The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 greatest Brits of alltime - by the Bleacher report.

+14
ShahenshahG
88Chris05
captain carrantuohil
TopHat24/7
The Terror of Tylorstown
mobilemaster8
Atila
Eyetoldyouso
milkyboy
seanmichaels
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
TRUSSMAN66
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

20 greatest Brits of alltime - by the Bleacher report. - Page 3 Empty 20 greatest Brits of alltime - by the Bleacher report.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 8:17 am

First topic message reminder :

20. Duke mckenzie

19. John Conteh

18 Frank Bruno

17 Henry Cooper

14. Tommy Farr

13 Naseem Hamed

12 Lloyd Honeyghan

11 Barry Mcguigan

10 Ricky Hatton

9 Nigel Benn laughing 

8 Chris Eubank

7 Ken Buchanan

6. Randy Turpin

5. Lennox Lewis

4. Joe Calzaghe

3. Bob Fitzsimmons

2. Ted Kid Lewis

1. Jack Boughton...................????

Honey above Hamed ??..........Bruno in a top 20  and above Mckenzie..........Benn and Eubank above Hatton ??........Mcguigan above Honey and Hamed ??

Gotta be kidding me...........Surely if Fitz is on the list he has to be NUMBER 1 !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

20 greatest Brits of alltime - by the Bleacher report. - Page 3 Empty Re: 20 greatest Brits of alltime - by the Bleacher report.

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 08 Aug 2013, 9:25 pm

I don't doubt your courage captain but i'd doubt you'd say that to his face. I hear the ww2 gas masks are now totally unsafe for use. Death by shhittbreath would be an ignominious way for you to go.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

20 greatest Brits of alltime - by the Bleacher report. - Page 3 Empty Re: 20 greatest Brits of alltime - by the Bleacher report.

Post by horizontalhero Thu 08 Aug 2013, 10:13 pm

What's the problem with rating Eubank and Benn higher than Hatton? Surley not much in it, all two weight champions with a few good names on the resume, but not quite elite level.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 10:32 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Looks like youve been dumped Chris
Laugh 

Hopefully Herman has enough of that anger and disdain for me and captain to share it between us. It's like when you're at school and a really unattractive girl fancies you - you're not interested, but yet you somehow still don't like it when she forgets you and moves on to your mate!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 08 Aug 2013, 10:41 pm

88Chris05 wrote:It's like when you're at school and a really unattractive girl fancies you
No idea what you mean.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 08 Aug 2013, 10:52 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
Laugh 

Hopefully Herman has enough of that anger and disdain for me and captain to share it between us. It's like when you're at school and a really unattractive girl fancies you - you're not interested, but yet you somehow still don't like it when she forgets you and moves on to your mate!
Maybe we've been reading it wrong and its not herman but "her man" and thus begrudges you your successful evasion of her attentions. I have a vision that you may spark a antihomosexual backlash when you say "don't hate the player hate the game" on the podcast in your accent

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 09 Aug 2013, 7:33 am

Fear not Chris, there is a Froch fight coming up soon, a surefire way to worm your way back into his affections.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 09 Aug 2013, 8:23 am

88Chris05 wrote:
Laugh 

Had a chap at work who liked me. Hadn't known he was, you know, until I mentioned how friendly he was being and what a nice guy he was to a colleague. To cut a long story short he asked me out for a drink one lunchtime and (on advice from a mate) I deliberately spent the whole time talking about birds in the office i would 'do'. He didn't really speak to me again after that and I kind of miss the attention now.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Aug 2013, 8:50 am

But you still went out for a drink with him...Shocked 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 Aug 2013, 8:55 am

seanmichaels wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:
Laugh 

Had a chap at work who liked me. Hadn't known he was, you know, until I mentioned how friendly he was being and what a nice guy he was to a colleague. To cut a long story short he asked me out for a drink one lunchtime and (on advice from a mate) I deliberately spent the whole time talking about birds in the office i would 'do'. He didn't really speak to me again after that and I kind of miss the attention now.
Are you really that insecure that you can't go out for a drink with a gay person without talking up your 'manliness'?

I suspect you have some issues that you'd rather keep buried, seany.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Aug 2013, 8:57 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:
Laugh 

Are you really that insecure that you can't go out for a drink with a gay person without talking up your 'manliness'?

