The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Episode of your Favourite shows?

+19
dummy_half
Stella
Hulking_up
Duty281
superflyweight
Adam D
The Womble
Crimey
hornbloweroafc
JuliusHMarx
The Boss
Mind the windows Tino.
westisbest
Galted
rIck_dAgless
Rowley
Dr Gregory House MD
Dolphin Ziggler
hbk48942
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Favourite Episode of your Favourite shows?  Empty Favourite Episode of your Favourite shows?

Post by hbk48942 Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:51 am

simple , out of the shows you like , which episodes have you liked the most?

for me

Waterloo Road - Series 7 Episode 6 - when Sam died , great acting and a great story behind it.

Friends - either the last episode or the one where Rachel gives birth.

Family Guy - when Brian and Stewie get locked into a vault together.

Big Ban Theory - when Howard and Bernadette get married.

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

Favourite Episode of your Favourite shows?  Empty Re: Favourite Episode of your Favourite shows?

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:23 am

Really hard.

Red Dwarf is the only one i can pinpoint any specifics. Probably "Back to Reality" in Series Five where they believe they have been in fact playing a computer game of their lives rather than living them. "Quarantine" and "Out of Time" and "Meltdown" are all very good too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Favourite Episode of your Favourite shows?  Empty Re: Favourite Episode of your Favourite shows?

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:55 am

Six Feet Under- Either 'That's my Dog' Series 4 Ep 5 or 'Everyone's Waiting' the finalie, both are the are two of the only episodes of TV to move me to tears, terrific TV

Dr Who- For the revived series, The Eleventh Hour or The Time of Angels, Matt Smith is defiantly my doctor

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:57 am

There is an episode of the Sopranos where they do an intervention on Christopher over his drug use. Can't remember the series or number but that is my favourite

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:42 am

Red Dwarf - Gunmen of the Apocalypse
Grimm - Final Episode of Season 1
Sherlock - final episode of season 2
Family Guy - Road to the Multiverse

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:18 am

Simpsons - the Flaming Moe
Married with Children - Santa falls to his death in the Bundy's backyard and Al has to pose as him
South Park - Cartman cooks Scott's parents
Young Ones - University Challenge
Only Fools - Batman & Robin
Cheers - beards

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:38 am

Only fools - lads weekend away.

Drop the dead donkey - the awards night.

Friends - Episode with Alec Baldwin(best guest star imo).

Then you have shows like Strike Back(Project Dawn & Vengence).
Prison Break
Loved every episode

Lost, series 1,2,3,4.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:38 am

Alan Partridge - When the Inland Revenue ladies come round in series 2.

The Office -  Series 1 with the guitar

Phoenix Nights - With the giant inflatable pen!s

Strictly Come Dancing - Mark Ramprakash's Argentine Tango

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart -  When he tears strips of Fox News's Republican nutcase, Sean Hannity

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:39 am

The Walking Dead - When the barn burns at the end of series 2

GoT - The Red Wedding

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:45 am

Scrubs- The steak night episode. Emotional and funny

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:51 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Alan Partridge - When the Inland Revenue ladies come round in series 2.

The Office -  Series 1 with the guitar

Phoenix Nights - With the giant inflatable pen!s

Strictly Come Dancing - Mark Ramprakash's Argentine Tango

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart -  When he tears strips of Fox News's Republican nutcase, Sean Hannity
Forgot about The Office & Alan Partridge.

Favourite Partridge is when he impales his foot on the fence.

Would go along with the guitar episode of The Office but the one with David Brent's motivational presentation deserves mentioning.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:56 am

Galted wrote:

That is genuinely my second favourite. "Lynne, I've put my foot on a spiiiiike".

That is the one with the Saffer as well when Partridge has a conference table made out of an old toilet door and a light made of black and decker torches. Such a good episode.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:57 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:

That is genuinely my second favourite.  "Lynne, I've put my foot on a spiiiiike".  

That is the one with the Saffer as well when Partridge has a conference table made out of an old toilet door and a light made of black and decker torches.  Such a good episode.
The tomato line nearly made my sofa unusable for a few hours.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:01 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

That is genuinely my second favourite.  "Lynne, I've put my foot on a spiiiiike".  

That is the one with the Saffer as well when Partridge has a conference table made out of an old toilet door and a light made of black and decker torches.  Such a good episode.
Yeah, ever since that episode I have to say pyrotechnics in a South African accent. It's impossible not to.

