The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Haye Vs Tony Thompson.....Thoughts?

+14
bellchees
eddyfightfan
manos de piedra
jimdig
J.Benson II
hogey
superflyweight
JabMachineMK2
kingraf
azania
Fists of Fury
TopHat24/7
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Strongback
18 posters

Go down

David Haye Vs Tony Thompson.....Thoughts? Empty David Haye Vs Tony Thompson.....Thoughts?

Post by Strongback Mon 08 Jul 2013, 11:48 am

I think this would be a good fight. As Thompson himself said in the post fight interview he is a step below Wladimir as a fighter but on the next rung down not many could beat him. Now we saw how Haye struggled with Wlad so I think it's fair to say Haye is a step below Wladimir at well.

Thompson looks like a bona fide heavyweight to me. He can take a big shot, if he goes down he recovers quickly and he has a good variety of punches. He moves well and easily closed the space between himself and Price and that certainly wasn't all about Price not being able to jab. Thompson made Price look bad because he was too good.

So how do people see Haye's chances. I reckon it's a very good match up.

BTW Thompson beats Fury as well in my view.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

David Haye Vs Tony Thompson.....Thoughts? Empty Re: David Haye Vs Tony Thompson.....Thoughts?

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 08 Jul 2013, 11:49 am

Fury would probably have Ian John Lewis reffing the fight so it will get stopped as soon as a jab lands.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

David Haye Vs Tony Thompson.....Thoughts? Empty Re: David Haye Vs Tony Thompson.....Thoughts?

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 08 Jul 2013, 11:57 am

I agree with your sentiments entirely Strongy.

Think, unsurprisingly, it will be a cagey affair with Haye not being as naive as Price to engage, but doing his usual punch evasion + pot-shotting. Don't think it'll be stopped so I'd back Haye 116-112 in the UK, SD in the States.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:02 pm

Haye and Thompson sparred together in the lead up to one of Haye's recent fights, I believe. Word was that Haye had the better of him pretty emphatically.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:06 pm

Haye by a country mile. Too fast and elusive. Fury would also do him. Too skilled and intelligent a boxer to go in face first. Plus fury has stamina and guts plus the ability to recover when hit.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:07 pm

Funny how a fight against a non-Kbro can transform your from an 'old gatekeeper' to 'a good HW'. Shows just how good those boys are.

Im backing Haye in this. Late KO
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:10 pm

azania wrote:Haye by a country mile. Too fast and elusive.  Fury would also do him. Too skilled and intelligent a boxer to go in face first.  Plus fury has stamina and guts plus the ability to recover when hit.

You really have the unique ability to start posting sense but then ruin it by acting a complete utter twit, don't you?!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:19 pm

Top why don't you stop stalking me? Seriously. I'm concerned about you. As for the constant name calling, take it easy bro. As a mod you should set an example.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:41 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Haye and Thompson sparred together in the lead up to one of Haye's recent fights, I believe. Word was that Haye had the better of him pretty emphatically.

THompson was on Haye's payroll and there were also rumours Thompson sparked Haye.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:49 pm

When aren't there rumours that a sparring partner has sparked the supposed main man that he's there to help prepare? Never quite sure who to believe.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:50 pm

I did a bit of Union Cane style analysis on Az. I compared what I consider as WUM posts from him about Price, including the words Chinny and all those types of connotations and arguments he was having calling people names, compared with his actual posts that I could see were intelligent and had insight.

My findings were that 66% of his posts were what I would consider intelligent, which means he spent a massive 34% of his time trying to wind people up or spouting utter vitrol and idiocy.

He now lives on my ignore list. 34% is at least 20% too much for me to take him seriously.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:56 pm

thumbsup

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:00 pm

My findings were that 66% of his posts were what I would consider intelligent, which means he spent a massive 34% of his time trying to wind people up or spouting utter vitrol and idiocy.

Has Az cleaned up his act lately?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:00 pm

azania wrote:Top why don't you stop stalking me?  Seriously.  I'm concerned about you. As for the constant name calling,  take it easy bro. As a mod you should set an example.

Stalking you?

