The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how?

+19
AdamT
Derbymanc
Rowley
mikeymax71
wheelchair1991
Mr Bounce
TRUSSMAN66
Atila
milkyboy
Baby faced assassin
Nathaniel Jacobs
Valero's Conscience
catchweight
88Chris05
Mochyn du
bhb001
EX7EY
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Steffan
23 posters

Go down

Poll

Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how? Vote_lcap84%Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how? Vote_rcap 84% 
[ 38 ]
Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how? Vote_lcap0%Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how? Vote_lcap2%Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how? Vote_lcap2%Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how? Vote_lcap11%Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how? Vote_lcap0%Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 45

Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how? Empty Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how?

Post by Steffan Wed 07 Dec 2016, 11:13 am

Just a simple poll to see how you think the fight will finish

I'm going with Haye to win by a third round knockout

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how? Empty Re: Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how?

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Wed 07 Dec 2016, 11:24 am

I detest the pair of them but Haye blasts Bellew out with ease. Stevenson took his head off at LHW. Haye will hit him a lot harder than that at weight he's never fought at.

Laughably bad "fight"

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how? Empty Re: Tony Bellew v David Haye - Who will win and how?

Post by EX7EY Wed 07 Dec 2016, 11:57 am

Bellew is going to get badly knocked out. The only way it doesn't happen early is if they pre agree that Haye carries bellew into the middle rounds, which wouldn;t surprise me as I think hearn will be wary about an early KO ruining his PPV model with sky. If he's not worried about that, he should be.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 07 Dec 2016, 12:40 pm

fight will be called off due to an injury and then haye goes on to fight for a world championship 4 months later

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Fri 23 Dec 2016, 11:18 am

Horrible mismatch. The fight against Stevenson showed Bellew he can have an effective plan but doesn't have the ability to follow it through.

Brutal KO win for Haye unless of course they put a bet on....

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 23 Dec 2016, 2:41 pm

Unless Haye feels like putting on a bit of a show then this'll be a repeat of the Maccarinelli fight. Haye inside two or three rounds with Bellew totally banjoed as soon as a couple of big shots land.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 23 Dec 2016, 4:17 pm

Cant see anything other than Haye KO. Would not surprise me if both fighters were tentative though. Phoney, cynically made fight. Unless the fight manages to exceed the pretty low expectations then I think this would have been the fight that would hve seen Matchroom and Sky start to take some real heat for their ppv model. Announcing Joshua v Klitschko not too long after though have probably lifted the pressure on them in tht regard.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 29 Dec 2016, 1:24 pm

Truly think Haye ends it when he wants a la the Harrison fight.

Haye isn't an ATG but never seen much to rate in Bellow apart from his ridiculous self belief and hype.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Thu 29 Dec 2016, 1:33 pm

Bellew got slapped silly by Stevenson, a super middleweight at light heavyweight. Haye is faster than Stevenson and hits even harder.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Thu 29 Dec 2016, 3:37 pm

Nathaniel Jacobs wrote:Bellew got slapped silly by Stevenson, a super middleweight at light heavyweight. Haye is faster than Stevenson and hits even harder.

This

Stevenson is a southpaw version of haye but a lot smaller so don't think haye will have any problems unless he really has regressed
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 29 Dec 2016, 4:24 pm

Fat middleweight James Toney not known as a huge puncher slapped Evander Holyfield around.  Miguel cotto looked like bambi on ice against Torres at light welter but looked solid chinned at welter.

So whilst I have previously highlighted bellew getting starched at light heavy as a reason to question his chin at higher weights... some of that may be down to tightness at the weight. As for haye being faster than Stevenson?