Saffer: "You can't"
Partridge (all indignant): "You can't say that!"
Saffer: "No, Alan. You can't"
Partridge (even more indignant): "You said it again!".

Laugh 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:09 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Yeah, ever since that episode I have to say pyrotechnics in a South African accent.  It's impossible not to.

Saffer: "You can't"
Partridge (all indignant): "You can't say that!"
Saffer: "No, Alan.  You can't"
Partridge (even more indignant): "You said it again!".

Laugh 
"pyrotechnics" is a step above the normal "diplomatic immunity" cringefest/borefest

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:12 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Really hard.

Red Dwarf is the only one i can pinpoint any specifics. Probably "Back to Reality" in Series Five where they believe they have been in fact playing a computer game of their lives rather than living them. "Quarantine" and "Out of Time" and "Meltdown" are all very good too.
Good episode but 'Backwards' from series 3 is a stand out for me, as is 'Better Than Life' from series 2. Love those 2 episodes.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:16 am

Red Dwarf - Backwards
Only Fools - Mother Natures Son
Cheers - A Good Ole Fashioned Wedding - Woody and Kelly get married
Frasier - A Tsar is born or Travels With Martin
Inbetweeners - Thorpe Park episode
The Simpsons - The one where Homer is the baseball mascot for Capitol City or the one where Homer gives up Church (Homer The Heretic)
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:17 am

westisbest wrote:Only fools - lads weekend away.

Drop the dead donkey - the awards night.

Friends - Episode with Alec Baldwin(best guest star imo).

Then you have shows like Strike Back(Project Dawn & Vengence).
Prison Break
Loved every episode

Lost, series 1,2,3,4.
thumbsup Yes!! Brilliant show and brilliant episode.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:27 am

Moonlighting - The Dream Sequence Always Rings Twice; Father Knows Last
Miami Vice - Out Where The Buses Don't Run
Magnum PI - Home from the Sea; Did You See the Sunrise?
Star Trek - The City on the Edge of Forever
Six Million Dollar Man - The Coward
MASH - Goodbye, Farewell and Amen

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:08 am

Game of Thrones - The Rains of Castamere
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:19 am

hornbloweroafc wrote:Game of Thrones - The Rains of Castamere
I didn't get the shock value as I only saw the episode a few days after it was aired as sky + didn't record it due to the gap week - the day before I saw it I was scrolling through the Daily Mail looking for angry articles and I saw a still taken right at the start of the climax to the episode which made it pretty obvious what happened.  Serves me right for going onto the DM website.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:43 am

FAMILY GUY - the scene where Peter is talking to Chris and tries throwing a frog through the window, misses and spends ages trying to scrape it up the wall and out. Dunno why but it cracks me up every time.

THE CLEVELAND SHOW - Cleveland first meets his new neighbour
"Aarghh, a bear!"
"Aarghh, a black guy. See? Not nice is it?"

PARTRIDGE - where he's shameless promoting "Schprunt" and getting all excited about the arrival of "Hot Pants" only to discover they're a troupe of gay men.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:00 am

Doctor Who - The Girl Who Waited

Heroes - .07%

Misfits - Christmas Special

Black Mirror - 15 Million Merits

Peep Show - The Wedding one

Sherlock - Reichenbach Fall

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:06 am

Crimey wrote:

Peep Show's another good call, one of those shows I enjoy but always forget about. The Xmas episode is my particular favourite, the one where Jeremy pretends he hasn't bought a turkey, had to pause it after that scene until the crying stopped.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:15 am

Galted wrote:
Crimey wrote:

Peep Show's another good call, one of those shows I enjoy but always forget about.  The Xmas episode is my particular favourite, the one where Jeremy pretends he hasn't bought a turkey, had to pause it after that scene until the crying stopped.
For me it's where Jez is literally pi$$ing himself in Church, where Mark gets the s**ts after Jez gives him too much cold medicine or the one where Jez takes a bite out of the burnt dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:16 am

Galted wrote:
Crimey wrote:

Peep Show's another good call, one of those shows I enjoy but always forget about.  The Xmas episode is my particular favourite, the one where Jeremy pretends he hasn't bought a turkey, had to pause it after that scene until the crying stopped.
Yeah I did put Wedding and Christmas one at first, but decided to settle on the Wedding. The "Christmas joke" is my favourite Peep Show scene though. I think the Stag Do episode is also excellent where they end up eating half-cooked dog.

