The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye v Fury - official poll

+23
spencerclarke
seanmichaels
Diamond in the rough
owen10ozzy
Mr Bounce
tunes666
ShahenshahG
Lance
azania
mobilemaster8
compelling and rich
Lumbering_Jack
Herman Jaeger
Scottrf
TopHat24/7
kingraf
catchweight
Steffan
bhb001
TRUSSMAN66
Boxtthis
Rowley
Seanusarrilius
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Haye v Fury

Haye v Fury - official poll Vote_lcap67%Haye v Fury - official poll Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 40 ]
Haye v Fury - official poll Vote_lcap12%Haye v Fury - official poll Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 7 ]
Haye v Fury - official poll Vote_lcap2%Haye v Fury - official poll Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Haye v Fury - official poll Vote_lcap0%Haye v Fury - official poll Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Haye v Fury - official poll Vote_lcap3%Haye v Fury - official poll Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Haye v Fury - official poll Vote_lcap15%Haye v Fury - official poll Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 9 ]
Haye v Fury - official poll Vote_lcap1%Haye v Fury - official poll Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 60

Haye v Fury - official poll Empty Haye v Fury - official poll

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Really interested in your take. I have money on haye by KO Round 1-6. May balance it with a small Fury bet to make sure I come out even, but so long as Haye doesn't suffer from rust and lay off, I can only see one outcome.

Also, any other fights coming up that you are having a punt on?

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Haye v Fury - official poll Empty Re: Haye v Fury - official poll

Post by Rowley Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:59 pm

With you Sean, the closer it gets the more I want Fury to beat him but just do not see it happening. Fury has just never been too hard to hit and cannot get the image of how Cunningham had him going when he connected out of my head. If Haye lands with anything like as clean a shot struggle to see how Fury survives it. He does not lack for guts though so may well get up and find himself stopped on his feet. Really hope I am wrong though.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:01 pm

Just put £25 on Haye to win by KO. He seems very motivated for this and has chosen excellent sparring partners to prepare him for Fury. I just can't see Fury pinning him down long enough to tire him out with the size advantage. Fury doesn't have anything like the command of distance that Wlad has and I see Haye landing a good few of those looping over-the-top rights that he likes to throw.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:01 pm

Agree with you Rowley. Got to go with head, and when I think Cunningham and the way he was able to connect I can't help but see Haye having him on queer street within 3.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Will ring size be an issue?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:03 pm

All about the jab and whether Fury can keep Haye at the end of it till he lands a big 260 pound right..

Big If...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:06 pm

I see some people have gone for Fury. Good to see that Winchester hasn't deserted the boards totally!! Haye will have him out early, but Fury (along with half the known world) has managed to prove me wrong in the past.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:07 pm

David Haye...is getting knocked out...by Tyson Fury

(We hope)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:07 pm

As long as Union doesn't take Haye early, I know I am safe with my bet Smile

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:10 pm

Fury to be blasted out by the first decent punch he walks onto. A public outcry. Haye to call out a Klitschko. The public to pay for Haye v Hughie Fury this time next year.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Think the thing with this fight is Haye can win doing things he is capable of doing in past fights. For Fury he needs to show things he probably has not really shown before. He needs to jab with authority and prove he can keep someone on the end of such a jab. He needs to demonstrate a less porous defence and show he can avoid taking stupid shots and he needs to show a discipline he has rarely shown. People can point to the Johnson fight and it certainly provides the template as to what he needs here but Johnson was inactive to the point of passivity in that one.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:18 pm

I have Haye to win this. Its nice to say Fury is 6'9 260lbs, but... Does he really hit that hard? I mean of course he does, he is a boxer, but... Cunningham was not floored by a fist, Chisora was never in real trouble.... I just think Fury is on a hiding to nothing. I could be wrong, and I womt be upset if I am.... But Im gving it to the Hayemaker, probably via mid round KO.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:20 pm

I am pretty sure Johnson was on some ant anxiety pill in that one. Did nothing.