Irrespective of the above this should be a mismatch on the grounds that haye is a better fighter, a bigger guy and a harder puncher. Albeit an aging, fatter, slower-than-he-was better fighter.... which is all bellew can pin any hopes on. Most likely a Haye enzo repeat.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 29 Dec 2016, 5:07 pm

Where is Dave667 by the way? I thought he would have been all over this thread given his Haye Love and dislike of underclass people like Bellew

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 29 Dec 2016, 5:18 pm

Steffan wrote:Where is Dave667 by the way? I thought he would have been all over this thread given his Haye Love and dislike of underclass people like Bellew
Someone said he was banned. He hasn't been here for awhile.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 29 Dec 2016, 5:28 pm

Atila wrote:Someone said he was banned. He hasn't been here for awhile
Crikey...let's just say for the forum's sake I'm glad he's gone

Although...you have to admire that level of fanatical dedication to constant sadistic insults and hate filled character assassinations towards people  that he has never even met

Some of his occasional wit and boxing knowledge was ok I guess...when he was acting like a complete psychopath

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 29 Dec 2016, 8:22 pm

I had no problem with him. Besides, this place can do with all the posters it can get.

I was on a forum before that had strict rules and they banned plenty of posters. Eventually the forum ended up like a ghost town. Hopefully that doesn't happen here.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 30 Dec 2016, 1:30 pm

I guess you could always start up a petition on Change.Org

Although...I think a forum called 666v2 would be more Dave's thing...given the way he used to try and drive the humanity out of people and suck the life out of their very souls with his venomous tirades

Speaking of lunatics...where is that egotistical self-obsessed maniac Trussman?

I would have thought a Haye v Bellew match up would have been a perfect opportunity to tell us all what a joke of a fight this is...an under no circumstance whatsoever would it ever happen on American soil

I mean...what's this guy's deal. He's lived in England for like 20+ years hasn't he?

He's another one though who can be funny and good at discussing boxing...when he isn't infesting the forum with his psycho-narcissistic behaviour

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 31 Dec 2016, 9:03 am

I see Bellew's wife has contributed to the poll..

I just wish there was one area of Boxing Bellew was better at...

No wonder Bellew got upset at Haye for his hospital comments at the last matchroom card..

He's probably had a glimpse of the future....and it isn't orange..

Let's hope the ending isn't too quick for him...If he is going to make millions for this crap the least he can do is take a thoroughly good hiding.... (Ooh I'm not being very festive today.."You're ten minutes late Cratchett")

Haye ko 1...It's as simple as that !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 31 Dec 2016, 3:16 pm

This fight is such a heap of garbage. The only way Haye loses is by dislocating both of his shoulders and getting DQ'd by the ref for beating Bellew with his feet.

Agree with what's been said above. This will be like the Maccarinelli fight all over again. Bellew talks a good fight, but knows Haye will knock him into next week any time he wants. Haye by brutal KO by the end of the 3rd.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 31 Dec 2016, 3:25 pm

I hope it's a soft KO in round 1

That way anyone paying for this wont get much value for money

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sat 31 Dec 2016, 4:40 pm

Well, it seems that Haye is the over whelming favourite. But is there anyone who wants Bellew to win?

I'd like to see him pull it off. Not likely I know, but would be fun if he could do it.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 31 Dec 2016, 5:01 pm

Pains me to write it...But it's better for the division for Haye to win..

Joshua/Wilder/Parker/Briggs  vs Haye/Bellew..

The momentary satisfaction of seeing Haye face down would wear off quickly..

I expect Bellew to freeze...All this Haye is really a Cruiserweight comfort-talk doesn't wash and deep down he knows it....You could have said the same thing about Holy who turned pro at 175...

Ask Douglas and Tyson if they fought a Cruiser..

Much bigger mismatch than Brook v GGG...At least Brook was world class.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 31 Dec 2016, 5:31 pm

Mismatch for me, I predict a Haye KO. I can't see anything Tony has to trouble Haye

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Sun 01 Jan 2017, 5:09 pm

After Chisora/Whyte Sky should be embarrassed to have this as PPV and that fight was on the under card. Haye to pot shot Bellew until ref steps in within 4 rounds

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 01 Jan 2017, 5:14 pm

mikeymax71 wrote:After Chisora/Whyte Sky should be embarrassed to have this as PPV

They have had AJ vs Molina, Braezeale and Martin plus Brook Golovkin as headliners last year. I think when it comes to being embarrassed that ship has well and truly sailed.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 01 Jan 2017, 6:01 pm

Getting into dangerous territory when unproven paper champions are PPV....