Peep Show is easily the best sitcom on TV for me.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:20 am

Men Behaving badly - when they go to a rave and gary spews on the camera

Frasier - Where Niles and Daphne dance the tango

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:25 am

DAVE667 wrote:Men Behaving badly  -  when they go to a rave and gary spews on the camera

Frasier - where he's dating a supermodel and no-one believes him. If you've seen it you'll know why "So, what do you think of me now?" is quite possible the funniest line in the history of television.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:32 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Men Behaving badly  -  when they go to a rave and gary spews on the camera

Frasier - where he's dating a supermodel and no-one believes him. If you've seen it you'll know why "So, what do you think of me now?" is quite possible the funniest line in the history of television.
That's when he has taken a photo of her asleep to prove who she is then she comes back in to get the camera isn't it? He acts all smug once they have finally seen her. Love that episode.

I like the bit at the beginning when he is on the plane and he sits next to that blonde woman thinking he's pulled then she introduces her husband!!
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:41 am

The Womble wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

That's when he has taken a photo of her asleep to prove who she is then she comes back in to get the camera isn't it? He acts all smug once they have finally seen her. Love that episode.

I like the bit at the beginning when he is on the plane and he sits next to that blonde woman thinking he's pulled then she introduces her husband!!
I like the one where he's been leaving messages for some woman, realises he's too keen and plays them back asking his brother if they sound ok
"There's perhaps a whiff of desperation"
*Two messages later*
"How quickly a whiff becomes a stench"

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:43 am

DAVE667 wrote:
The Womble wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

I like the one where he's been leaving messages for some woman, realises he's too keen and plays them back asking his brother if they sound ok
"There's perhaps a whiff of desperation"
*Two messages later*
"How quickly a whiff becomes a stench"
Laugh Yeh I like that one. I was watching the episode where Woody comes to visit him last night. Love Woody.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:49 am

"What do you think of me now?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgeIjWb4mV0

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:53 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:"What do you think of me now?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgeIjWb4mV0

Laugh 
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:58 am

I love the Ski lodge episode of Frasier where they all fancy each other and are going in and out of the rooms.

Old school slapstick at its best.

My favourite line from Frasier (hard to narrow down though) is where he is composing his own jingle with a full orchestra:

Niles: have you ever heard of the saying "less is more"?
Frasier: Yes but if less is more, then just think how much more, more is!

genius!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:01 pm

Adam D wrote:I love the Ski lodge episode of Frasier where they all fancy each other and are going in and out of the rooms.

Old school slapstick at its best.

My favourite line from Frasier (hard to narrow down though) is where he is composing his own jingle with a full orchestra:

Niles: have you ever heard of the saying "less is more"?
Frasier: Yes but if less is more, then just think how much more, more is!

genius!
Totally agree, very very clever whilst also remaining very funny. Also liked the episode with Daphne and Niles alone in his house during a storm and Frasier going spare trying to stop them getting together

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:04 pm

I love Frasier!

Love the episode where Daphne pretends Niles is her husband when her ex-fiancee arrives.

When asked what he used to do, Marty says "I was an Astronaut!" Laugh
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:13 pm

Another really great episode of Frasier is where he is trying to put on a radio play - once again, farce at its best.

that was the great thing about Frasier - it could be really high brow at times but also be very slapstic/ farcical.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:20 pm

Adam D wrote:Another really great episode of Frasier is where he is trying to put on a radio play - once again, farce at its best.

that was the great thing about Frasier - it could be really high brow at times but also be very slapstic/ farcical.
Ham Radio. Love that episode!! When Niles goes off on a tangent at the end and kills all the characters.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:22 pm

The Womble wrote:
Adam D wrote:Another really great episode of Frasier is where he is trying to put on a radio play - once again, farce at its best.

