The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye v Fury - official poll

+23
spencerclarke
seanmichaels
Diamond in the rough
owen10ozzy
Mr Bounce
tunes666
ShahenshahG
Lance
azania
mobilemaster8
compelling and rich
Lumbering_Jack
Herman Jaeger
Scottrf
TopHat24/7
kingraf
catchweight
Steffan
bhb001
TRUSSMAN66
Boxtthis
Rowley
Seanusarrilius
27 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Haye v Fury

Haye v Fury - official poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap67%Haye v Fury - official poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 40 ]
Haye v Fury - official poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Haye v Fury - official poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 7 ]
Haye v Fury - official poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Haye v Fury - official poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Haye v Fury - official poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Haye v Fury - official poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Haye v Fury - official poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Haye v Fury - official poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Haye v Fury - official poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Haye v Fury - official poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 9 ]
Haye v Fury - official poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Haye v Fury - official poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 60

Haye v Fury - official poll - Page 2 Empty Haye v Fury - official poll

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Really interested in your take. I have money on haye by KO Round 1-6. May balance it with a small Fury bet to make sure I come out even, but so long as Haye doesn't suffer from rust and lay off, I can only see one outcome.

Also, any other fights coming up that you are having a punt on?

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Haye v Fury - official poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Haye v Fury - official poll

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:10 pm

azania wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if he came out as a leftie. I think you guys are underestimating Fury's skills. The Cunny fight was the best thing to happen to him because it was the first time he headlined in USA and the hype got to him. That experience and that he got bounced and wobbled will do him a power of good in this fight. Also he has Cunny as a sparring partner who is very similar to Haye. He is to intelligent to allow himself to make the same mistakes as he did in that fight.

Haye is chinny and will always chinny. Fury KO. Easy night for him.
Similar, but considerably worse. Slower, powerless and, I think, older.

We all know you're just a WUM, Az, so will take your silliness in good humour - and there's plenty of that in that absurd post.

When Haye get's dropped by people with 28% and 38% ko ratios, then I'll start to worry about his chin. The fact an infinitely more talented and athletic champ with 80%+ ko ratio couldn't do it means I won't be losing any sleep.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:12 pm

Dunno about that tophat - I doubt Haye will be running away from Fury as he did Wlad.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:14 pm

He should.

Fury's basically a chinny less powerful Valuev. Haye did fine there barely getting a scratch on him and landing punches that'd clear Fury out.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:16 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
azania wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if he came out as a leftie. I think you guys are underestimating Fury's skills. The Cunny fight was the best thing to happen to him because it was the first time he headlined in USA and the hype got to him. That experience and that he got bounced and wobbled will do him a power of good in this fight. Also he has Cunny as a sparring partner who is very similar to Haye. He is to intelligent to allow himself to make the same mistakes as he did in that fight.

Yeah cos he was dropped by some slob prior to getting decked by Cunningham wasn't he so clearly lessons learned are not Fury's strong point.
So no boxer ever gets decked by lesser opponents. Do you actually watch boxing or just trying to score points.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Your 'being different' is getting boring now.

You just said Fury has skills. Take a look at yourself.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:19 pm

azania wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Yeah cos he was dropped by some slob prior to getting decked by Cunningham wasn't he so clearly lessons learned are not Fury's strong point.
So no boxer ever gets decked by lesser opponents. Do you actually watch boxing or just trying to score points.
that must be a rhetorical question Az. we all know the answer Very Happy 

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:21 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:Funny how people are now showing some love for Fury. How things change.

Here's hoping the full time boxer sends the part time boxer into retirement. I want Fury to win and am backing him to win. When have we seen Haye come in all guns blazing? Even against a passive Audley he was scared to engage until he realised Audley was too petrified to throw anything in return.

1. Why does Haye need to go all guns blazing? Only takes 1 punch at HW level, especially when you've got probably the second hardest hitter in the division versus one of its weakest chins.

2. Where's your proof he was scared to engage with Audley? He did what, arguably, he should to against Fury.  He's got the speed, the power and the elusiveness - why blaze in? Just wait for his opportunity, for that opening the Fury's chin which will inevitably come, then end it.
Are you trying to be a WUM or something? A boxer who looks for that one punch KO will lose a decision. If Haye tries to rely on a one punch KO like he did against Wlad he will lose big time.