IF Chisora could only handle Haye's leather for 5, and he has a far better chin than Fury, I can't see it going more than 4...that said, if it does go more than 4 we might see something extraordinary

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Gone Haye LKO.

Because whilst I don't think Fury will get up again from a Haye bomb, and I can't see Haye never landing, I think Haye will be genuinely wary at first and Tyson (with Peter in his corner) will be sensible restrained and cautious, therefore things will drag into the second half of the fight before something meaningful happens.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:26 pm

Steffan wrote:David Haye...is getting knocked out...by Tyson Fury

(We hope)
Fury is more likely to knock himself out than Haye.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Haye has problems getting to the big guys, but I think he can stop Fury if he can land cleanly enough. Fury really talked me into a believer, but I've been siding with Haye since the first press conference. There are doubts in both their minds and that's what makes it interesting.

Problem for Haye is if Fury gets up, seems to wake him up. He could give Haye hell if he's able to stun him. But if Haye keeps his head, he might show he's too elusive for Fury and take it on points. I do give Fury a much bigger chance than most and can't rule out the upset.  So there you have it, it's one of those ones where I don't feel certain about making a prediction. But boring to sit on the fence so I go with the concensus of a Haye win, simply because those backing Haye do so with such conviction, and that's what sways me. Neutral though, don't mind who takes it. 

Oh, and fairplay to both, five million a pice for a domestic ain't bad going.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Why is it people think Fury is a different animal with Peter Fury in his corner? What's he proven.

Haye KO2.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Fury boxes beyond his means. I dont believe he has the necessary discipline to beat Haye even if he had the talent. Would not at all be surprised if the occasion gets to him and he either freezes on the night or fights like pub brawler and gets his head taken off. Haye is such a stinker he might let Fury go a few rounds but if Fury comes out like the charge of the light brigade then Haye might have little choice but to knock him out quickly.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:47 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Why is it people think Fury is a different animal with Peter Fury in his corner? What's he proven.

Haye KO2.
There was a notable difference in his last two performances between when Peter was there (Johnson) and when he wasn't (Cunn).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:47 pm

haye between 4-6 for me, not looked at the odds yet, sean what did you get for rounds 1-6 cant be big i imagine?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:56 pm

compelling and rich wrote:haye between 4-6 for me, not looked at the odds yet, sean what did you get for rounds 1-6 cant be big i imagine?
6/4 which i think is a decent price. Lumped 25 on it myself.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:58 pm

Ive bet £5 on 2nd round KO @ 10/1 for Haye.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:01 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:haye between 4-6 for me, not looked at the odds yet, sean what did you get for rounds 1-6 cant be big i imagine?
6/4 which i think is a decent price. Lumped 25 on it myself.
on my william hill account they only lump the rounds in 3 so could only go for 1-3 at 7/2 or 4-6 at 10/3

fury to win on ko any round is 4/1 for anyone willing to take a punt

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:03 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Why is it people think Fury is a different animal with Peter Fury in his corner? What's he proven.

Haye KO2.
There was a notable difference in his last two performances between when Peter was there (Johnson) and when he wasn't (Cunn).
One of his opponents made an effort in those fights.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:04 pm

Just can't see Haye letting himself get hit easily enough for Tyson to properly connect.

Looking at some of his training vids he seems to be concentrating on being elusive and ducking out of punches, Fury's fought nobody with his speed or movement.

10/3 on Haye 4-6 sounds ok tho.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:08 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Just can't see Haye letting himself get hit easily enough for Tyson to properly connect.  