Ham Radio. Love that episode!! When Niles goes off on a tangent at the end and kills all the characters.
Frasier: (in a spooky voice) Nightmare Inn.
Martin: Oh, don't tell me, I know. A bunch of people get caught in a storm and everyone's wondering who's gonna be the first one murdered.
Frasier: Exactly. And I'm going to direct.
Niles: So we can stop wondering.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Roz and Frasier are acting in a live performance of a radio drama.]
Roz: "There's someone outside that window!"
Frasier: "Why, yes, Ms. Thorndyke, it appears to be"...[cues organ music, but calliope music plays instead]... the ice cream truck!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Adam D wrote:
The Womble wrote:

Frasier: (in a spooky voice) Nightmare Inn.
Martin: Oh, don't tell me, I know. A bunch of people get caught in a storm and everyone's wondering who's gonna be the first one murdered.
Frasier: Exactly. And I'm going to direct.
Niles: So we can stop wondering.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Roz and Frasier are acting in a live performance of a radio drama.]
Roz: "There's someone outside that window!"
Frasier: "Why, yes, Ms. Thorndyke, it appears to be"...[cues organ music, but calliope music plays instead]... the ice cream truck!
Laugh 

Bulldog brings his dyslectic girlfriend to be in the play. "Look out, he's got a nug"!!

The other farcical episode i like is when Frasiers girlfriend brings her mother round and they all have to pretend to be Jewish. They then catch Niles in the bathroom dressed as Jesus
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by hbk48942 Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:58 pm

i really liked the episode of Family Guy when Brian and Stewie were locked into a vault and it was a two hander episode , it was just great to see them be so open with each other.

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:18 pm

The final episode of The Wire - the musical montage at the end where you see characters start to repeat the history of the previous 5 years.

The Sopranos - the Pine Barrens - Chris and Paulie Walnuts stuck in the forest - genius!

Alan Partridge - either the one where he pisses off the farmers or the one with the stalker and "dere's more to Oireland dan dis".

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:49 pm

Good idea for a thread.

Steptoe and Son - Oh What a Beautiful Mourning
Fawlty Towers - Basil the Rat
Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads - The Ant and the Grasshopper
Peep Show - The wedding episode
Love Thy Neighbour - Don't really have a favourite episode, in truth.
The Simpsons - Last Exit to Springfield
Ashes to Ashes - Series 3 Episode 6 (the prison break)
Life On Mars - The Conclusion

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:02 pm

Buffy - When Angel kills Jenny.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:29 am

Fools & Horses - Beano To Margate

Auf Wiedersehen Pet - Private Lives - (Barry at his best)

Fawlty Towers - The Psychiatrist

The Office - Christmas Episode - part two
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:00 pm

Bottom - "Accident" Eddie drunkenly rantly at Walter the Emmerdale extra

Eddie "That's him, that's the one, b*****d, I hate him."

Dave Hedgehog "Who?"

Eddie "The extra. He never says anything he just drinks all day. Look at him, look, he's gonna buy another drink."

Hedgehog "Is that his own money?"

Eddie "No, no. They fill his pockets full of change, push him into the Woolpack and shout 'Go on mate, drink as much as you like.Then at closing time, the give him wage packet....LUCKY B4$T4RD!!!!"

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:10 pm

The West Wing. Picking one episode from any of the first three series is difficult, but 'In Excelsio Dio' and 'Two Cathedrals' were both outstanding.

Band of Brothers - A thoroughly excellent series, but probably reaches its peak at episodes 6 (Bastogne) and 7 (The Breaking Point)

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:17 pm

dummy_half wrote:

Band of Brothers - A thoroughly excellent series, but probably reaches its peak at episodes 6 (Bastogne) and 7 (The Breaking Point)
Was a great series, personal favourites were Day of Days & Crossroads. Enjoyed it the first time I watched it but hated the last two episodes saying how far-fetched they were then discovered that it's based on first hand accounts of Easy Company.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:29 pm

Galted wrote:
dummy_half wrote:

Was a great series, personal favourites were Day of Days & Crossroads. Enjoyed it the first time I watched it but hated the last two episodes saying how far-fetched they were then discovered that it's based on first hand accounts of Easy Company.
Nearly listed Day of Days as a favourite as well, but since there were only 10 episodes, listing 3 would have been too much. To be honest, you could basically pick any from episodes 2 to 8 as the highlights. First episode, focussing on training and the run up to D Day felt almost like a pilot episode from other series, being used to introduce the characters, while the last episode was just a bit 'after the Lord Mayor's show' and an excuse for some location filming round the Alps. Episode 9, where they discovered the concentration camp is a bit of a curious one - agree that if it had not been based on real events it would have felt way too far fetched, but I also struggled with the portrayal of the Germans as such an apathetically beaten enemy.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:18 pm

Friday Night Lights-The Son

The best episode of a brilliant 5 series.

I also like The Newsroom episode that takes part of the film Rudy, such as the jersey scene, but applies it to their situation. Really enjoyed that.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next