The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lote Tuquiri to Leinster

+4
The Saint
Coleman
Jenifer McLadyboy
formerly known as Sam
8 posters

Go down

Lote Tuquiri to Leinster Empty Lote Tuquiri to Leinster

Post by Guest Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:32 pm

...as short term contract cover for Zane Kirchner who will not arrive 'til October.

Any idea how he's been playing lately? At his peak he was a superb player. If he's still there or thereabouts it would be a great signing. However, for 3 months (apparenetly) I wonder if there's other options that could have been explored 'locally' (either in the province or the rest of Ireland)? I'm hand on heart not trying to start an overseas player argument as I'm all for them as long as they don't break self imposed overseas player quotas, but just wondered if it's worth it for 3 months as he'll need time to 'bed in'. Any young prospects that could have been promoted?

Back to top Go down

Lote Tuquiri to Leinster Empty Re: Lote Tuquiri to Leinster

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:48 pm

Lucky feckers. He's quality, or was for us anyway. I'd have taken him over Camacho if we hadn't signed him as wing cover.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Couple of points.

1 He is not coming JUST because of Kirchner's late arival. Also to do with Eoin O'Malley retiring, which means Fitz and McFadden will see more time at 13 where we are now quite thin.

2 We have already promoted Daren hudson from the academy. He played on Friday in PYS. We have 3 more wingers in the academy too. In various states of readyness to step up. possibly the most promising of them has only just joined the academy

Plus the other winger from Friday Darragh Fanning. Big red haired lad. Bit of a late bloomer.

Will Lote impede any of these? Possibly a little, but he will more than make up for it in what he will teach them and how he will inspier them.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:23 pm

Sorry McLadyboy, just going on the article I read in the Irish times. They said he's 3 month cover for Kirchner. If he's there for more reasons than that then I'd expect the contract to be longer than 3 months? Unless it's a trial?

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/leinster-to-sign-lote-tuqiri-on-short-term-deal-1.1521197

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:33 pm

Are you guys sure it's not the Japanese Utility Back?

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:09 pm

There's only one Lote Tuqiri.

Just listening to it on the sports news here in the gym.

Sorry Griff. Hope I didn't come over as touchy there. You are correct that it is being sold as Kirchner's late arrival.

We were a little short there anyway. O'Malley and Kirchner just pushed it over the edge.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:19 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:There's only one Lote Tuqiri.

Just listening to it on the sports news here in the gym.

Sorry Griff. Hope I didn't come over as touchy there. You are correct that it is being sold as Kirchner's late arrival.

We were a little short there anyway. O'Malley and Kirchner just pushed it over the edge.
No worries! Hug  Will good to see him in the Rabo. Can see him causing a lot of teams a lot of trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Lote Tuquiri to Leinster 192143

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lote_Tuqiri_%28Japanese_rugby_union_player%29

Lote Tuqiri. Crying or Very sad 

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Marquee signing. The Dubliners will turn up in droves (more-so than usual) to see him in Blue. Good player but will take money and walk away, like Elsom did (he originally stated he would return to Leinster after some more playing in Australia).

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:48 pm

Coleman wrote:Lote Tuquiri to Leinster 192143

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lote_Tuqiri_%28Japanese_rugby_union_player%29

Lote Tuqiri. Crying or Very sad 
Even though that one is his cousin... There's still only one Lote Tuqiri!

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:09 pm

He heard Shane is no longer in the Celtic League so he plucked up the courage to come and play here.
Brace yourself for Stuart Barnes gushing all over him in the commentary box.

DeludedOptimistorjustDave

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Leinster is like the free bus pass for pensioners...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:42 pm

The Saint wrote:Marquee signing. The Dubliners will turn up in droves (more-so than usual) to see him in Blue. Good player but will take money and walk away, like Elsom did (he originally stated he would return to Leinster after some more playing in Australia).
In fairness injury ruined any chance of that ever happening and our strength in depth in the backrow meant we wouldn't have wasted a NIQ spot on him.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:45 pm

ME-109 wrote:Leinster is like the free bus pass for pensioners...
More like a coffee morning with free cups sponsored by various companies (Rabo,Amlin,Heineken). Yahoo 

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:21 pm

The Saint wrote:Marquee signing. The Dubliners will turn up in droves (more-so than usual) to see him in Blue. Good player but will take money and walk away, like Elsom did (he originally stated he would return to Leinster after some more playing in Australia).
A seasoned vet being asked to cover a couple of problem positions on a short term basis due to injury (O'Malley) and international call ups (Kirchener).  I wouldn't exactly put him in Elsom's mold for the time of career that he came to Leinster.

In fairness for Elsom, non-rugby circumstances required him to increase his paycheck in order to cover debts elsewhere as I understand.  I believe he would have said when he was leaving that 'if' he was to return to Europe again after playing for Australia, then Leinster would be his preferred choice as he was treated so well during his time over here.  I think all of the Irish provinces tend to have quite a decent reputation and feedback as locations to play rugby for players thinking of coming to Europe (but maybe that is my on delusion).

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:09 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:
A seasoned vet being asked to cover a couple of problem positions on a short term basis due to injury (O'Malley) and international call ups (Kirchener).  I wouldn't exactly put him in Elsom's mold for the time of career that he came to Leinster.

In fairness for Elsom, non-rugby circumstances required him to increase his paycheck in order to cover debts elsewhere as I understand.  I believe he would have said when he was leaving that 'if' he was to return to Europe again after playing for Australia, then Leinster would be his preferred choice as he was treated so well during his time over here.  I think all of the Irish provinces tend to have quite a decent reputation and feedback as locations to play rugby for players thinking of coming to Europe (but maybe that is my on delusion).
I think you're correct. Money would be a respectable amount, it's a lovely country and the players coming in will believe they have a chance to get a HEC medal. It's probably just behind some parts of France for 'desired locations to play at in Europe.' Though players will mostly go there for the money and lifestyle.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down