyway, back to Chardy, if you think his backhand is terrible now you should have seen him 2 years ago. Progress has been made. Granted he abuses a rather average sliced SHBH but this is what he used to frustrate Del Potro during the AO before unleashing his big forehand.  he also have a decent flat DHBH.  Clearly those are his weaknesses and good opponents know that.

Point 1] Del Potro was not match fit to on AO nor physically fit, yes Chardy was the better player that day but to rate Chardy's backhand with that match is utter noob.

Point 2] In saying Chardy's backhand is better than Tsonga, Roddick I am pretty convinced that you not know much about tennis.

Point 3]Me and Socal are not having any arguments here, we are just discussing , so I got no clue regarding your statement "IC was fishing for something and he found Socal" .picard , lastly Chardy's back hand was on utter terrible mode and that frustrated me to open this thread and not an intention to discuss Nole's form.

Point 4]I am neither a Nole fan nor do I hate him, I just don't care for his game good or bad at the moment, however his return was on utter brilliance and that even caught my eye inspite of me having no interest on his games.thumbsup 

sigh...maybe, you should get a chill pill IC thumbsup
I never said I rated bloody Chardy's BH. I even used the word "weaknesses"! my point was that there is other players that dont have a fantastic backhand and sorry to disapoint you but watch again Tsonga playing Ferrer in the last RG...

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 01 Jul 2013, 6:18 pm

whocares wrote:
invisiblecoolers wrote:

sigh...maybe, you should get a chill pill IC thumbsup
I never said I rated bloody Chardy's BH. I even used the word "weaknesses"! my point was that there is other players that dont have a fantastic backhand and sorry to disapoint you but watch again Tsonga playing Ferrer in the last RG...

IC, has an inability unfortunately to accurately analyze Djokovic's ability. He claimed Chang was a better baseliner than Djokovic. Either that or he does like a go at winding me up. Chardy is not that bad of an opponent, he is 25 and has been in good form as of late. On grass he is a 130 plus mile an hour server who struggled all day to hold and didn't get even half a look in any of Novak's service games. If Federer or Nadal turned in as clean a match people will talk about how great and transcendently they played. We are all aware it is third round and not the semi.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 01 Jul 2013, 6:24 pm

whocares wrote:I need a chill pill

Dont worry who cares, I am all fine, I just found it funny when you compared Chardy to the likes of Tsonga and Roddick, do I need a chill pill to control my laughter if so I will take it Very Happy angel 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 01 Jul 2013, 6:30 pm

socal1976 wrote:
IC, has an inability unfortunately to accurately analyze Djokovic's ability. He claimed Chang was a better baseliner than Djokovic. Either that or he does like a go at winding me up. Chardy is not that bad of an opponent, he is 25 and has been in good form as of late. On grass he is a 130 plus mile an hour server who struggled all day to hold and didn't get even half a look in any of Novak's service games. If Federer or Nadal turned in as clean a match people will talk about how great and transcendently they played. We are all aware it is third round and not the semi.

Socal the problem is everything you take so personal, where in hell in my actual thread did I discuss Novak, wait lemme check again, I did check and no where did I even mention Novak's game in it.

Secondly inspite of Halle win I did say Fed's form is so poor, inspite of 4th round win in FO against Simon I did say Fed is playing very very poor and Tsonga was the fav on the QF and it proved to be that way.

Regarding your hero, I haven't seen him much in this tournament barring chardy's match and hence can't comment on his form, all I commented his how poor Chardy's backhand is, but I did say he got a lighting serve and a nasty forehand, if only he could sort his backhand he is a serious top 10 player but unfortunately his backhand is so poor.

If you think this thread is still a windup so be it, I cannot comment on persons thinking Moon as Mars.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 01 Jul 2013, 6:38 pm

What I can say is Socal you are winding yourself up now, according to you in this thread Nole is in supreme form and if by chance Haas upsets Nole then we can come to conclusion that the best Nole is not good enough to take down a 35 year old Haas.Whistle 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 01 Jul 2013, 6:42 pm

Oh I don't care IC, just giving you the reverse wind up don't get all bent out of shape. And so far Novak has been in good form in the tournament, I don't make excuses when he loses.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 01 Jul 2013, 6:59 pm

socal1976 wrote:Oh I don't care IC, just giving you the reverse wind up don't get all bent out of shape. And so far Novak has been in good form in the tournament, I don't make excuses when he loses.

If you get wind up for me talking about Chardy then you have serious mental problems.picard 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 01 Jul 2013, 7:46 pm

haha socal not making excuses for novak losses.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 01 Jul 2013, 9:20 pm

LuvSports! wrote:haha socal not making excuses for novak losses.

When Murray beat him at the open I made no excuses nor did I when Nadal beat him at the French open. You must have me confused with fedal fans. Besides analyzing losses and making excuses for losses is a fine line to begin with. Now I know I smell a foggy reference, but I never said Novak would have won the match if not for the layoff.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 01 Jul 2013, 11:34 pm

LuvSports! wrote:haha socal not making excuses for novak losses.

Laugh Laugh 

I know LS .

The best is when Djoko lost to Haas pretty badly he came up with a brilliant excuse of ankle and anybody in top 100 could have beat him, and now he claims he gives no excuses , and the best part is I am not even allowed to talk about Chardy coz thats equal winding up Nole fans, seriously Socal getting ridiculous .Laugh 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down