The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething

+11
The Special Juan
cherriesfna
nadeem2099
Hero
Bull
Fernando
Marky
FIFA Diva
Trebs
Good Golly I'm Olly
sodhat
15 posters

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething - Page 10 Empty Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething

Post by sodhat Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Event: The great 606v2 meet up extravaganza
Date: Saturday 26 October 2013
Venue: TBC, likely a sports bar
Time: 1900 onwards
Attending: Azzy + Viva + Sodhat + Marky + Nando (maybe), Olly, cherries others TBC

Season 1 Starts this week
Tactics due by 11.59pm on Friday 16th August

Tactics are sent to Olly
Votes are sent to sodhat. Votes must be in by 11:59pm on Monday of the appropriate gameweek.

The Enrique & J from 5ive League

FC WHU Do You Think You Are - Gregers
Bilbao - Afro
Would you dance, if Ajax you to dance? - Sodhat
Southampton FC - Marky
PSV - GSC
Sport Club Corinthians Paulista - Nando                                                                              
                                                                                                                                                                               Top Scorers
Lille - Trebs

Glad t'be bach - Hero

FC Basel - cherriesfna

FC ZwagAtletico - Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

The Nodge - Olly

Fool 'em FC - Azzy

Last edited by sodhat on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:43 pm; edited 3 times in total

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething - Page 10 Empty Re: Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething

Post by Afro Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:48 am

I hope so if they are using him to develop the games
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething - Page 10 Empty Re: Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething

Post by Bull Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:54 am

Played the demo of Madden and have to say it's awful!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:02 pm

Demos are usually poor though Bull. I remember one year I tried to cancel my NHL pre-order with Amazon because the demo was so brutally shocking, but because it had shipped already I couldn't. I then played the game and was blown away.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:04 pm

Madden is fairly poor because EA has the exclusive licence and has no competition
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Though since it's a spots game I won't buy it as I don't buy sports games with my money.

Though the demo was awful at times the players would turn invisible.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething - Page 10 3559488474  Fernando's Fact Of The Day That No One Cares About Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething - Page 10 3559488474 

Over 100m Gareth Bale & Aaron Lennon are not Spurs fastest players

Piece of Cake for who can guess who is fastest over 100m at Spurs cake 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:16 pm

Brad Freidel
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:17 pm

It would be friedel is he was chasing cake.

Kaboul is pretty quick and built like a sprinter?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:17 pm

The early release is a lot better than the demo btw,

Luckily I still had 13 hours remaining from last year
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:20 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:

Kaboul is pretty quick and built like a sprinter?
Have some cake  I had a feeling you'd get it 1st time Laugh 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:22 pm

It is either great judgement or that I remembered reading something similar last year
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Kaboul before his injury, not since Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Kaboul is
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:29 pm

Kaboul is what?

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:35 pm

Anyone tell me what Cleverley actually does?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:37 pm

GSC wrote:Anyone tell me what Cleverley actually does?
There's a vicious rumor that he masquerades as a professional footballer
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Kaboul is what?
The fastest.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:45 pm

GSC wrote:Anyone tell me what Cleverley actually does?
He did have a really good shot yesterday that very nearly made Cech slightly concerned
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:59 pm

Was that the left foot spazzer that troubled the guy in row xx more than Cech? Or did I miss Cleverley's one decent moment of the last three years?

The guy is worthless. United are so lacking in midfield, anyone with half an ounce of calibre would show this upstart his true value to their side.

Cleverley to sign for Cardiff next season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:00 pm

It was the left foot spazzer I think.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:11 pm

Righto. Cech took a split second look at that and watched it sail over t'bar. Pathetic technique from Cleverley, the ball was there to be walloped and he wanted to watch it go in. Scholes would have just drilled that mother trucker, even with his left peg, and watched it either go in, or force Cech into a stop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Like my dad never used to say, make the keeper work
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:20 pm

Who is there realistically out in the market that will improve United alot? I'm not talking about spending 28m on a thug who uses elbows to win the ball
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:22 pm

Fellaini would improve Utd a lot.

A lot
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:23 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:Who is there realistically out in the market that will improve United alot? I'm not talking about spending 28m on a thug who uses elbows to win the ball
Dont bother Viva, its not worth taking the bait.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:23 pm

Mesut Ozil
Angel Di Maria
Gareth Bale
Luka Modric
Marouane Fellaini
Ilkay Gundogan

All would improve United.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:24 pm

Cabaye would improve United a lot
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:24 pm

Ozil will join United.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:25 pm

He will be an improvement but is he 28m worth of improvement? I'm confident that we will finish in the same position in the league with or without Fellaini and I can't see him taking United to a semi or a final in the cup competitions.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:26 pm

Bull wrote:Ozil will join United.

Its like 2010 all over again Laugh

Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:27 pm

Fellaini hasn't started that well. But there are better options than Cleverley available, who wouldn't break the bank.

Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:27 pm

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra wrote:
VivaPaulScholes wrote:Who is there realistically out in the market that will improve United alot? I'm not talking about spending 28m on a thug who uses elbows to win the ball
Dont bother Viva, its not worth taking the bait.
I can tell.

What do you make of yesterday's game? Draw was a fair result but Chelsea came here for a point negative display from them made it difficult for us.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:30 pm

Was a terrible game. United tried, but Chelsea ruined it in terms of entertainment. I suppose though, they achieved a point at Old Trafford, so mission accomplished for them
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:31 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:Cabaye would improve United a lot
I would like Cabaye.

Didnt someone else try wum the other week when I said I would happily take Fellaini at Man United?

Our midfield was a problem last season & we took our league trophy back by 11 points.
Every team has issues.
Chelsea have no striker. At times in the final third yesterday they looked as clueless as we did!
Man City cant defend. Over 90m spent on attacking wealth this summer & they cant out score a newly promoted team. At least last season with a poor midfield we outscored Southampton to win.

It will make for an interesting title race. Surely you want that over one team walking the league with no competition.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:39 pm

Viva, Afro.
Games was a dud.
Didnt understand why Chelsea started with no actual striker. They did start with a more attacking midfield than defensive one but they didnt really threaten us.
We look ok, well fine tbh. Handled what Chelsea tried to throw at us. Vida looked sharp. Rooney did great, maybe a little to try hard at times especially when he could of laid RVP of for a shot. Welbeck wasted the best chance, hes just not a natural finisher. Wasnt keen on the introduction of Giggs, im dying to see Kagawa & its really annoying me. We needed a bit more in the final third, I though Kagawa would of given that so was disapointed not to see him come on.

As I said above, both us & Chelsea looked clueless in the final third. As the match went on in the 2nd half it was clear they were happy to play for the point.
Its early on in the season, no one want to lose that match.
Good result for Chelsea 1 point away at Old Trafford.
I'll even say good result for us, fixture list & our first 5 games if we can get a minimum 10 points from them we will have done alright, 12 points would be my target.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:40 pm

At this rate, Wes Hoolahan would improve United. If they have to go a full season with Carrick being supported by Giggs, Cleverley, Anderson and if-he-ever-gets-fit Fletcher, they cannot win the league. They just can't. Not with Chelsea, Spurs and Citeh all having such incredible squads.

One signing changes all that, be it Fellaini, Modric, Cabaye, Hoolahan, Pogba, Bryan Robson, whoever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:45 pm

Pogba was amazing for Juve at the weekend
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:54 pm

I expect Moyes to have a bid of £15m for Jack Wilshere rejected this week Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Anyone wish to best my lawyer offer of Raffael - £7.5m?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:04 pm

Too much hype at Spurs, they have good players but I still doubt the mentality of the club. If arsenal can get in one good player they'll easily finish above Spurs.

What's everyone having for lunch? I'm going Gregs.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:09 pm

Considering my £7.5m offer for James McCarthy, but only because he's still yet to leave Wigan. Would be a gamble to keep him and hope he moves to Everton/Newcastle like he's supposed to. But equally if he does move his value and rating can only improve.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:10 pm

I'm not high on Spurs like most seem to be, I don't think AVB is actually that good a manager, and from what I've seen so far, they seem to be suffering from Norwich-syndrome in that they're leaving their striker horribly isolated at times
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:23 pm

I'm open to offers on Barzagli and Martinez. Well, in truth, I'm open to offers on everyone!!!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:28 pm

Lousy work IT upgrades mean I only get on here for a bit

United were the better side but Valencia wasted loads of chances to put a testing ball in the box. Young came on and showed that a decent cross would trouble Chelsea, there just weren't enough of them.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:30 pm

I can't understand why he brought on Torres and not Lukaku.

Did Mourinho not see what Lukaku did to Utd's defence on the final day of last season?!!?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:31 pm

I liked the bit where Torres was dribbling but forgot to take the ball.

I was a bit annoyed with myself yesterday. 0-0 was 12/1 and I thought about it but didn't take the plunge.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:31 pm

Terrible rumour was that Mourinho left Mata out and didn't play a striker to show Rooney where he'd fit in at Chelsea. I don't believe for one second that Jose would be stupid enough to throw away two easy points just to potentially sign one overweight mofo.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:35 pm

I get the feeling Mourinho was trying to de-stabilise United and take away a weapon ahead of the match. I don't know if he actually does want to sign him, struck me more as mind games.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:37 pm

I think Oscar, Schurrle, Hazard, Mata, De Bruyne and Willian supporting the striking options of Lukaku, Torres and Ba is more than enough to win the league. Rooney would only complicate matters. I can see Jose Mourinho being a failure at Chelsea, last night's game only added to my suspicions.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:40 pm

Ok for the past three weeks going to lunch there's some guy giving out leaflets, I reject him on the way to lunch so why would I accept the leaflet 5 minutes later on the way back. He knows that I'll never accept so why does he keep bothering me thats 32 times in total including today. How do I stop him shoving a leaflet in my face everyday? I'm sick and tired of saying no thank you.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next