The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Will Win The AFC East?

+7
Skyforger
NYJ
mikeygnfl
TM Moot
Barney92
crazy_dave23
Derbyblue
11 posters

Go down

Who Will Win The AFC East?

Who Will Win The AFC East? Vote_lcap5%Who Will Win The AFC East? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Who Will Win The AFC East? Vote_lcap84%Who Will Win The AFC East? Vote_rcap 84% 
[ 16 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 19

Who Will Win The AFC East? Empty Who Will Win The AFC East?

Post by Derbyblue Sat 17 Aug 2013, 12:35 pm

Pick who you think wins the division.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Who Will Win The AFC East? Empty Re: Who Will Win The AFC East?

Post by crazy_dave23 Sat 17 Aug 2013, 1:22 pm

Still can't see past New England.

Jets will be last whoever their QB is.

I think Buffalo will do okay compared to usual, but I'm still not sold on EJ Manuel for a full year.

Miami are a playoff contender in principle, but I don't think they will make. Probably overpaid this offseason

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney92 Sat 17 Aug 2013, 1:55 pm

Would love to say the Bills, who I think will be second and close to a wildcard spot. The Jets could do well under Smith, but with Sanchez I can't see them winning more than 7 at most. Dolphins have brought a lot of people in but I see the Bills and Pats finishing above them.

Barney92

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Sat 17 Aug 2013, 2:37 pm

Pats, best of a poor bunch

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sat 17 Aug 2013, 6:21 pm

I think Miami will push for a play off spot but I don't quite think they are ready to challenge the Patriots for the divisional title just year. The Patriots have looked pretty good so far in the preseason.

I wouldn't completely rule the Bills out either. EJ Manuel looks like he will step up and beat Kevin Kolb to the starting spot and if they can keep Jackson and Spiller healthly will have a strong running game. They have some talented individuals in defence but they need to start showing it on the field.

The Jets will once again struggle to get the ball past their OLs butts.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Sat 17 Aug 2013, 6:55 pm

Who voted for the Jets? Whistle 

I can't see past the Pats for the division no matter how hard I try. It won't be as convincing or as pretty as the last few years though. They have arguably the best OL in the game and a great run game to go with it. They won't have the same dominance through the air but I think Gronk will make it back to tear up defenses.

The Bills have a lot of promise with a rookie coach and potentially explosive offense. Manuel is a very emotional QB who makes some questionable throws at times. Dareus, Williams and Williams aside, I don't think the defense has much to it and we'll see more spankings like Week 1 vs the Jets.

The Dolphins are supposed to have an all powerful offense too. I like Tannehill but Mike Wallace is never going to be that number 1 guy you can lean on. In Pittsburgh, he was most effective when the play broke down and Roethlisberger found time to get Wallace open. I see some of those qualities in Tannehill but certainly not to the same extent of Roethlisberger and we saw what kind of season Wallace had last year when Big Ben was out/hurt. Keller continues to be an underrated weapon - he'll have an 800 yard season. Their defense seems a bit patchwork in the secondary, although I love Jamar Taylor's game.

I'll limit myself when talking about the Jets or I could be here all day. The OL will be critical this season and looks both good and deep on paper, however played poorly in the first pre-season game (even D'Brick and Mangold). The defense will be top 5 again. If the offense limits tiurnovers, we'll be just fine. 7-9.

Pats
Jets
Dolphins
Bills
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyforger Sat 17 Aug 2013, 9:56 pm

Patriots, with the Bills second. Really can't see the Pats getting anywhere in the postseason though.

Skyforger

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Sun 18 Aug 2013, 5:15 pm

Don't know why just have a feeling the Bills will nick the division
Mainly due to a Pats down year with all there problems
Jets and Dolphins will improve but not by enough
would be surprised if a wild card came from the east
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 18 Aug 2013, 6:39 pm

Anybody voting against Tom Brady and Bill Belichick needs their brains checked
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 18 Aug 2013, 7:45 pm

Tom Brady vs Ryan Tannehill/EJ Manuel/Mark Sanchez.

Toughie
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyforger Mon 19 Aug 2013, 2:20 pm

GSC wrote:Tom Brady vs Ryan Tannehill/EJ Manuel/Mark Sanchez.

Toughie
Until Brady goes down with an injured knee and it becomes Tebow vs Ryan Tannehill/EJ Manuel/Mark Sanchez

Skyforger

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 27 Aug 2013, 7:40 pm

I think it will be a far harder tougher division for the Patriots than they've been used too recently, but providing Brady stays fit I still see New England coming out on top.

Buffalo's defense isn't that special and they aren't faced with an easy season for an unimpressive list of QBs, then again if their line keeps opening holes for Spiller and Jackson that may not be too big of an issue.

I don't think Geno Smith will immediately save New York from their quarterback troubles as they haven't given him any new targets and I don't think Chris Ivory will set the world alight at RB, and I don't know how well they'll cope with the loss of Revis though they were missing him for most of last season.

Miami look to have the potential to be a real threat after their investment though I'm not sure it was all perfectly spent as they don't have in my mind that genuine go to receiver that I would have wanted for my young QB though they Wallace may step up he's got good stats but see that more being down to how he was used as basically solely a deep threat.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_Champion Wed 28 Aug 2013, 3:56 pm

as long as Brady is fit there is only one team that will win this Div the Patriots, the Jets and Bills wont even be close, the Phins have built well but they will need time to Gel as a team maybe a challenge next year

Bob_Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down