The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Matchups....with a twist - Friday Fun

4 posters

Go down

Fantasy Matchups....with a twist - Friday Fun Empty Fantasy Matchups....with a twist - Friday Fun

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:48 am

The whole idea of having a fantasy matchup has been done to death, so what if the rules were changed a bit?

First bracket would be a Prizefighter Elimination Tournament but between these heavies:

Ali
Louis
Holmes
Lewis
Foreman
Marciano
Johnson
Dempsey
Tyson
Frazier
Norton
Liston

The format would be a 4 round knockout tournament. Who do you see winning and why?

Next up with the same boxers, a Rock 'em Sock 'em tournament. Boxers are put in a spot in the middle of the ring and secured in place by their bottom half. The boxers are placed in range of each other and are only allowed to throw straight punches instead of haymakers from left field. Who wins? Why?

Finally, an amateur style fight - headguards and mid protection used and a points scoring system over 4 2 minute rounds. Who wins then?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Matchups....with a twist - Friday Fun Empty Re: Fantasy Matchups....with a twist - Friday Fun

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:55 am

I'll pick Marciano after four rounds. Hard as nails and relentless.

Rock 'em Sock 'em - Foreman wins. Murderous puncher.

Amateur - Ali wins. Comfortably the most skilled and suited to that format where speed kills.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Matchups....with a twist - Friday Fun Empty Re: Fantasy Matchups....with a twist - Friday Fun

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:58 am

4 round knockout - tyson very quick starter and in his pomp could get you out of there

Rock 'em Sock 'em -  Lewis, had a murderous Jab and straight punch

Amateur - Ali for reasons given above

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cant spell Murderous!!)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:05 am

1) Foreman
2) Liston
3) Ali
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:07 am

I'll drop in my thoughts;

Think in Prizefighter that Holmes or Ali takes it, much better workrates and will take the decisions if not KO's.

Rock 'em Sock 'em think that chin comes into it massively so I'd discount Lewis. I think I'd favour Marciano or Tyson here, smallest guys but arguably the hardest punchers from short range.

Amateur - yeah Ali again.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:12 am

i was toying with the idea of Rocky for the rock em sock em for the durability but if they are just throwing straights then i dont know whether he could get them out. On the inside with short hooks i would agree he could, but not sure in direct straight lines. Though can see your point jabby!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:16 am

I'd put him in there as its a last man standing thing. Can't see him quitting at all.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down