The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britian has the most exciting heavies...

4 posters

Go down

Britian has the most exciting heavies... Empty Britian has the most exciting heavies...

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 17 Oct 2013, 8:04 pm

in the WORLD imo.

When you take a look at the British heavyweight scene as it is today you can't help but think that in 3 or 4 years time Britian will resemble USA in the early 90's with great talent shining through. A lot of people like Az slate British heavies at the moment but in the division itself we are making the most noise.

With Price, Fury, Chisora, and Joshua I see the title being decided between them with Wilder as the only real obstacle in the way. Should Fury beat Haye then he will be in pole position to take on Wlad. Wlad will be fav to win but 90% of his tactics (grab) will be uneffective against Fury. Price will come back better then ever no doubt about it and he has what it takes to become a real contender, Joshua really impressed me and should be managed correctly and of course Chisora will be knocking around the future does look bright for British heavies.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Britian has the most exciting heavies... Empty Re: Britian has the most exciting heavies...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Oct 2013, 8:38 pm

The consensus has Haye wiping Fury out (I agree though I believe it will be harder than people think)........But Chisora and Price...........Do me a favor........

Joshua and Hughie are the best hopes........But it's too early to tell about them.....

So I disagree...........I think you have the most exciting heavies NOW.......But in three years you probably won't...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Britian has the most exciting heavies... Empty Re: Britian has the most exciting heavies...

Post by huw Fri 18 Oct 2013, 9:48 am

Hard to gauge where any of these guys will be in three years and also hard to see who else will be on the horizon.

We may have a couple of heavyweight champions which would be a great achievement on paper but can't see Price getting to the top now. Just think he needs to much time to rebuild and Audley's drawing board seems to have been scrapped so he can't borrow that.

Fury (Tyson) will probably get a title, Chisora will be a gatekeeper of sorts managing the odd good win but never doing enough for a title. Joshua and Hughie are too green to think of as yet although they look good so far (as did Price).

Haye is probably still young enough to be in with a shout in a couple of years.

Think Wilder could come good but can't understand why he isn't fighting anyone of note and feel judgement on him should be left until he has had a decent level fighter on his record.

Think it will be exciting times though with the belt(s) changing hands a fair bit though.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Fri 18 Oct 2013, 10:03 am

huw wrote:

Think Wilder could come good but can't understand why he isn't fighting anyone of note

Treading water in my opinion until one or both K-Bros retire then the next rung down can swoop in, take a belt each. With them holding the WBO, WBC, IBO, IBF & WBA belts between them there's more than enough to share between them all and then they can all lay claim to being the "world champion" Rolling Eyes 

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 18 Oct 2013, 10:05 am

Wilder's handlers are being fairly transparent.......Which is why I'm surprised at Haye vs Fury..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 18 Oct 2013, 10:12 am

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake wrote:
huw wrote:

Think Wilder could come good but can't understand why he isn't fighting anyone of note

Treading water in my opinion until one or both K-Bros retire then the next rung down can swoop in, take a belt each. With them holding the WBO, WBC, IBO, IBF & WBA belts between them there's more than enough to share between them all and then they can all lay claim to being the "world champion" Rolling Eyes 
Whilst this makes sense the level he is fighting at is so low you have to wonder who they'll put him in against to win a title as he hasn't even fought anyone near the level of those that will be in the mix?

Maybe they have a deal in place where he'll get a chance against former challenger Danny Williams for a vacant belt or something equally ridiculous.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 18 Oct 2013, 10:13 am

Didn't do Bruno any harm.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 18 Oct 2013, 10:20 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Didn't do Bruno any harm.........
Bruno did fight some decent guys though, by the time he had 30 fights he was up against the likes of Witherspoon and Tyson, world level operators.

Wilder has his 30th fight coming up.

Lets see who he has next....

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 18 Oct 2013, 10:23 am

When he fought for world titles !!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 18 Oct 2013, 10:32 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:When he fought for world titles !!!
Agreed, but can you see Wilder fighting for a world title in the next 2-3 fights? If not that would put him behind Bruno as far as progress goes and as you're using Bruno as a almost jokey comparison the fact Wilder is moving slower and easier than he did is surely a bad sign.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 18 Oct 2013, 10:34 am

No because he's waiting out the Klits........

he's an unbeaten American heavy and a commodity............We haven't got many at heavy... so like your Frank who made the mistake of thinking Bonecrusher was a patsy!! (bonecrusher who'd lost to the god-awful James Broad)........and thought never again...

He'll win or lose for BIG MONEY !! When the time comes........

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 18 Oct 2013, 10:36 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Fri 18 Oct 2013, 10:42 am

huw wrote:
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake wrote:
huw wrote:

Whilst this makes sense the level he is fighting at is so low you have to wonder who they'll put him in against to win a title as he hasn't even fought anyone near the level of those that will be in the mix?

Maybe they have a deal in place where he'll get a chance against former challenger Danny Williams for a vacant belt or something equally ridiculous.
When you see what happened to Price and how damaging a loss is to your profile (which is horse manure in my opinion) the treading water approach makes sense. Get in tight with a sanctioning body, wait out K-Bros retiring (I simply can't see them ever losing their titles in the ring) then fight for a belt against some random no mark like the Danny Williams of this world then proclaim yourself heavyweight champ and dodge the rest of the top contenders who will all have picked up a belt too. I'm right in thinking that sanctioning bodies don't recognise other belt holders in their rankings therefore a "champ" would never have to fight any of them as his mandatory. It's all a joke.

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 18 Oct 2013, 10:54 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No because he's waiting out the Klits........

he's an unbeaten American heavy and a commodity............We haven't got many at heavy... so like your Frank who made the mistake of thinking Bonecrusher was a patsy!! (bonecrusher who'd lost to the god-awful James Broad)........and thought never again...

He'll win or lose for BIG MONEY !! When the time comes........
This makes financial sense for the boxer but a joke of boxing.

I guess the heavies is such a poor division that you can't blame them.

One thing, he was never 'my Frank' I liked him as a personality but then I liked Ali as a personality. Have never really felt huge national pride from watching boxing and will support boxers who I like because of many reasons, rarely having anything to do with national pride.

Though for me national pride is a strange thing, probably the people with the most national pride in this country are the likes of the EDL, BNP or UKIP. I have no interest in being anything like any of these people as we have very different viewpoints.

For me people are generally individuals regardless of where they come from.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 18 Oct 2013, 10:58 am

When has it ever been different over the last 35 years...........

Who did David Bey beat, Tubbs, Page, Weaver, Witherspoon, Williams, Bruno, Holmes,Thomas, Lewis, Bowe, Haye, Chisora..........who did they beat pre-title........

No joke........just the norm.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down