The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simon Taylor

+3
formerly known as Sam
dragon4life
InjuredYetAgain
7 posters

Go down

Simon Taylor Empty Simon Taylor

Post by InjuredYetAgain Mon 08 Jul 2013, 9:43 pm

Any word about what has happened to Simon Taylor after Bath released him? A great player in his time but he bulked up far too much once when he was injured and lost the speed that made him a very good number 8.

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Simon Taylor Empty Re: Simon Taylor

Post by dragon4life Mon 08 Jul 2013, 9:51 pm

Has no club atm

dragon4life

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Mon 08 Jul 2013, 9:54 pm

Odd that. I don't imagine he would command top dollar. I think he would be a good signing for one of the lower AP teams - Wuss, LI, Newcastle - who might need a bit of experience

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon4life Mon 08 Jul 2013, 10:01 pm

At 33 id imagine hed be looking for a big money contract as its probably his last

dragon4life

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 08 Jul 2013, 10:25 pm

In the last few years he's been short on talent and big on cheap shots. Can't imagine he'll get another AP deal. Newcastle already have Hogg at 8 and the youngster Wilson, LI have Hala'uifa and Fisher and, Worcester have John Thomas and some Tongan.

London Scottish could be a good move if he's thinking of going into coaching, he could probably grab a two year deal in the French second division if we wanted to keep playing.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 09 Jul 2013, 8:48 am

Taylor is a very clever man and has a lot of successful businesses set up - he certainly doesn't need a new club for money, it will just come down to whether he has the desire to play on.

I think he would have been on of the all time greats if he wasn't so injury prone - he was incredible on the 2001 Lions tour until he got that early injury.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sirtidychris Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:20 pm

He could have played another 50 tests for scotland as well, later in his career he got a bit of a rep for being a bit unmotivated but even at 70% he was better than most.

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 11 Jul 2013, 8:54 am

We have Ally Hogg and Chris Yorke for starters...Richard Mayhew is also very comfrotable at 8 so wouldnt want Taylor.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 11 Jul 2013, 8:57 am

If his heart is still in it he'd be a decent signing for Edinburgh or Glasgow as a squad player - they are both short of 6/8 and he'd be a good experienced guy to have around.

No point signing him unless he really wants to put the effort in though and contribute to the team.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu 11 Jul 2013, 8:21 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:In the last few years he's been short on talent and big on cheap shots. Can't imagine he'll get another AP deal. Newcastle already have Hogg at 8 and the youngster Wilson, LI have Hala'uifa and Fisher and, Worcester have John Thomas and some Tongan.

London Scottish could be a good move if he's thinking of going into coaching, he could probably grab a two year deal in the French second division if we wanted to keep playing.

You've said this a few times Sam, what did he do against tigers which annoyed you so much?
I certainly don't think of him as a dirty player, and certainly compared to say Alex tuilagi on abendenon, I can't think of many late hits etc. I actually think he was quite consistent for bath amongst a sea of mediocrity.

As you say though, I think he's probably unlikely to get a decent ap contract now.

Such an unlucky bloke, if he hadn't got injured on those 2 lions tours he could have been some player.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down