The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Favourite Circuit to Drive...

5 posters

Go down

Your Favourite Circuit to Drive...  Empty Your Favourite Circuit to Drive...

Post by Il Gialloblu Sun 25 Aug 2013, 1:55 pm

On the weekend of the Belgian GP, which seems to be many drivers' favourite circuit, I'd like to ask which is/was your favourite circuit to drive around?

I'm guessing that most of the/any answers will be based on video games, but that's cool. That's what I'm going for.

When playing on the PS or Xbox, which circuit do you enjoy the most?

For me, there's only one choice. Interlagos. I was primarily sucked in by the Senna S's but later learned the circuit as a whole, in a way I never did with any of the others. I liked the way it wasn't flat. I liked coming up the hill at the start of the home straight. I liked... all of it, really. I've not played an F1 game for years but, back in the day, Interlagos was the circuit of choice for me.

What about you? And why?
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Your Favourite Circuit to Drive...  Empty Re: Your Favourite Circuit to Drive...

Post by Critical_mass Fri 30 Aug 2013, 1:00 pm

Has to be Spa for me, love it. Eu Rouge is a great corner as it pouon (spell). Love the fast corners of Spa.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Your Favourite Circuit to Drive...  Empty Re: Your Favourite Circuit to Drive...

Post by SteveG Fri 30 Aug 2013, 9:33 pm

Silverstone on F1 2012 (PS3) is good. Mastering Copse, Maggotts and Becketts in succession is a proper challenge but when you get it right (using a wheel, paddles and no aids) then you can't help but grin.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by cosicave Wed 04 Sep 2013, 3:09 am

Nürburgring Nordschliefe. The End.
But no, not quite…

This place still retains the wondrous subtleties of real road racing: something which all GP circuits (yes, unfortunately I include our modern day Spa-Francorchamps), have now lost. I'd recommend a track-day at Germany's finest to anyone who wants a bit of motoring excitement mixed with participation in still accessible motor-racing history.

These days, there is only one other circuit which really compares with my choice. It may be a surprise I'm talking of a place for two wheelers, and motorcyclists will already have guessed I'm talking of the Isle of Man. The other traditional bike circuit: Dundrod, of Ulster GP fame, is also worth a mention but is far easier to learn.

Of today's Grand Prix circuits, in my opinion, Suzuka has edged Spa for more than a decade. I suppose this opinion has formed from a penchant for technical challenges which, to some extent, can allow a driver to offset chassis deficiencies. I do not want to become bogged in a monologue but feel I should emphasise that due to the onward march of aerodynamics, the Belgian circuit is no longer quite the daunting challenge it once was, whilst Suzuka presents a methodical challenge less easily overcome through set-up (or for that matter, a G.Villeneuve-esque 'loose screw'!).
- - -o0o- - -

P.S. Whilst acknowledging giant leaps in safety which now preserve most toward healthy retirement, I cannot help reminiscing about the 'real' GP tracks of yesteryear. Of course, this coincided with a different perspective on life and mortality, not lease stemming from mankind's semi-permanent association with warfare. And although not old enough to remember, I'll acknowledge that my choice may be partly due to age. So it is with mixed emotion that I hereby claim advantage over Gilles (and others made in a similar mold…).

Wink
cosicave
cosicave

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 12 Sep 2013, 2:15 pm

Probably Singapore. Flows nicely to me.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down