The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye/ Fury - 2 poll extravaganza!

+10
Qoxiivi
ShahenshahG
Rowley
armchairwarrior
Strongback
seanmichaels
bhb001
RatBoy66
mobilemaster8
Adam D
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who do you want/ think will win?

Haye/ Fury - 2 poll extravaganza! - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Haye/ Fury - 2 poll extravaganza! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 23 ]
Haye/ Fury - 2 poll extravaganza! - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Haye/ Fury - 2 poll extravaganza! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 12 ]
Haye/ Fury - 2 poll extravaganza! - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Haye/ Fury - 2 poll extravaganza! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
Haye/ Fury - 2 poll extravaganza! - Page 2 Vote_lcap45%Haye/ Fury - 2 poll extravaganza! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 35 ]
Haye/ Fury - 2 poll extravaganza! - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Haye/ Fury - 2 poll extravaganza! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 77

Haye/ Fury - 2 poll extravaganza! - Page 2 Empty Haye/ Fury - 2 poll extravaganza!

Post by Adam D Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Very simple poll that I asked about on the podcast last night.

Who do you want to win this fight and who do you think will win?

Lets get a poll going!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Haye/ Fury - 2 poll extravaganza! - Page 2 Empty Re: Haye/ Fury - 2 poll extravaganza!

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Sep 2013, 4:46 pm

Whilst I think bottled it is coming it a bit strong there is a nub of truth to Truss’ criticism. Rightly or wrongly in life we will tend to be judged by the standards we set ourselves through our own words and in the run up to this fight Haye was more than vocal about how he was going to knock Wlad out. He was also equally as vocal and loud in deriding and mocking the efforts and timidity of many of Wlad’s previous challengers such as Chambers and countless others.

Now given all this pre fight talk think it was reasonable for people to expect that even in defeat he would go out on his shield or at least throw caution to the wind at the point it was clear plan A was falling woefully short of what was required. He did not do this and so to my mind a degree of grief is both inevitable and justified.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Haye/ Fury - 2 poll extravaganza! - Page 2 Empty Re: Haye/ Fury - 2 poll extravaganza!

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 4:51 pm

I don't think anyone's disagreeing with the suggestion that Haye failed to make good on his promise either through Wlad's tactics or his own refusal to engage. However, I'm still waiting for TRUSS to come up with something other than that to refute my suggestion that Haye's a better fighter now than he was when he fought Monte Barrett....which I believe was my original point

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 10 Sep 2013, 4:52 pm

Rowley wrote:Whilst I think bottled it is coming it a bit strong there is a nub of truth to Truss’ criticism. Rightly or wrongly in life we will tend to be judged by the standards we set ourselves through our own words and in the run up to this fight Haye was more than vocal about how he was going to knock Wlad out. He was also equally as vocal and loud in deriding and mocking the efforts and timidity of many of Wlad’s previous challengers such as Chambers and countless others.

Now given all this pre fight talk think it was reasonable for people to expect that even in defeat he would go out on his shield or at least throw caution to the wind at the point it was clear plan A was falling woefully short of what was required. He did not do this and so to my mind a degree of grief is both inevitable and justified.
Agreed - not only that but all those people he criticized at least took a beating trying to force the issue against Wlad, desperately abandoning any semblance of a defence and paying for it before surrendering to the inevitable. Haye didnt even do that apart from a couple of token lunges at the end mixed with falling over like Emile heskey and whining to the ref.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 4:55 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Rowley wrote:Whilst I think bottled it is coming it a bit strong there is a nub of truth to Truss’ criticism. Rightly or wrongly in life we will tend to be judged by the standards we set ourselves through our own words and in the run up to this fight Haye was more than vocal about how he was going to knock Wlad out. He was also equally as vocal and loud in deriding and mocking the efforts and timidity of many of Wlad’s previous challengers such as Chambers and countless others.

Agreed - not only that but all those people he criticized at least took a beating trying to force the issue against Wlad, desperately abandoning any semblance of a defence and paying for it before surrendering to the inevitable. Haye didnt even do that apart from a couple of token lunges at the end mixed with falling over like Emile heskey and whining to the ref.
And he has indeed suffered a great deal of justified criticism for this (even from the fanboys).

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 10 Sep 2013, 5:03 pm

Haye will know he took a lot of deserved criticism after his no show against Wlad, that's why I feel he will be determined to make sure the fight with Fury isn't going to go the same way.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 10 Sep 2013, 5:19 pm

I'm not saying he did himself justice, or at all performed well. But Truss' dislike for Haye has allowed him to use the term "bottled" which is a complete fallacy and an outright lie. There wasn't any "bottling it" perhaps he just didn't fancy getting knocked out himself, but standing in a ring and having a boxing match with a guy the size of Wlad is as far from bottling it as it gets.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 5:24 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:I'm not saying he did himself justice, or at all performed well. But Truss' dislike for Haye has allowed him to use the term "bottled" which is a complete fallacy and an outright lie. There wasn't any "bottling it" perhaps he just didn't fancy getting knocked out himself, but standing in a ring and having a boxing match with a guy the size of Wlad is as far from bottling it as it gets.
Once Wlad started talking about Haye being victim number 50 you get the impression that as the fight wore one, Haye didn't want to give Wlad the satisfaction of being right or of being humiliated himself after giving it the big talk. Think Wlad/Manny knew that Haye would have to expose himself by going for a KO himself but that he didn't want to and therefore a safety first showing would be sufficient.

As some have said before there was basically a lot of two guys doing bu**er all and one guy winning the rounds by virtue of having done slighly less "bu**er all"

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Sep 2013, 5:57 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:I'm not saying he did himself justice, or at all performed well. But Truss' dislike for Haye has allowed him to use the term "bottled" which is a complete fallacy and an outright lie. There wasn't any "bottling it" perhaps he just didn't fancy getting knocked out himself, but standing in a ring and having a boxing match with a guy the size of Wlad is as far from bottling it as it gets.
will you stop saying I dislike him...I don't....Stuck up for him on here on more than one occasion..

He didn't commit against Wlad........becaus he was intimidated...........so he bottled it.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2