The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hearn blasts the Heavies

+2
STC
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
6 posters

Go down

Hearn blasts the Heavies Empty Hearn blasts the Heavies

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:16 am

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/8892625/eddie-hearn-sees-anthony-joshua-fighting-for-the-british-title-in-12-months

Funniest Quote:

"There just aren't the opponents out there. How they are filling out arenas for these fights I don't know, they put on great shows but in time the winner of Haye vs Fury makes sense."

Yea, Joshua hasn't even had one fight, Hearn states he will be fighting for a British title by the end of 2014......yet wants the winner of Fury vs Haye.

Good one Eddie!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Hearn blasts the Heavies Empty Re: Hearn blasts the Heavies

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:19 am

Really don't think Joshua is the guy to bring any credibility back to the HW division. I've seen enough of him to recognise he has some flaws that should have been ironed out by now. I hope he gets a real no-nonsense trainer who is interested in furthering the lads career as opposed to simply signing up a for decent pay cheque

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:22 am

Hearn said in an interview with iFilm a few months ago that he would never sign a Heavyweight as the division is dire.

But then again, Scott Quigg needs Carl Frampton, Carl Frampton doesn't need Scott Quigg....Now its the other way around.

Hearn makes Khan sound like a genius sometimes when hes interviewed.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:25 am

All Hearn is doing is working on the assumption that
A/ No-one's really listening to what he says
B/ People are generally quite forgetful
C/ I had it but it's gone again...oh yeah, the majority of fans are stupid and will go for any old guff if it's packaged correctly. I like that Audley fella!

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:35 am

Hearn is a promoter. It's his job to promote his fighters, not to tell the truth.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:36 am

The majority of fans are stupid.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:43 am

As with the Quigg thread some weeks ago I have to ask what are we expecting Hearn to say. “Think I have another Audley on my hands here but will milk Joshua until the fans wake up and smell the coffee” As STC has said he is a promoter, it is his job to shift tickets and make us believe Joshua is a guy we can finally get excited about in the heavyweight division.

However I am outraged about his comments about Haye and Fury, you could almost be fooled into thinking he had a vested interest in how many PPV’s the fight sells.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:50 am

God i cant believe its a month today until Fury gets retired. So excited.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 12:10 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:God i cant believe its a month today until Fury gets retired. So excited.
or it's a month until the stars are aligned and the prophecy comes true!

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 28 Aug 2013, 12:45 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:God i cant believe its a month today until Fury gets retired. So excited.
Or a month until Winchester comes back on the board and points out how wrong we all are and how this is proof positive that Wlad is ducking the best in the division and fighting sparring partners.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 28 Aug 2013, 12:49 pm

bhb001 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Or a month until Winchester comes back on the board and points out how wrong we all are and how this is proof positive that Wlad is ducking the best in the division and fighting sparring partners.
Might not want to hold your breath for that one happening.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 28 Aug 2013, 1:00 pm

Rowley wrote:
bhb001 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Might not want to hold your breath for that one happening.
Is that because you've banned him or the outrageous suggestion that Fury may actually win (and I agree, it really is in the realms of fantasy!!))?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 28 Aug 2013, 1:02 pm

No, because he annoyed me. Am basically trimming the place down. Will not be happy until there is just me on here talking to myself about Charley Burley.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed 28 Aug 2013, 1:58 pm

Damn, you're a mean, old SOB these days, Jeff.

You used to be so warm and cuddly.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu 29 Aug 2013, 9:37 am

STC wrote:The majority of fans are stupid.
Exactly this. Well, not exactly. The majority of fans are stupid about boxing. This is a promoter speaking to the casual fan / possible fan masses. To them, a big gold medalist's name being thrown in with a massive, loud gypsy with a name like 'Tyson Fury', and a relatively famous - even outside boxing - David Haye may be the sort of thing that gets them interested. My casual boxing fan friends have already talked to me about the Haye-Fury fight, whereas any number of other great fights have went unmentioned. Hearn is promoting to those guys, not the guys like us who discuss boxing at length almost every day.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu 29 Aug 2013, 9:42 am

I know. I wonder what his new angle will be once he gets KO'd by Haye (I feel 99% sure this will happen). He can't be going around giving the whole "I'm the best in the world" talk after that. My guess is that his new thing will be in line with the gypsy fighting honour code i.e. "I'm a fighting man, and I'll fight anyone. He was the better man tonight, etc, etc". He's going to become a gatekeeper imo.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down