Yeah Sean...Your invite to the Oyster is hereby withdrawn...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 09 Aug 2013, 8:58 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Are you really that insecure that you can't go out for a drink with a gay person without talking up your 'manliness'?

Could keep a half decent therapist in work for a year trying to unpick the issues in that one.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Aug 2013, 8:59 am

Not sure why Tino is getting so upset about it Rowley ???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 Aug 2013, 9:00 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not sure why Tino is getting so upset about it Rowley ???
 20 greatest Brits of alltime - by the Bleacher report. - Page 3 3559488474 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 09 Aug 2013, 9:02 am

It's ok, Tina, I too am 35 and have confused thoughts sometimes.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 Aug 2013, 9:05 am

superflyweight wrote:It's ok, Tina, I too am 35 and have confused thoughts sometimes.  
As evidenced by the vast majority of your posting.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 09 Aug 2013, 9:13 am

superflyweight wrote:It's ok, Tina, I too am 35 and have confused thoughts sometimes.  
Insert German word for touche!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Aug 2013, 9:18 am

superflyweight wrote:
Insert German word for touche!
Let's just calm down...I for one will admit to being in touch with my female side........In fact it's the only female I get to touch these days...Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 09 Aug 2013, 9:29 am

Which of your sides is female truss, your frontside or your backside?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Aug 2013, 9:34 am

milkyboy wrote:Which of your sides is female truss, your frontside or your backside?
I'll let your Mrs decide..If and when she wins the lottery...thumbsup 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 09 Aug 2013, 10:28 am

seanmichaels wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:
Laugh 

Nah just not met many. In fact only met a few recently through missus's work mates. Find them very exciteable and don't really like commotion. Anyway, nothing wrong with setting out the lay of the land early doors.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 Aug 2013, 10:33 am

Still struggling with the quote function, seany?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 09 Aug 2013, 10:47 am

Maybe he's just generally confused.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 09 Aug 2013, 10:52 am

As a nation the The British have a soft spot for camp behaviour. It's part of their culture.

The French refer to the "English Disease" and they aren't talking about football hooligans.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 09 Aug 2013, 10:59 am

Better than the French disease of syphilis.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Fri 09 Aug 2013, 11:02 am

Well that's the point, superfly - the French do indead speak of "la maladie anglaise", or English disease, but they are also referring to syphilis, rather than homosexuality. Think that other languages ascribe it to Spain, so it's a goodold universal thing. Enjoying the turn that this thread has taken!

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 09 Aug 2013, 11:09 am

captain carrantuohil wrote: Enjoying the turn that this thread has taken!
We had to move it on, otherwise Herman would eventually discover most people had Calzaghe above Froch. As Chris can testify this rarely ends well.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 09 Aug 2013, 11:27 am

captain carrantuohil wrote:Well that's the point, superfly - the French do indead speak of "la maladie anglaise", or English disease, but they are also referring to syphilis, rather than homosexuality. Think that other languages ascribe it to Spain, so it's a goodold universal thing. Enjoying the turn that this thread has taken!
I can't claim any particular knowledge about this but I did work with a French colleague who refered to the "English Disease" as a homosexual term. Maybe like AIDS there were greater instances of syphilis amongst homosexuals, I don't know.

He also called the English "Roast Beefs" which I told him didn't sound like much of an insult. His response was they call us "Frogs Legs". I'm guessing these names developed in less sophisticated times.

Last edited by Strongback on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Aug 2013, 11:29 am

"Garlic munching Nazi collaborators" E. Hitler (Bottom 3 - Hooligan's Island)

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 09 Aug 2013, 12:02 pm

"cheese munching surrender monkeys"  A. Simpson (The Simpsons, unknown episode!)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Aug 2013, 3:11 pm

I love it when the Brits argue with the French......

It's like being the most popular boy in class and watching two nerds going after eachother!!!Cool Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 09 Aug 2013, 3:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
It's like being the most popular boy in class and watching two nerds going after eachother!!!Cool Cool 
who else is hated as much as the yanks? Israel maybe......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Aug 2013, 3:36 pm

"Let them hate us...as long as they fear us".......Emperor Tiberius.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 09 Aug 2013, 3:40 pm

"He who dares rodders" - Del Boy.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Aug 2013, 3:43 pm

You should love us Yanks...with a name like Sean michaels .........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3