The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bradley v Marquez, disagreement over testing!!

+16
Rodney
jack-rabbitpunch
BoxingFan88
Diamond in the rough
hazharrison
J.Benson II
AlexHuckerby
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
ShahenshahG
bellchees
milkyboy
joeyjojo618
Strongback
mobilemaster8
PPVxHOTTY
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bradley v Marquez, disagreement over testing!! - Page 2 Empty Bradley v Marquez, disagreement over testing!!

Post by PPVxHOTTY Thu 01 Aug 2013, 1:42 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-boxing-news/the-bob-arum-nevada-testing-agency-is-failing

Seen this recently and something is just not right. Bradley should walk from Arum as he's breached their contract according to this report.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Bradley v Marquez, disagreement over testing!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bradley v Marquez, disagreement over testing!!

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 01 Aug 2013, 3:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm supposed to change my opinion because you have a different one....

Talk about pot kettle black.

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:and when have I insulted him.......

Numerous times when you fail to provide a retort when I pick holes in your paper thin arguments and resort to calling me a wum and a muppet instead.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Bradley v Marquez, disagreement over testing!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bradley v Marquez, disagreement over testing!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 01 Aug 2013, 3:29 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Pretty sure Mayweather doesn't juice. Doesn't look like it, and he's one of the biggest advocates for testing. Pretty sure Manny doesn't either, he's not overnight become some sort of bull mastiff from a yorkshire terrier, the guy has accumulated his weight through age, training and nutrition - he's not some explosive bomb thrower but he does have KO power, as all boxers to at the level he operates at. Can't use his KO of Hatton as a stick, because frankly, he just hit him hard with a wicked punch, it wasn't suspect at the time, and it shouldn't be suspect in retrospect to hit him over the head with. The massive question mark can now be held over Marquez because of his previous links with juicing coaches and the fact he managed to KO Pacquiao with a punch that we've never seen him land before at the weight to that effect. Plus the fact Arum is trying to cover for him - it all stinks.

No smoke without fire. No smoke around Manny (how the hell did this topic become about him?) but plenty around Marquez.

Toppy, although I sympathise, its useless trying to get Truss to listen if he has his own opinion, stubborn to the last that one. But lets not insult each other - we're bigger than that.

d4 used to swear Mayweather juiced because he had big traps....No kidding !!

So If you've been born with big traps your screwed !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 01 Aug 2013, 3:31 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:I don't think Mayweather is juicing, he punches as hard as Malignaggi at Welter/LMW and he has come from featherweight and was only really a hard puncher lower down..........which is incidentally how it should be.......unlike Pacquiao who has done the complete opposite...........

Like I said mobile 12-1 (4) at 108.............No sign of natural power there..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 01 Aug 2013, 3:33 pm

Yeh completely agree.

although funnily enough, i was privileged to witness D4's attempt at the "traps" debate.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 01 Aug 2013, 3:34 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Yeh completely agree.

although funnily enough, i was privileged to witness D4's attempt at the "traps" debate.

Garbage wasn't it..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 01 Aug 2013, 3:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:I don't think Mayweather is juicing, he punches as hard as Malignaggi at Welter/LMW and he has come from featherweight and was only really a hard puncher lower down..........which is incidentally how it should be.......unlike Pacquiao who has done the complete opposite...........

Like I said mobile 12-1 (4) at 108.............No sign of natural power there..

So a child has no ko power but a grown adult does and that's meant to be conclusive proof?

What was floyd's ko ratio aged 16 at 108??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 01 Aug 2013, 3:42 pm

Yeh just a bit. A bit like his P4P thread the other day, or the reason behind Pac vs Mayweather not happening. I may just have a browse and check out his current crock of Poopie.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 01 Aug 2013, 3:44 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Yeh just a bit. A bit like his P4P thread the other day, or the reason behind Pac vs Mayweather not happening. I may just have a browse and check out his current crock of Poopie.

Usually a long these lines..........

1. Manny beat all Mayweather's opponents easier than him.......All though they were beaten by Floyd when they were past it...

2. Some hack in Indiana say's mayweather is overrated....

3. Mayweather needs to grow a pair !!Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 01 Aug 2013, 4:00 pm

1) Mayweather..........just an ordinary fighter
2) Why Blame Bob? He is no villain..........(aimed at Mayweather for preventing the fight)
3) Mayweathers latest ducking manoeuvre (aimed at Mayweather when he said Pacman was past it)

Just witnessed reading back through his threads that there is more money involved in the Rios fight then Alvarez.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 01 Aug 2013, 4:08 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:1) Mayweather..........just an ordinary fighter
2) Why Blame Bob? He is no villain..........(aimed at Mayweather for preventing the fight)
3) Mayweathers latest ducking manoeuvre (aimed at Mayweather when he said Pacman was past it)

Just witnessed reading back through his threads that there is more money involved in the Rios fight then Alvarez.

