The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 4th July - What if...we owned TNA? Do the WWE want to push Bryan? The legacy of Russo

+6
Adam D
VDT
Enforcer
x12x
Dr Gregory House MD
Dolphin Ziggler
10 posters

Go down

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 4th July - What if...we owned TNA? Do the WWE want to push Bryan? The legacy of Russo Empty The V2 Wrestling Podcast 4th July - What if...we owned TNA? Do the WWE want to push Bryan? The legacy of Russo

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:37 am

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 4th July - What if...we owned TNA? Do the WWE want to push Bryan? The legacy of Russo Tytyty10

http://v2journal.com/17/post/2013/07/the-v2-wrestling-will-smith-day-special.html

Welcome along to another fine edition of the V2 Wrestling Podcast!

This week we have gone for a little change of format to freshen things up for you. Rather than just a run down of the week's shows, we have decided to see what topics have been inspired from the state of each company.

We spend part one discussing what we would do if we were to gain control of TNA for a few months. Where would we be looking to make changes, make money and invest time in. What do we think TNA needs to make the next step up?

This has inspired us to ask TNA fans this; Why do you like TNA? Ask this question in a tone of both exasperation and intrigue, both emotions are apparent in our query.

Then we moved on to WWE and really just continued to complain. Well, not just complain, but query decisions made and the standing of certain characters. It is safe to say that WWE has a lull in every month of its programmes, generally around two weeks before a PPV too. This week was that show, the holdover one that does not want to give too much away but feels a need to keep stories trickling along.

Finally, we discussed the impact and legacy of Vince Russo, as well as finding out that Gavin fills a niche. We end with a joke about House though, bringing everyone back on the same page on the pursuit of crushing the joy from our listeners! Those darn Briscoes!

Enjoy, and happy Will Smith day to any Americans.

And if you want to be edited into a loving situation with a wrestler, like Gav requested, then let us know!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 4th July - What if...we owned TNA? Do the WWE want to push Bryan? The legacy of Russo Empty Re: The V2 Wrestling Podcast 4th July - What if...we owned TNA? Do the WWE want to push Bryan? The legacy of Russo

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:02 am

Well it's about bloody time

Yahoo

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 4th July - What if...we owned TNA? Do the WWE want to push Bryan? The legacy of Russo Empty Re: The V2 Wrestling Podcast 4th July - What if...we owned TNA? Do the WWE want to push Bryan? The legacy of Russo

Post by x12x Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:00 am

Amazing podcast this week guys, I'm half way through the WWE bit and the line about Bo Dallas being a pedo but being too young so he'd have to be "on himself" cracked me up!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:15 am

Also...
The V2 Wrestling Podcast 4th July - What if...we owned TNA? Do the WWE want to push Bryan? The legacy of Russo Subo10
...You're welcome.

Am I the only one who doesn't see much of a difference?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:39 am

Cheers Viper, that is creepily similar. I worry about the uses Hero may put this to though...

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:48 am

Wilko doing a proper Ziggler by doing a double shift last night!

Look forward to listening this afternoon whilst i'm gardening!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:06 pm

VDT wrote:Wilko doing a proper Ziggler by doing a double shift last night!

Look forward to listening this afternoon whilst i'm gardening!

Euphemism?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Until I photoshopped that picture I never realised how much Adam looked like Karl Pilkington

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:15 pm

He really does doesn't he!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:14 pm

Someone point me in the direction of a picture of Adam!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:30 pm

I do imagine Gavin would look that uncomfortable if he was being held by Sting too.

Adam is photoshopped onto the picture Single H

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:01 pm

Is it me or does Gavin look like Kurrgan in that pic?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I do imagine Gavin would look that uncomfortable if he was being held by Sting too.

Adam is photoshopped onto the picture Single H

Oh, I legitimately thought that was Susan Boyle's face!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:25 pm

The one being grappled by Sting is Gavin and theres a woman in the crowd who is in fact Adam.

As you can tell I was having a busy night

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:02 pm

I SO would have made a better Clare Lynch.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:31 am

I didn't even recognise myself there.

How do you manage to make a photo of me not look like me?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:53 am

It is a bizarre photo (the one from the journal, it looks nothing like you), half covered in hair, plus I had to make your skin the same red as Hogan.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:59 am

Also I look like I'm in some sort of vegetative state. It reminds me of the advert about drink driving: 'come on Dave, just one more'

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:51 pm

Just listening to the show now and can I say it's the worst show I have listened to yet.

And no I am not joking.

The anti TNA vitriol is ridiculous. The show is getting better week by week and yet the 4 man attack was ott. There was no positive to the show with regards tna. Absolutely one sided view and annoying to listen to.

I'm off to play the tna slot machine.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:29 pm

To be fair, nothing got much credit across the whole show, we were angry with WWE too. 

I can only defend it by saying the one thing I did really like never really came up, and that was the suicide reveal. I wasnt joking when I asked people to explain to me why they like TNA though, cos im genuinely struggling to watch it and am starting on ROH now as it does the things I was promised TNA did. 

If im to list things I enjoyed recently it would be: Bully Ray questioning TJ Perkins, Aries stealing Suicide's spot, any match Chris Sabin is in. 

Notable hatreds: Samoa Joe, Aces and Eights not doing anything or going anywhere, Bully Ray becoming ridiculously weak, AJ Styles, new tag team champions being crowned and not having to do anything since (although the feud with Robbie E and Jesse is of course one of massive potential), the killing off of the Chris Sabin's momentum (although at least they killed it off with an interesting 'Suicide' twist) and of course Hogan, Sting and their lovechild Brooke. Thats the beginning.

And dont get me started on the slot machine!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:46 pm

Without wishing to debate the quality (or lack thereof) my defence of the anti-TNA sentiment is that I don't think we should try to balance positives and negatives if the positives are miniscule and irrelevant while the negatives are glaring and damaging.

I personally don't think TNA has done much, if anything, that deserves praise or credit recently. I think it's a joke of a promotion with no idea how to present wrestling. That makes me feel frustrated and sad.

But I do feel that the conversation did not go at all the way I hoped it would, which would have been a positive brainstorming session on how to make conceptual tweaks which could improve the promotion.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:53 pm

Idea for a new segment - Pretty Boy's TNA Positives. Forces us to actually remember anything positive because I think its easier to talk about the negatives and then it gets a bit bogged down. I did mention how it would have been good this past week specifically to have someone who likes TNA on cos I think some of us are getting beyond frustrated with TNA now and its making it a chore.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:24 pm

I want on the next show to defend tna!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:25 pm

May I just say that I did try and offer forward things that they should do to improve the show!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:59 pm

I've already designed the poster for next week

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:35 pm

Hero wrote:May I just say that I did try and offer forward things that they should do to improve the show!

Fair point. I think it was the mention of Chavo that sent it off the rails

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:18 am

Someone always brings it back to Chavo

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:56 am

This week's TNA was pretty good, over half of it anyway. I do wonder about some of the logic leading up to certain things but the main event as a match without any hoopla around it was some top, top quality stuff.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:48 am

Good show guys
In defense of the anti tna guys they did say they need someone who likes tna on the show.

Adam get back on the podcast haha

I do think you make good points about tna, that things need to change for it to be a better show. But I still enjoy the show

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:04 am

Perhaps TNA employees will now be paid in slot machine tokens?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:24 am

Great show lads, felt TNA section with a little bit of topic, think its an interesting topic you such try and revisit!

I did brust out laughing at the bus stop when you talking about Big E, got a few strange looks!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down