The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iron sheik tweet

4 posters

Go down

iron sheik tweet Empty iron sheik tweet

Post by Mr Video Man Mon 15 Jul 2013, 7:50 pm

this may have been posted on another thread I don't know but I thought it would generate the usual laugh..

the iron sheik tweeted and I quote

"Ultimate Warrior you are in new video game. you look worse than dead dog Poopie your lucky i dont beat the Frak out of you jabroni"

got to love him laughing 
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

iron sheik tweet Empty Re: iron sheik tweet

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:52 am

The Iron Sheik loves to use the Warrior for a bit of self-promotion doesn't he?
For a man with such strong opinions on the Warrior, lets not forget that their careers rarely crossed paths - Sheik left WWF in 1987 before the Warrior debuted. He returned in 1991 and they worked the Summerslam programme. By the time The Warrior returned in 1992, The Iron Sheik had been released. That's a lot of malice and vitriol towards a man that he can't really say he knows. He may have known of him for 25 years, but I'd question if he actually knows him.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:08 pm

The heat stems from SummerSlam 91 when the Vince McMahon line is "Warrior held the WWF to ransom"

What actually transpired was Hogan/Slaughter/Savage had all recieved their WrestleMania pay packets while Warrior hadn't, he then told Vince he wanted his Mania cheque as well as his SummerSlam cheque up front as he wasn't waiting again.

When Warrior told McMahon he'd walk out before the Main Event Shiek said he'd break his legs...Sheik is a McMahon guy so thats basically the stamce he's held since that day

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:38 pm

wasnt there an altercation at an autograph signing where warrior refused to shake shieks hand because shiek had been bad mouthing him.

To which shiek started a foul mouth tirade in front of fans and kids etc.

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 16 Jul 2013, 3:03 pm

Kay Fabe, lets take a look at that story. Firstly, I think Warrior is well within his rights to ask for that cheque. If my employer missed a pay cheque and it took 4 months to clear up, I'd be more than a little irate. Alternatively, if I've done business with someone outside of work and they've stalled 4 months on payment, whilst a) being good for the money and b) paying others involved in the project, I would at the very least be looking to cut my losses and walk away. If I was foolish enough to accept another contract with them, I would want upfront payment. I think that's reasonable, and I think Warrior is also reasonable in that situation too.

Which brings me to my second point. Iron Sheik has held a grudge against someone for over 20 years. That's unhealthy. As far as I'm concerned, the issue was none of his business. And with that "break his legs" mentality displayed by people like Sheik, Slaughter and even Hogan (they've all claimed to have made the leg break offer over the years), I have even more respect for Warrior for not being intimidated and walked over by the backstage bullies within McMahon's inner circle.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 16 Jul 2013, 3:58 pm

MetalMotty wrote:wasnt there an altercation at an autograph signing where warrior refused to shake shieks hand because shiek had been bad mouthing him.

To which shiek started a foul mouth tirade in front of fans and kids etc.

Whilst I'm waving the Warrior Flag today, I may as well have my two cents on this as well.

Over the years Warrior has had far more heat than Iron Sheik. But in this situation, who maintained their dignity? Who was in the right and who was in the wrong? The Warrior refuses to shake the mans hand, and with good reason. He's clearly a man of principle. Iron Sheik proceeds to let himself down in front of everyone. Warrior gave a much better lesson in how to act in front of people and yet he's the one that retains a poor reputation, where as Sheik's following increases because of his natural comic ability and eccentricity. Crazy.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:31 pm

Kid Vicious wrote:Kay Fabe, lets take a look at that story. Firstly, I think Warrior is well within his rights to ask for that cheque. If my employer missed a pay cheque and it took 4 months to clear up, I'd be more than a little irate. Alternatively, if I've done business with someone outside of work and they've stalled 4 months on payment, whilst a) being good for the money and b) paying others involved in the project, I would at the very least be looking to cut my losses and walk away. If I was foolish enough to accept another contract with them, I would want upfront payment. I think that's reasonable, and I think Warrior is also reasonable in that situation too.

Which brings me to my second point. Iron Sheik has held a grudge against someone for over 20 years. That's unhealthy. As far as I'm concerned, the issue was none of his business. And with that "break his legs" mentality displayed by people like Sheik, Slaughter and even Hogan (they've all claimed to have made the leg break offer over the years), I have even more respect for Warrior for not being intimidated and walked over by the backstage bullies within McMahon's inner circle.

You're preaching to the converted, thought that was rather obvious in my post OK 

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:42 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:
Kid Vicious wrote:Kay Fabe, lets take a look at that story. Firstly, I think Warrior is well within his rights to ask for that cheque. If my employer missed a pay cheque and it took 4 months to clear up, I'd be more than a little irate. Alternatively, if I've done business with someone outside of work and they've stalled 4 months on payment, whilst a) being good for the money and b) paying others involved in the project, I would at the very least be looking to cut my losses and walk away. If I was foolish enough to accept another contract with them, I would want upfront payment. I think that's reasonable, and I think Warrior is also reasonable in that situation too.

You're preaching to the converted, thought that was rather obvious in my post OK 

Think of my, uh, sermon, more as adding to your point, rather than me thinking you believed Warrior "held the WWF to ransom"
thumbsup 

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down