He doesn't rate Ward either...Like I said I think we bombed his hut in Afghanistan..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 01 Aug 2013, 4:16 pm

Haha well i suppose that's his justification then!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 01 Aug 2013, 4:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He doesn't rate Ward either...Like I said I think we bombed his hut in Afghanistan..

*Bristol

Pretty sure he's UK based if memory serves.

Guy was THE broken record. We laugh and cry at Winchester who talks more garbage, but I personally envision him in a hotel in the Phillepenes opposite Manny's political office waiting to quumf his bike.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 01 Aug 2013, 4:49 pm

I can still remember getting my hands on Arnold The Education Of A Bodybuilder when I was 14 years old.  I read that book cover to cover and dedicated myself to following the training, dietary and psychological approaches of Arnold.  I was going to become the next Arnold.

At 15 a serious weight trainer at my gym told me Arnold had sold millions of those books but how many guys actually got  close to looking like Arnold by following his advice?

At 15 I saw for the first time lads in the gym injecting themselves with Test and Deca on a Saturday morning when the owner gave them the keys to the gym so they could do some extra training.

Me, I still believed I was going to make it without steroids and justified it by comparing myself to the guys using and noting they weren't gaining any quicker than me.  The reality though was I had better genetics than they did and my body was producing tons of natural testosterone and growth hormone because I was still a kid.

By 17 I was squatting 400lbs for 6 reps, and then stretching the legs with 300lbs for a set of 20 reps.  People believed me when I said I was going to be a serious bodybuilder.

I was about 18 when the penny finally dropped that it was impossible to make it to the top without steroids.  Every bodybuilder I knew was taking steroids some as young as 16.  I looked around and there were guys in the gym taking drugs so they could stick their chest out and wear a short sleeved t-shirt on a Saturday night!  Steroids were and are as common as muck.  

I competed clean until I was 20 and spent 2 years mulling over whether to take peds.  At one stage I had decided I would and went to a Mr Universe competitor for advice.  His advice was "You have more brains than anyone in this gym, you don't need steroids and you don't need bodybuilding. You could create a good body but there are better challenges out there given your education etc".  That was one of the best bits of advice I ever got.  

I still lift because once its in your blood it never leaves you.

Steroids are a part of modern life from the average Joe in the pub to the greatest sportsmen on earth. I've seen too much ped taking to believe superhuman conditioning and performances.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 01 Aug 2013, 4:55 pm

Agreed. I never tire of lifting things. In fact, I just lifted a whole cup of tea before I wrote this.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 01 Aug 2013, 4:57 pm

The name Strongback comes with a story I see!

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 01 Aug 2013, 5:00 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Agreed.  I never tire of lifting things.  In fact, I just lifted a whole cup of tea before I wrote this.  

How many reps you manage?

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 01 Aug 2013, 5:01 pm

Depends how much tea is in his whisky

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 01 Aug 2013, 5:30 pm

Read a book on steroids wrote by a doctor,was considering whether to take them,frightened me to death,liver failure,heart disease,malfunctioning kidneys,impotency,some of the possible side effects, I thought train naturally my son.My mates a diabetic the gym he trains at had bodybuilders  knocking on his door asking to buy insulin, told them where to go.

Any fighter found juicing should be banned for life.Governing bodies need to grow a pair.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu 01 Aug 2013, 5:34 pm

Great post Strongback. Quite similar to the experiences I had.

Strongback wrote:I can still remember getting my hands on Arnold The Education Of A Bodybuilder when I was 14 years old.  I read that book cover to cover and dedicated myself to following the training, dietary and psychological approaches of Arnold.  I was going to become the next Arnold.

Have you read Arnold's autobiography. Apparently he claimed in it that steriods were as much use to his bodybuilding as "a good suntan".
Rolling Eyes 
Its almost funny how these guys keep lying till the very end. 

Strongback wrote:Me, I still believed I was going to make it without steroids and justified it by comparing myself to the guys using and noting they weren't gaining any quicker than me. I was about 18 when the penny finally dropped that it was impossible to make it to the top without steroids.

Yes, people who begin to train produce great gains in their first two years and assume that these gains will continue in a linear fashion. However, every year the gains become much less noticable until you hit a wall - your body's natural hormonal levels just can't sustain anymore muscle. You get your bodyfat down to single digit bodyfat and realise you resemble a swimmer rather than a bodybuilder. At this point you realise that in order to be a bodybuilder, you need to go down the drugs route.

Strongback wrote:I looked around and there were guys in the gym taking drugs so they could stick their chest out and wear a short sleeved t-shirt on a Saturday night!  Steroids were and are as common as muck.