I posted on this thread first and you then came over here to drag up the same arguments from another thread. You're the dog with a bone and it's pathetic. Try keeping to the OP not just trying to shoe-horn your wummery into every thread D4 Az.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:02 pm

No, he did us all a favour by not coming onto the boards for a few weeks. Best time I've ever had on here.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:02 pm

ban him TH
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:04 pm

Haye would probably KO Thompson but it would be a tough fight because outside of Kbros and Haye, Thompson is about the next best Heavyweight in the world. He would completely outclass and stop Fury who has neither the skill, boxing brain, chin or power to deal with a smart operator like Thompson, if he caught Fury with even half the shot that Cunningham did then it would be lights out Tyson, easy to keep getting up when powder puff fighters drop you he wont be so lucky when its a real heavyweight.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:05 pm

Pity, this had looked like a decent thread
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:12 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:No, he did us all a favour by not coming onto the boards for a few weeks. Best time I've ever had on here.

He is just a kid with limited knowledge but a lot to say, give him a bit of a break and try not to take him to serious because you know 75% of what he says is rubbish just to get a reaction. If he really believed half of what he types then he would have to be a complete idiot.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:16 pm

hogey wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:No, he did us all a favour by not coming onto the boards for a few weeks. Best time I've ever had on here.

He is just a kid with limited knowledge but a lot to say, give him a bit of a break and try not to take him to serious because you know 75% of what he says is rubbish just to get a reaction. If he really believed half of what he types then he would have to be a complete idiot.

I believe he's actually about 42, from memory of a post a few months back on another section.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:20 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
hogey wrote:

I believe he's actually about 42, from memory of a post a few months back on another section.

There is no way a grown man would post like that, my money is that he is between 17-20 yrs old, if he said otherwise i would not believe him anyway because he seems to have a tendencies towards talking complete and utter pony and trap.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:24 pm

hogey wrote:

It doesnt annoy me what he writes. It annoys me when he constantly tries to bait others and in turn ruins decent debates. It is funny when he shows himself up though. Once had Pongsaklek Wonjongkam as P4P number 5 when attempting his top 10, only problem was Wonjongkam has been beaten by a journeyman weeks before hand and when this was put to him his own admission was he doesnt follow fights at lower weights.....YET HE HAD LOWER WEIGHT FIGHTERS IN HIS P4P LIST!!!!! Laugh 
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:37 pm

So saying Haye would beat TT is wummery. Or is it giving Fury credit that annoys people. Should I start being reasonable by referring to him as a "tarmacer" a "pikey" and all manner of adjectives?

For me there is nothing special about TT. Price made him loik better than he actually is. Had he not gassed he would have won.....assuming his china chin stood up.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:38 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
hogey wrote:

It doesnt annoy me what he writes. It annoys me when he constantly tries to bait others and in turn ruins decent debates. It is funny when he shows himself up though. Once had Pongsaklek Wonjongkam as P4P number 5 when attempting his top 10, only problem was Wonjongkam has been beaten by a journeyman weeks before hand and when this was put to him his own admission was he doesnt follow fights at lower weights.....YET HE HAD LOWER WEIGHT FIGHTERS IN HIS P4P LIST!!!!! Laugh 

That annoyed you? Bloomin eck mate. You should chill out.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:41 pm

Im not annoyed....far from it. Actually in a good mood reflecting on your P4P list that time.....oh old times ...."memmmmories"
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:44 pm

azania wrote:So saying Haye would beat TT is wummery. Or is it giving Fury credit that annoys people. Should I start being reasonable by referring to him as a "tarmacer" a "pikey" and all manner of adjectives?  

For me there is nothing special about TT. Price made him loik better than he actually is. Had he not gassed he would have won.....assuming his china chin stood up.

The OP is about Haye-TT. Your wummery is trying to shoe-horn Fury into a debate he's not part of in order to make the same old baseless points that are utterly irrelevant to the debate. The fact you chase round the forum to do this is what proves you're a WUM.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:52 pm

Errr what was dee mack's first post on here. Why not vent your stupid spleen on him? Moreover I suggest you read the op again. It mentioned haye TT and Fury. Now remind me which boxers my initial post talks about?

No need to apologise but a strong need to climb off your high horse and stop being such a pu$$y.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:03 pm

It only mentioned Fury as Strongy valiantly tried to close down the avenue of debate/argument early. Clearly with you around he failed.

It's obvious the focus of the OP is how would Haye fare versus TT. You and your #issues simply prevent any debate getting off the ground as always.

