The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will win the AFC South?

+5
NYJ
crazy_dave23
Good Golly I'm Olly
sodhat
Derbyblue
9 posters

Go down

Who will win the AFC South?

Who will win the AFC South? Vote_lcap58%Who will win the AFC South? Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 11 ]
Who will win the AFC South? Vote_lcap42%Who will win the AFC South? Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 8 ]
Who will win the AFC South? Vote_lcap0%Who will win the AFC South? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who will win the AFC South? Vote_lcap0%Who will win the AFC South? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 19

Who will win the AFC South? Empty Who will win the AFC South?

Post by Derbyblue Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:20 pm

Same as usual...

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Who will win the AFC South? Empty Re: Who will win the AFC South?

Post by sodhat Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:37 pm

The Texans will get 12 or 13 wins and then get crushed by a good team in the playoffs. It's not fair that 4 of their games are against Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:13 pm

Hard to look past the Texans for the division, don't see the Colts pulling off a run like they did last year.

Can't see the Texans causing too many headaches for the top teams though, especially as Foster is picking up knocks now
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Simple in my view.

I feel the Colts will slip back a little this year after last years unexpected high.

Jags and Titans aren't in it.

Texans are pretty good and should walk it. Problem for them is playing away in the playoffs!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:43 pm

The Colts offense is the real deal. Their defense will hold them back but I think they are 2-3 years away from being the best team in football.

Titans can be anything from 2-14 to 12-4. I think they'll be somewhere in the middle and be fighting for a wildcard spot. Chris Johnson will benefit from the new improved OL, depth at WR and an underrated defense. Derrick Morgan is a stud. Only problem is QB.

Jags will be poor. Cecil Shorts and Justin Blackmon are just going to be sensational though.

I want to knock the Texans off the top spot but I just can't. DeAndre Hopkins is a shoe in for Offensive Rookie of the Year and is definitely the most NFL ready WR in the 2013 draft class. JJ Watt will continue to dominate plus Ed Reed and the return of Brian Cushing will give the defense some much needed leadership. I agree with what was said above though - never a Superbowl team.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney92 Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:28 pm

Whilst I think Johnson is going to be in the top three in rushing with over 1500 yards I can't see anyone challenging the Texans for the top spot. I'm not impressed by the Colts defence but they could challenge for a wildcard spot with the Titans. The Jaguars will probably be picking near the start of next year's draft yet again, I'd imagine.

Barney92

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:57 am

Agree with most of what has been said on here
Texans will walk away with division
Colts & Titans might contend for wildcard spots
Texans will win 1 playoff game at most IMO then lose on the road
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:41 pm

I've gone for the Indianapolis Colts. They pushed the Texans close last year with a bunch of rookies and will only be better for a year's experience.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:53 pm

I've got to go with Houston, I can see what people are saying about the Colts getting better with a year of experience but they also have to a tougher schedule thanks to doing better last season and I don't really see how the Texans have gotten worse should have the same great defense and ahve added targets to help Schaub.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_Champion Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:00 pm

this is their year to take back their Division Colts but will be close with Texans (Texans will pick up too many injuries to play full year)

Bob_Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down