The Eubank promotion is the big fish...

If they can do good numbers on that....We can all get our coats..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 01 Feb 2017, 2:47 pm

Seem to be trying to promote this as "Who lands first".....Almost as lame as "Brook is a natural middle"......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 02 Feb 2017, 10:11 am

I'd love to see Bellew win, but not gonna happen, Haye inside 3 although as someone else said, would like to see a soft knockout in the first 10 secs and hopefully a start of the PPV masqueragdes beign torpedoes)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 02 Feb 2017, 11:55 am

These matchups are dangerous.......Brook's career was nearly over after his ill fated move to 160...

1-1 with Cleverly..
Lost every round before being stiffed by Adonis..
Decked and barely survived against Ovil...
Drew with Chilemba....
Decked against the slob he won the cruiserweight title from....

Now he is fighting one of the best Heavies in the World......Who like Holyfield has evolved into a small Heavyweight...Forget all this he is still a cruiser crap..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 02 Feb 2017, 12:16 pm

Haye wins whenever he wants. I think he does a two round demolition job. As big of a mismatch you will ever see.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Thu 02 Feb 2017, 12:48 pm

Seeing as I'm heading to this as embarrassing as that is to admit I'm hoping it'll prove us all wrong and turn into a classic. Can't see it being anywhere near as good an evening as this past Saturday was but hoping Matthews and Eggington fights can give some entertainment.

But the reality is as everybody else has noted Haye if he has even 10% of what he used to wins this as soon as he gets bored carrying Bellew through a couple of rounds.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 02 Feb 2017, 1:10 pm

Go and enjoy it Al, the undercards okay and i'm sure the atmosphere will be fine. Agree wholehearedly with our Happy American ;-) and Adam, complete mismatch in all and every respect.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 02 Feb 2017, 1:52 pm

Problem is I think Chisora v Whyte sold a lot of PPV.....with the out of the ring stuff...

A guy that's best performance was losing 7-1 to Josh against a guy who has lost to almost every decent heavy he has faced..

When a guy throws a chair and gets fined....Not sure the Promoter should be paying it for him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 02 Feb 2017, 3:09 pm

In fairness many thought that Chisora v Whyte would be an entertaining style match up which it turned out to be, people don't about levels really.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Fri 03 Feb 2017, 2:31 pm

Certainly going to enjoy the night. Looking forward to seeing O'Hara Davies get a bit of a comparison between him and Josh Taylor looks like them two are on course to meet somewhere down the line.

Hoping a couple more will be added to the card before hand looks a bit scarce. Hearing Katie Taylor is going to be added which should add to the atmosphere abit.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 03 Feb 2017, 2:34 pm

I don't like Women fighting..

I'm glad I'm old fashioned like Frank Warren..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 03 Feb 2017, 5:45 pm

I don't like women's boxing either. Wrestling yes. In mud with no clo......well anyway for once I agree with Truss

But good luck to them though. Not saying it is wrong. Just not my thing

On another note...this is only fight I have cheered on and will ever cheer on Haye

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 20 Feb 2017, 9:16 am

Saw the promotional ad for this on sky. Dreadful.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Mon 20 Feb 2017, 10:59 am

Same as, no issue with Women fighting but not anything I wouul want to watch. Might be they see how popular Women in UFC has become so trying to emulate.

The whole event is joke really. Just think Tony Bellew will retire having headlined two PPV cards?? Absolutely ridiculous.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Tue 21 Feb 2017, 10:38 am

Chisora smacks em both over the head with a steel chair, Hearn starts selling the rematch asap.

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down