Seriously, either accept/admit you're a WUM or take a long hard look at yourself.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:11 pm

Read the first response to the op. Take your bitching there. No attempt to respond to the op yet you highlight mine which fully addressed the op. You got problems my little friend.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:12 pm

Also please stick to the op.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:13 pm

You because you have the #issues.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:13 pm

azania wrote:Also please stick to the op.

Pot.....kettle.....black.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:25 pm

David Haye Vs Tony Thompson.....Thoughts? 1347041234 

Come on TH, give him a virtual uppercut to the ban button!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:27 pm

I'd favour Haye to beat TT. Most likely a mid round stoppage although I can see TT giving Haye a few problems along the way.
Fury against TT would be interesting. I'd just slightly favour Fury purely on youth. Most likely a close MD type of fight.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:28 pm

Back to topic. Haye is excellent and exciting and clinical when he fights someone similar in proportions to him. When he gives away a height advantage, he seems to pot shot, the goal being to land big and jump on the stunned opponent. He has the power and the skill to finish Thompson, but past experience with audley, valuev and wlad shows it'll be a pretty tedious affair until he lands big. And if he doesn't land big your going to wish you were watching golf or some other equally exciting sport.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:32 pm

Speed would be the factor against Thompson if Haye were to fight him.

Thompson is slow but very accurate. At the end of the Price fight he caught Price with about 8 clean shots to the head as Price tried to duck and weave. Thought it was a brilliant flurry.

But against Haye he wouldnt have the advantage of fighting a heavybag with legs. He would be forced to try to chase Haye I think and everytime he throws he gets caught. He wasnt exactly hard for Price to catch on Saturday either. They only difference is Price just couldnt finish him off whereas Haye would!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:50 pm

I think Haye would beat Thompson fairly comfortably. Thompson might be able to make Haye work for it and survive rounds but I wouldnt see him posing any threat of winning.

Thompson is a guy that has never really mixed it wth any of the real genuine other challengers. He kind of built his way to two title shots by beating C class heavyweights.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 08 Jul 2013, 3:01 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:David Haye Vs Tony Thompson.....Thoughts? 1347041234 

Come on TH, give him a virtual uppercut to the ban button!!!

On what grounds? Not referring to fury as a tarmacer or pimey? Clown.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 08 Jul 2013, 3:23 pm

haha clown

Ok wingnut, whatever you say ;-)
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 08 Jul 2013, 3:42 pm

thumbsup

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 08 Jul 2013, 10:41 pm

i think thompson showed he can take a shot, as price probably hits at least AS hard as haye, if not harder. when you take the big shot out of the equation it would be quite a boring fight, as they can both fight negatively.

close fight, but i wouldn't really want to see it. much rather see fury vs thompson and haye vs pulev (obviously if haye/fury didn't happen)

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 08 Jul 2013, 10:55 pm

The only way I see Thompson winning is if Haye tries to blow him out early and gasses like against Carl Thompson. Haye doesn't fight that way anymore so it shouldn't be an issue, he'll take a few rounds off where Thompson will do a touch better but Haye is smart enough to work when he needs to and pick up the rounds, if he can hurt Thompson like Price did then it would be finished.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Mon 08 Jul 2013, 11:11 pm

It would be a pointless fight for Haye at this stage as Thompson doesn't add anything and isn't a threat. Would be an easy KO win for Haye.

Thompson was/is decent and nothing more. An old man outlasting Price is sad but says more about Price than anything.

If Skelton was a couple of years younger, he would have done the same and I doubt a match with Haye would have been mooted.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Tue 09 Jul 2013, 8:11 am

I kind of agree with az fury would beat him but on points as he has a good engine and throws a lot of punches for a heavyweight! Although I keep underestimating TT so he could surprise me again! As for haye TT I would go for haye win ko similar to chisora time

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodygloves Tue 09 Jul 2013, 10:26 am

Stay on track Az.

bloodygloves

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:20 pm

Just realised that Haye is in his 5th year as a heavyweight, funny to think if he'd spent more time fighting lets say twice a year against the likes of the Thompsons of this world instead of messing around with seveared heads, fake retirements, Audley Harrison, press conference brawls and bushtucker trials, he might actually have a heavyweight legacy of some note.

Haye beats TT and Fury for me, and every other heavyweight outside the K Bros, which makes it all the more irritating he's never applied himself.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down