The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gareth Southgate named England U21 Manager

3 posters

Go down

Gareth Southgate named England U21 Manager Empty Gareth Southgate named England U21 Manager

Post by Crimey Thu 22 Aug 2013, 6:27 pm

http://www.thefa.com/england/mens-under-21s/News/2013/gareth-southgate-appointed-as-u21-head-coach-220813.aspx

He's signed a three year contract with the FA.

I think this is a good appointment, it's always going to be a hard job to sell to a manager as you have a lot of media pressure on you, increasingly so in recent years as there is a lot more interest in youth, while having all your best players nicked by the senior side or get too old. 

Southgate is an underrated manager, he struggled at Middlesbrough at first but was on the verge of rebuilding them when he was unfairly sacked and I think he's young he can be in this job for a long time. Hopefully he will work closely with Hodgson as I think there's no point having the U21s if it isn't going to be closely linked to the full team set up.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gareth Southgate named England U21 Manager Empty Re: Gareth Southgate named England U21 Manager

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 22 Aug 2013, 6:44 pm

Would of rathered one of the Neville brothers. 

But good enough bloke, didn't do well at Middlesbrough but im sure he has a lot in the tank to prove he is a good enough manager.

All the best to him.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Gareth Southgate named England U21 Manager Empty Re: Gareth Southgate named England U21 Manager

Post by Duty281 Thu 22 Aug 2013, 7:16 pm

Good choice. He worked as the FA's head of elite development for a year, so he won't be a novice.

Young manager as well at 42, so this could be a springboard to bigger things for Southgate.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down