Looking at some of his training vids he seems to be concentrating on being elusive and ducking out of punches, Fury's fought nobody with his speed or movement.

think thats what im going to go for

a tenner gets me £43 back

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:10 pm

just having a look you could put a tenner on 1-3, 4-6 and 7-9 and if any come in you still win money, worse case £13 up best £20 up

of course he could lose or the fight go past 9 rounds but i really cant see that happening

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:28 pm

I think 1-6 is good value for Haye KO. If Haye hasn't knocked him out by the end of the 6th he will struggle to do so

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:34 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Haye KO2.
Johnson was a total and utter disgrace that fight. He seems to have developed a bit of a rep (Peter) for not doing an awful lot.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:53 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:I think 1-6 is good value for Haye KO. If Haye hasn't knocked him out by the end of the 6th he will struggle to do so
That's a fair summary. Haye would probably start to look for the points win at that stage.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:54 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:I think 1-6 is good value for Haye KO. If Haye hasn't knocked him out by the end of the 6th he will struggle to do so
That's a fair summary. Haye would probably start to look for the points win at that stage.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:00 pm

bhb001 wrote:
Why? He stopped Ruiz late on. Are you suggesting that Fury's stamina or Haye's supposed lack of it will mean the fight goes the distance? Is Fury some iron chinned demon, is Haye a guy who only throws hard shots within 20 mins of the first bell ringing?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:40 pm

Not a single person has this going twelve.........out of a survey of 32........

26-6 Haye..........Let's hope Fury isn't reading....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:43 pm

Funny how people are now showing some love for Fury. How things change.

Here's hoping the full time boxer sends the part time boxer into retirement. I want Fury to win and am backing him to win. When have we seen Haye come in all guns blazing? Even against a passive Audley he was scared to engage until he realised Audley was too petrified to throw anything in return.

Haye will be ultra cautious in the early rounds and tr to force the issue in the mid to late rounds. Fury by UD or late KO. Haye actually believes he has a strong chin also. He has convinced himself he took Wlad's best shots.

Fury all the way baby. The next undisputed world champ ....... until Wilder comes in to spoil the Fury's world domination plans.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:45 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:I am pretty sure Johnson was on some ant anxiety pill in that one. Did nothing.

IF Chisora could only handle Haye's leather for 5, and he has a far better chin than Fury, I can't see it going more than 4...that said, if it does go more than 4 we might see something extraordinary
He did nothing because Fury didn't allow him to do anything. He kept the jab in his face all night long. Great win for Fury.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:48 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Just can't see Haye letting himself get hit easily enough for Tyson to properly connect.  

It's not exactly Haye's call for that to happen.

He is always trying to be elusive hence he stinks the joint out more often than not. Every big man he has fought he fought scared. I expect nothing less.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Chisora and Fury offer different problems.......Chisora is short for a heavy.......Haye could use his reach.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:52 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
bhb001 wrote:
Why? He stopped Ruiz late on. Are you suggesting that Fury's stamina or Haye's supposed lack of it will mean the fight goes the distance? Is Fury some iron chinned demon, is Haye a guy who only throws hard shots within 20 mins of the first bell ringing?
I believe that Haye will start to see it as too hard a night and coast to victory. I am questioning more Haye's work ethic here (which is probably unfair as well!!). Most likely outcome, though, as I have already stated, is an early knock out by Haye.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:54 pm

bhb the only one who has a points margin........

Make sure you stick the boot into us If it goes twelve Mate.....

Because we won't forget If it doesn't !!!!Wink Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:55 pm

gone Haye on points. No way does Haye go storming in there looking to end this early. Hes got too much at stake and since when did Haye take risks? Probably not since Thompson.

Haye will use his speed on the backfoot to land single shots without getting hit. he will wait for Fury to make a mistake before he goes in for the kill. Granted if Fury boxes recklessly Haye could stop him anytime, even the first. But I think Fury will be at his best boxing behind his jab and using his reach. also leaning on Haye and holding when he gets in close. problem is how does Fury hurt Haye if he cant catch him.

so Haye on points, maybe even a slightly controversial decision

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:58 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Chisora and Fury offer different problems.......Chisora is short for a heavy.......Haye could use his reach.....
Fury needs to have that jab in his face like a piston.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Lance wrote:gone Haye on points. No way does Haye go storming in there looking to end this early. Hes got too much at stake and since when did Haye take risks? Probably not since Thompson.

