The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia "A" squad to face South Africa "A", interesting omission and Addtion.

+2
invisiblecoolers
kingraf
6 posters

Go down

Australia "A" squad to face South Africa "A", interesting omission and Addtion. Empty Australia "A" squad to face South Africa "A", interesting omission and Addtion.

Post by kingraf Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:59 pm

Cricket SA press release for the Australian team doing battle:

Aaron Finch (c), Ashton
Agar, Fawad Ahmed, Nathan Coulter-
Nile, Alex Doolan (vc), Josh Hazlewood,
Moises Henriques, Nic Maddinson,
Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Glenn
Maxwell, Tim Paine, Gurinder Sandhu, Chadd Sayers.

Interesting to note Agar's name has been added to the squad, probably not going to play in Manchester, then. As interesting, imo is Warner's omission. Might he come back for OT?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Australia "A" squad to face South Africa "A", interesting omission and Addtion. Empty Re: Australia "A" squad to face South Africa "A", interesting omission and Addtion.

Post by invisiblecoolers Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:13 pm

As usual most preference are given to T20 style players like Aaron Finch, Glen Maxwell etc,.., I guess Cricket Australian want to dominate T20 future and striving hard to become the T20 champions which they have never won. picard 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Australia "A" squad to face South Africa "A", interesting omission and Addtion. Empty Re: Australia "A" squad to face South Africa "A", interesting omission and Addtion.

Post by GSC Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:42 pm

Agars been terrible as a bowler, and its better for him to play cricket at his age than carry drinks. Makes sense from that view.

Not sure Warner will play but Lehmann gives himself the option.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:07 pm

If Warner is available, then he should come in for Hughes. Think he should bat at 4 with Watson remaining at the top of the order for now. But if Watson continues to underperform, then Australia should bring Warner up the order and bring in James Faulkner.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:45 am

Also Pat Cumming's name is missing from that list, he played against Zim

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:27 am

Thanks Raymond. I dont know if he is coming to England, but he is pretty special.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:16 pm

?    That looks like the original  A squad...

Before Agar was added to the Ashes group ...and before Warner was sent off for penance...

Last edited by alfie on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down