The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulev vs Thompson signed

+3
bhb001
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
inman124
7 posters

Go down

Pulev vs Thompson signed Empty Pulev vs Thompson signed

Post by inman124 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:36 am

Dont see point in this fight, Pulev is overhyped, cant punch and fought nobody of a decent standard.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/news/2013/07/25/sauerland-pulev-v-thompson-is-signed-ibf-approval-is-key.html

inman124

Back to top Go down

Pulev vs Thompson signed Empty Re: Pulev vs Thompson signed

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:45 am

Well Thompson showed he isnt the chump most people labelled him as after Wlad sparked him.

Remember the comments of everyone when the 1st Price fight got signed. Thompson was barely expected to last 2 rounds.

I think this will be a good fight to see how good Pulev is. I would take him to win only for the fact it will probably be in Germany and Thompson will get shafted either way if it goes to the cards. Sauerland seem to be guiding Pulev to Wladimir so the judges will be the ones that scored the Helenius vs Chisora fight no doubt.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 12:04 pm

Wasn't Pulev vs Fury the eliminator for mandatory? If so, does this supercede that in anyway? Some how, I don't think Wlad vs Thompson would go down as one of the classic trilogies!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Furysuppercut Thu 25 Jul 2013, 12:05 pm

This is very true BHB. It wont go down as a massively remembered trilogy. But at least Thompson is taking on such risks to get back to that position unlike some.....

Furysuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 12:12 pm

Furysuppercut wrote:This is very true BHB. It wont go down as a massively remembered trilogy. But at least Thompson is taking on such risks to get back to that position unlike some.....

Good point. If he keeps winning then he will be the most deserving challenger and you can't knock that. At the moment he is a gate keeper, i believe, and Price never got past him

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 25 Jul 2013, 3:06 pm

Wouldn't say hes a gatekeeper just yet as nobody has beat him apart from Wlad in the last 13 years.

Gatekeepers normally give a good fight and get beat. Nobody has done this to Thompson. He is still very much a live contender.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 26 Jul 2013, 8:09 am

This is the type of fight boxing needs more of. Im tired of this WWE mentality in boxing, where fights don't make sense unless one is using the other as a sacrificial lamb. This is a sport, The best need to fight the best. Two Ring Top ten heavyweights going at it is great.

Of course it isn't a super fight, but its a proper fight... The way it is supposed to be.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 26 Jul 2013, 10:44 am

kingraf wrote:This is the type of fight boxing needs more of. Im tired of this WWE mentality in boxing, where fights don't make sense unless one is using the other as a sacrificial lamb. This is a sport, The best need to fight the best. Two Ring Top ten heavyweights going at it is great.

Of course it isn't a super fight, but its a proper fight... The way it is supposed to be.

Couldn't agree more. I don't see what there is to complain about here. Two top ten HW fighters being matched up is a good thing.

Last edited by Boxtthis on Fri 26 Jul 2013, 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 26 Jul 2013, 10:44 am

Looking forward to this one, that card is looking quite nice.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down