The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smackdown Spoilers for next week

+9
Dolphin Ziggler
Blade
NickisBHAFC
MetalMotty
TheCultOfPersonality
Kay Fabe
kingraf
TopoftheChops
Dash.Hammer
13 posters

Go down

Smackdown Spoilers for next week Empty Smackdown Spoilers for next week

Post by Dash.Hammer Fri 26 Jul 2013, 5:43 pm

Dark Match
The Wyatt Family beat Tons of Funk

Lots of heat from the fans in Houston for the Wyatts. Erick Rowan hit a big splash on Brodus Clay. After that, Bray Wyatt got out of his rocking chair and finished off Clay. Wyatt then cut another one of his promos on Kane. Not a typical dark match, although they could have been re-taping a television match, as they had the SmackDown ring apron and lighting for this match, despite the fact that it was held prior to the Main Event taping. After this match, the Main Event ring apron was put up and next week's Main Event show was filmed. Following the conclusion of the Main Event taping, the SmackDown ring apron went back up. Make of that what you will until further notice.

WWE SmackDown Taping

-In between Main Event and SmackDown, the WWE ring crew switched the apron covers, JBL and Josh Mathews headed to the back and Alex Riley and Michael Cole were introduced as the SmackDown broadcast team.

-WWE SmackDown opens with World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio coming out to the ring. Del Rio gets on the mic and says WWE Champion John Cena wasted his pick on Daniel Bryan because Cena is afraid of him. Del Rio says he's chosen his SummerSlam opponent. Del Rio says he'll face Ricardo Rodriguez. This brings out SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero. Vickie announces that tonight there will be a triple-threat match between Rob Van Dam, Randy Orton and Christian. The winner of the triple-threat match will be the challenger to Del Rio's World Heavyweight Championship at SummerSlam.

-Cody Rhodes defeated Jack Swagger

Not a lot in the way of details here. Was said to be a fairly quick match with Rhodes going over via pinfall with a sunset flip. After the match, Josh Mathews attempted to interview Rhodes. While talking, however, Rhodes was attacked from behind by his former tag-team partner and the current owner of the World Heavyweight Championship Money In The Bank briefcase, Damien Sandow.

-Big E. Langston defeated Sin Cara

Good match. This one was also kept relatively short. Pretty much what you would expect - Sin Cara attempting to utilize his quickness and agility, while Langston dominated him with power offense. The finish came when Sin Cara attempted a springboard spot, but Langston caught him and hit him with his finisher to pick up the 1-2-3.

-Backstage, Houston's own Kaitlyn played to her hometown crowd ahead of her Divas Championship shot against current title-holder AJ Lee later tonight. Layla gave Kaitlyn a big hug for support.

-Backstage, we enter the General Manager office. Vickie Guerrero addresses World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio again. Before anything of note happens, RAW General Manager Brad Maddox enters the office. Maddox informs Guerrero that Del Rio will be under his authority on RAW next Monday night.

-CM Punk defeated Fandango

A video package featuring Fandango and CM Punk's issues from "last week" airs prior to their one-on-one match, which is up next. The match got some time, as it went almost 12 minutes. The finish came when Punk suplexed Fandango and went right into the Vice. Fandango immediately tapped out, giving Punk the submission victory. Based on live reports, the match was said to be slow-paced, but very good for a television match.

-Backstage, Rob Van Dam was interviewed about his chance to earn a World Heavyweight Championship match at SummerSlam in the triple-threat match scheduled for later tonight. Van Dam doesn't say much before he is interupted by Christian. Christian as well doesn't get the chance to say a whole lot before he too is interupted by Randy Orton. Orton mentions how he is not complacent with just having the Money In The Bank briefcase. Orton says he may just wind up with both the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship. Van Dam and Christian disagree.

-AJ Lee defeated Kaitlyn to retain the Divas Championship

AJ Lee ended up retaining her Divas Championship over the hometown girl in this one. As is the case when a talent is in their hometown, WWE feels the need to either embarass the person or job them out. Tradition continued here, as Layla turned heel on Kaitlyn, costing her the match and the title. The finish came when Layla protected AJ on the floor, allowing her to apply the Black Widow on Kaitlyn for the submission victory. Match went a little over three minutes.

-A video package airs centered around WWE and the National Guard.

-Another video package airs, this time for Booker T. It was the same package that aired for Booker's Hall Of Fame induction. Booker then came out on stage in the arena briefly, as they put over the fact that it was "Booker T Day" in Houston today.

-And finally, a third video aired promoting the upcoming WWE TLC pay-per-view in December, which will be held at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas, the site of tonight's taping.

-Rob Van Dam vs. Randy Orton vs. Christian (#1 Contender's Match)

And we have our new number one contender to the World Heavyweight Championship: Christian. Christian defeated Rob Van Dam and Randy Orton in the triple-threat match to earn the shot at Alberto Del Rio at SummerSlam. The finish came when Orton hit an RKO on RVD. Following the RKO, Christian rolled Orton up for the 1-2-3. SmackDown went off the air with World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio attacking the new number one contender Christian.