When I was at my biggest, I remember often getting asked in gyms by random guys "what my stack/cycle" was. The thing is, these guys were not athletes or competing bodybuilders. They were just average guys (some very young) that just wanted to get bigger so they'd impress girls in clubs and bars. If guys like this were willing to juice, just imagine the mindset of professional athletes (including boxers) whose athletic performance can be the difference between thousands, if not millions and pounds.

Its unbelievable that people continue to be so naive on this topic.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 01 Aug 2013, 5:41 pm

Am I right in saying though, that Steroids don't actually increase their strength at the same level as natural training? For example two 25 year olds start with exactly the same weight and body shape, one takes steds and one trains naturally, will the guy on roids be stronger, faster but the guy who is naturally trained take longer to get to that level? Or will the guy on roids just look better?

I'm a complete novice when it comes to this sheet, if its not already evident

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu 01 Aug 2013, 5:56 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Am I right in saying though, that Steroids don't actually increase their strength at the same level as natural training? For example two 25 year olds start with exactly the same weight and body shape, one takes steds and one trains naturally, will the guy on roids be stronger, faster but the guy who is naturally trained take longer to get to that level? Or will the guy on roids just look better?

I'm a complete novice when it comes to this sheet, if its not already evident

Well if both guys have a similar genetic disposition, then the one using steriods will "blow up" a lot quicker than the one who's natural - in terms of both size and strength.
Steriods and other hormones produce big strength gains, and are used by all top strength athletes (powerlifters, strongmen, olympic weightlifters etc).

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 01 Aug 2013, 6:46 pm

One only has to look at the recent scandal in sprinting to see that it is most likely to be rife at the top levels of all sports.

Boxers virtually have a free pass. I could beat the current system.

Benson, ever seen the effects of EPO. Couple of buddies who cycle a lot considering giving it a go.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 01 Aug 2013, 7:28 pm

Strongback wrote:I can still remember getting my hands on Arnold The Education Of A Bodybuilder when I was 14 years old.  I read that book cover to cover and dedicated myself to following the training, dietary and psychological approaches of Arnold.  I was going to become the next Arnold.

At 15 a serious weight trainer at my gym told me Arnold had sold millions of those books but how many guys actually got  close to looking like Arnold by following his advice?

At 15 I saw for the first time lads in the gym injecting themselves with Test and Deca on a Saturday morning when the owner gave them the keys to the gym so they could do some extra training.

Me, I still believed I was going to make it without steroids and justified it by comparing myself to the guys using and noting they weren't gaining any quicker than me.  The reality though was I had better genetics than they did and my body was producing tons of natural testosterone and growth hormone because I was still a kid.

By 17 I was squatting 400lbs for 6 reps, and then stretching the legs with 300lbs for a set of 20 reps.  People believed me when I said I was going to be a serious bodybuilder.

I was about 18 when the penny finally dropped that it was impossible to make it to the top without steroids.  Every bodybuilder I knew was taking steroids some as young as 16.  I looked around and there were guys in the gym taking drugs so they could stick their chest out and wear a short sleeved t-shirt on a Saturday night!  Steroids were and are as common as muck.  

I competed clean until I was 20 and spent 2 years mulling over whether to take peds.  At one stage I had decided I would and went to a Mr Universe competitor for advice.  His advice was "You have more brains than anyone in this gym, you don't need steroids and you don't need bodybuilding. You could create a good body but there are better challenges out there given your education etc".  That was one of the best bits of advice I ever got.  

Steroids are a part of modern life from the average Joe in the pub to the greatest sportsmen on earth. I've seen too much ped taking to believe superhuman conditioning and performances.

To be honest not many juicers can shift 400 for 6 reps...........on the Squat....That's 4 plates each side...

So you obviously didn't need any steroids....Never lifted that myself and I've took plenty..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri 02 Aug 2013, 10:24 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:One only has to look at the recent scandal in sprinting to see that it is most likely to be rife at the top levels of all sports.

Boxers virtually have a free pass. I could beat the current system.

Benson, ever seen the effects of EPO. Couple of buddies who cycle a lot considering giving it a go.

To be honest, I'm not particularly knowledgeable in regards to EPO. Obviously its used mainly by athletes that compete at long distant events and even though I've heard some bodybuilders use it prior to competition, I've never actually met one that has (or at least has told me).
There are some compounds that I believe can be more dangerous than others if not used with great care, I'd consider EPO to be one such compound (which also would include compounds like Insulin and DNP).
Unless the cyclists you know are able to get proper administration of the drug than I would advise them against using it, especially if they are cycling purely has a hobby as opposed to a career.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 02 Aug 2013, 10:29 am

I only used to mess with deca, primo and dianabol stuff nothing too heavy..........

But when I first started training over here the owner had a kitchen at the back of the gym, he was a competing bodybuilder of some note and he showed me what he took.........

Took about seven different lots of steroids and injected insulin also which he kept chilled in the fridge....

He's dead now and I'm not surprised.....What kind of sport is that!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2