Haye will use his speed on the backfoot to land single shots without getting hit. he will wait for Fury to make a mistake before he goes in for the kill. Granted if Fury boxes recklessly Haye could stop him anytime, even the first. But I think Fury will be at his best boxing behind his jab and using his reach. also leaning on Haye and holding when he gets in close. problem is how does Fury hurt Haye if he cant catch him.

Idiot! He gets put over by Mormeck and then goes out and flattens him the next round. He goes and destroys Enzo Macc in two. He put Barrett over about five times, he puts Ruiz over with 20 seconds of the first bell. Plus countless others at the tail end of his CW days

You dunce!

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Lance wrote:gone Haye on points. No way does Haye go storming in there looking to end this early. Hes got too much at stake and since when did Haye take risks? Probably not since Thompson.

He may not take risks but he does punch. And if he hits Fury clean and he wobbles, he'll go in for the kill. Haye KO early, while he has the speed and strength

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:01 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if he came out as a leftie. I think you guys are underestimating Fury's skills. The Cunny fight was the best thing to happen to him because it was the first time he headlined in USA and the hype got to him. That experience and that he got bounced and wobbled will do him a power of good in this fight. Also he has Cunny as a sparring partner who is very similar to Haye. He is to intelligent to allow himself to make the same mistakes as he did in that fight.

Haye is chinny and will always chinny. Fury KO. Easy night for him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:02 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Idiot! He gets put over by Mormeck and then goes out and flattens him the next round. He goes and destroys Enzo Macc in two. He put Barrett over about five times, he puts Ruiz over with 20 seconds of the first bell. Plus countless others at the tail end of his CW days

You dunce!
oh dear you really are pathetic

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:03 pm

azania wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if he came out as a leftie. I think you guys are underestimating Fury's skills. The Cunny fight was the best thing to happen to him because it was the first time he headlined in USA and the hype got to him. That experience and that he got bounced and wobbled will do him a power of good in this fight. Also he has Cunny as a sparring partner who is very similar to Haye. He is to intelligent to allow himself to make the same mistakes as he did in that fight.

Haye is chinny and will always chinny. Fury KO. Easy night for him.
Yeah cos he was dropped by some slob prior to getting decked by Cunningham wasn't he so clearly lessons learned are not Fury's strong point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:04 pm

Lance wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

You dunce!
Says the guy who claims haye hasn't taken a risk since his 11th fight. Do you get a matching oversized handbag to go with your big clown shoes?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:04 pm

azania wrote:Funny how people are now showing some love for Fury. How things change.

Here's hoping the full time boxer sends the part time boxer into retirement. I want Fury to win and am backing him to win. When have we seen Haye come in all guns blazing? Even against a passive Audley he was scared to engage until he realised Audley was too petrified to throw anything in return.

1. Why does Haye need to go all guns blazing? Only takes 1 punch at HW level, especially when you've got probably the second hardest hitter in the division versus one of its weakest chins.

2. Where's your proof he was scared to engage with Audley? He did what, arguably, he should to against Fury. He's got the speed, the power and the elusiveness - why blaze in? Just wait for his opportunity, for that opening the Fury's chin which will inevitably come, then end it.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:05 pm

If Fury doesnt come to fight then there wont be a fight. Haye relies on his opponents to bring the fight. If Fury ends boxing safe the fight will be a stinker for a while until Fury inevitably makes a mistake and walk onto something.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Lance wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

You dunce!
I don't know why im bothering as you clearly have a chip on your shoulder but.....

but mormeck put haye down round 4....haye flattened him in the 7th when the opportunity arose

ruiz was shot and had less power than any heavy haye has fought

enzo slipped up....if fury does haye will flatten him too I agree

put Barret down 4 times, never finished him early because he boxed sensibly and wanted to take little riske

took 3 rounds to hit audley because he was fixed only audleys left

didn't mean to criticize your man! But Fury is big and strong and Haye is smart. he will take his time

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next