Dash.Hammer

Back to top Go down

Smackdown Spoilers for next week Empty Re: Smackdown Spoilers for next week

Post by TopoftheChops Fri 26 Jul 2013, 6:38 pm

One more match!

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 28 Jul 2013, 9:37 pm

Christian really does pull off this One more match gimmick really well. I dont know if its a good thing or not, but I love it
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 29 Jul 2013, 12:40 am

Christian in a World Titke match????? Whats not to love, with the wins he's bren getting since he came back I knew he was being used for something, didn't realise it was for Alberto though, with Christian already beating him in a cage and also in thr ladder match for the Workd Titke these two have some decent history, also Del Rio was credited with putting Christian out of action for 6 months back in late 2010.

Could be a decent littke feud

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Mon 29 Jul 2013, 1:42 pm

Huge fan of Christian here, very happy and predicted he would face Del Rio. He won't win...but it should be a good match.

I like the lil feud between Sandow and Rhodes, I hope it ends with Rhodes having the briefcase as although Sandow is amazing on the mic, he still needs to improve in the ring.

Really liking this AJ/Kaitlyn feud btw, AJ Lee is amazing.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:46 am

I was gonna say Christian is probably one of the few who has actually had a good fued with Del Rio. So should be good whatever the outcome

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 04 Aug 2013, 12:38 pm

Christian Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo 

I actually screamed like a little girl when he won lol

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Sun 04 Aug 2013, 1:05 pm

You big girl Laugh
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 04 Aug 2013, 2:03 pm

Really good triple threat. Im the only one on this board who isnt a Christian fan, and I look at this one as an opening match type, likely no momentum for the feud. He was definitely the best option of the three, he'll put on a decent match and wont get harmed for a loss.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 04 Aug 2013, 2:48 pm

Nope make it two that finds Christian nowadays as dull as dishwater. The dirtsheet forums are full of 'peeps' ecstatic at the news, personally find that match less of interest than AJ v Kaitlyn part 46 etc.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 04 Aug 2013, 11:18 pm

I think you're being pretty harsh on Christian, he may never again be touted for main event status but at upper midcard, I don't think their are many, if any, more capable in the world, he's a great wrestler who gets the best out of his opponent and is comfortable on the mic, face or heel.

If WWE need someone to fill in against Del Rio, why not Christian, I'd rather him than Sheamus again

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 04 Aug 2013, 11:46 pm

Thats about it though isnt it. Fill in. It'll be a fine match that doesnt rock the boat. But I wont claim to be too interested.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 05 Aug 2013, 10:43 am

Thing is he COULD win the match. I doubt it, but it could happen so Damien Sandow has a face to cash in his briefcase on. If I had to put money on though, I would go with Alberto Del Rio.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Mon 05 Aug 2013, 10:52 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Thats about it though isnt it. Fill in. It'll be a fine match that doesnt rock the boat. But I wont claim to be too interested.

Your always on about Del Rio being boring and having crap fueds yet his one with Christian was good. Does it matter about fill in Feuds? Cena has fill ins, just part of being a champion and lazy booking.

Christian was the better choice out the 3

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 05 Aug 2013, 2:14 pm

I don't mind filler feuds because it makes sense that not every title match will have a heated feud behind it, it's just like in football, not every match is a huge deal. Sometimes it's nice to see a world title match be essentially about the world title rather than any personal issues behind it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 05 Aug 2013, 2:29 pm

MetalMotty wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Thats about it though isnt it. Fill in. It'll be a fine match that doesnt rock the boat. But I wont claim to be too interested.

Your always on about Del Rio being boring and having crap fueds yet his one with Christian was good. Does it matter about fill in Feuds? Cena has fill ins, just part of being a champion and lazy booking.

Christian was the better choice out the 3

All it means is I now have to watch two people I dont like in a feud. The only thing I like is the return of number one contender matches (rather than Mark Henry nearly retiring so hes number one contender). At least they will wrestle fine. 

I would have preferred a better feud for the title going into Summerslam, I'm not annoyed about it particularly, just not that interested.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 05 Aug 2013, 2:41 pm

They still have time to develop a feud going into Summer Slam though.

Christan one a number one contenders match, he got attacked by Del Rio after the match. Good start.

Now they have a few weeks to have Promo's and attacks on each other.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 05 Aug 2013, 3:55 pm

Its just that im not interested in Christian. I didnt like his last run in and around the WHC scene either. I would enjoy him much more using his experience in the tag division with a green mic worker or even some sort of old pros gimmick with RVD, but otherwise I dont really care for him.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 05 Aug 2013, 10:53 pm

Christian isnt boring, I think hes great, always have, the thing is though the WWE arent selling him as an equal in terms of drawing power, they'll give him a few wins and let him pin big names from time to time but until they give him a mic and he'll never be held in the same regard as even guys like Del Rio even if he could genuinely beat Del Rio.

Fans love Christian, hes one of a few faces the fans want to get behind and I like the diversity in his matches, his matches are also entertaining, you can tell he isnt saddled with the WWE Style

I also think if the WWE really want to get heat for Sandow then taking the belt off Christian could be the way to do it

Its instant heat

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:54 pm

I've just never been a big fan and I think his popularity could be used better on guys a little lower down the pecking order or in the tag teams. His matches are always fine, him and Del Rio will work a good match I'm sure, but it wont have that intrigue that some of the others do, that natural kind of draw. 

I mean, thats my personal feeling anyway, I certainly dont despise him and I would have him with the company, but just a notch down. I think I would like him more at a lower level cos it would add some prestige to those areas and he could really pass off experience to either his opponent/s or a tag team partner. Say vs Curtis Axel or alongside a rookie he can mentor in a tag team, but one that seems more organic. I think that would tell a really good story, the veteran uses his knowledge in the tag division.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 06 Aug 2013, 12:29 am

I dont really agree but thats because I doo like the guy, I think the WWE missed the boat with him, they were crying out for a babyface underdog the fans would buy into since Jeff Hardy called it a day 4 years ago and the pop he got for winning the title against Del Rio was unreal, fans were very disheartened when Orton took the belt off him two days later.

I think he ticks every box, his style isn't overly familar as not too many do what he does in the ring and I also think hes very underrated on the mic, he's excellent on the mic.

My problem with him is that he looks to frail and yellowy, he never looks healthy but if we're going to have a Main Event division on SmackDown! that has Del Rio as its Champion and Sandow (who I rate) and Cody Rhodes possibly and Sheamus and Jack Swagger as the contenders then Christian who I rate as more entertaining than every single one certainly has a place in that kind of company.

Its how you see it though, if you like someone you'll look for the positives to outweigh the negatives, if you dont like someone you'll find fault a lot easier, such is life

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 06 Aug 2013, 12:54 am

I'm not sure Christian can ever have a serious main event run now, at 39 and with the massive injury problems he's had over the past two years, he's probably missed the boat.

Whether WWE should have capitalised on him when he returned from TNA is a different story, he was in the debate of being the best in the world at that point and didn't deserve to be pigeon holed away in ECW.

I still think he can do an excellent job in the established veteran mid/upper mid card role, he's twice the performer of guys like Jericho and RVD who are fulfilling that role now, he could also do an excellent job in the tag ranks as Chris mentioned.

I have no issues with him getting an occasional title shot, and I kind of get the point about the lack of heat in the feud, but that's hardly his fault, he was only appointed No 1 contender this week and he's having to face a champion as soul crushing as Del Rio, I still think it will be a good to very good match, such is the nature of Christian who's had great matches with everyone from Randy Orton to Ezekial Jackson, I don't know if people remember but following the match with Jackson people were touting him to go on to big things, Christian made him look that good.

Admittedly I am like Kayfabe a Christian fan, I think he's missed the boat as far as an real main event longevity goes, that's sad and WWE really should have done more with him 5 years ago, but he's still one of the most versatile performers in WWE and I'd rather celebrate than bemoan that he's getting a small sliver of recognition.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 06 Aug 2013, 1:03 am

I have no problem with recognition, thats a little harsher than I feel, I merely dont think he should be in a role of at the very least the second most important title in the company at his age and at this time. Its a what have you done for me lately business after all

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 06 Aug 2013, 2:06 am

People are consumed with age these days, 39 isn't old to be a Pro Wrestler, particularly ones in the WWE where there is a lot less risk taking, ive never quite got this need to wind guys up and get them ready for the scrap heap as soon as they hit 40 or approaching it, some of the best Wrestlers of all time didnt peak until their mid-late 30s

As House said the WWE could have pushed Christian countless times, in 2005 for me he was better than Edge, in 2009 when he came back he should have came back to aid Edge, even in ECW the pop his World Title matches got on PPV were usually pops of the night.

Im 2011 when they did finally pull the trigger on him they swerved it and mucked him up.

His time has came and gone as a legitimate long term main event talent but I think hes better than just throwing him in a tag division they seriously aren't too interested in, as long as Del Rio is the standard then guys like Christian will always have legitimate arguments to get the odd title run

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 06 Aug 2013, 2:20 am

I understand that, maybe its also my hope that Del Rio isnt the standard bearer that opponents are judged by. I wouldnt have been particularly interested in a good few of the available options, I'm not exactly singling him out, its just endemic of a weak area. 

And my point is that you move someone like that in there to help newer guys and garner more interest in a dormant division. 

I have no real problem with him being there, I'm just not particularly interested. I actually think RVD would have been interesting as it opens him up to more interest from the younger audience who dont know him as much. Thus, its not age as a defining factor, just one of a few.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 06 Aug 2013, 9:04 am

Sometimes the better more obvious option isnt the road tbe WWE go down, Christian was hot as hell when he came back to the WWE but because of hos association with TNA he had to do his WWE purgatory, RVD maybe in the same boat.

If RVD comes in right away and loses a World Title feud then it loses the initial momentum a return garners, thats another reason they often stay away from throwing returning faces in those scenarios, its often not a problem to job a heel out on a return but they like their faces to have some kind of credibility or so it seems

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down