Did you see the first 2 rounds against Audley? Everyone blames Audley, but what did Haye do in those rounds? Pose as if he was on the front cover of GQ.

Elusiveness? ie running out of harms way. Yeah very elusive. Strictly come dancing stylie. Haye isn't too strong in the chin department. After all he got sent to queer street by a blown up SMW. A guy who is not known in a Bulawayo shabeen.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:23 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Similar, but considerably worse.  Slower, powerless and, I think, older.

We all know you're just a WUM, Az, so will take your silliness in good humour - and there's plenty of that in that absurd post.

When Haye get's dropped by people with 28% and 38% ko ratios, then I'll start to worry about his chin.  The fact an infinitely more talented and athletic champ with 80%+ ko ratio couldn't do it means I won't be losing any sleep.
Haye got decked by a Zimbabwean goat herder fighting 30lbs above him prime.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:26 pm

Scottrf wrote:

Your 'being different' is getting boring now.

You just said Fury has skills. Take a look at yourself.
Scram!

He has skills. He is a good boxer. You guys over-estimate Haye and under-estimate Fury. I hope Haye does the same.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:28 pm

If you've seen either of them fight, you're blind.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Scottrf wrote:If you've seen either of them fight, you're blind.
That is such a stupid comment on all levels. Read it again.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:31 pm

chin 

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Only if you lack the ability to read anything but literally.

What I meant to say if you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Or you're just a WUM.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:33 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
chin 
I blame Blair when he failed to deliver on his Education, Education, Education promise.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:35 pm

Scottrf wrote:Only if you lack the ability to read anything but literally.

What I meant to say if you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Or you're just a WUM.
Funny enough I was called a WUM for defending Fury way back when. Now he is a lovable rogue. I was saying that Price was chinny and called a WUM. Said that Canelo was hype and not as good as made out. Said Matthysse was hype and a sideways movement would confuse him. Called a WUM also.

Continue being a sheeple and let your dislike for Fury cloud your judgement. WUM.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:37 pm

When did I disagree with your other comments? Point out where I gave Alvarez a hope against Mayweather.

It's not being a sheep to point out the obvious.

Can't you contribute more than simply disagreeing with the concensus.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:41 pm

Scottrf wrote:When did I disagree with your other comments? Point out where I gave Alvarez a hope against Mayweather.

Blair should be charged for crimes against education.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:42 pm

So no.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:42 pm

azania wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Only if you lack the ability to read anything but literally.

Funny enough I was called a WUM for defending Fury way back when. Now he is a lovable rogue. I was saying that Price was chinny and called a WUM. Said that Canelo was hype and not as good as made out. Said Matthysse was hype and a sideways movement would confuse him. Called a WUM also.

Continue being a sheeple and let your dislike for Fury cloud your judgement. WUM.
You were right about Price. You've also been wrong plenty of times as well.

Surely even you can see that it's a big stretch to call Fury 'skillful'?

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:43 pm

No it is not a big stretch. Like him or not he is a world class fighter. Compare him with his contemporaries and not the boxers of days gone by.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:44 pm

Scottrf wrote:So no.
If you say so. Pointless debating with a clown on steroids.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:47 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
1. Why does Haye need to go all guns blazing? Only takes 1 punch at HW level, especially when you've got probably the second hardest hitter in the division versus one of its weakest chins.
To be fair name a Heavyweight fighter Haye has KOed with one punch?

I know Haye has power but it is a tad over rated at Heavyweight I think. His speed and great finishing certainly enables him to make the most of his power but he is not a one punch knock out.

Landed on Valuev, no knock out
Landed on Ruiz over and over and fight was stopped in 9th..
Landed on Audley a few times, who got back up and took another 3 or 4 shots before going down again and got back up again before the reff stopped it
Landed on WK (who's shin os not great) and although WK felt it he recovered ok.
Landed on Chisora who took the punch but could not get away from more punches and eventually went down, got back up again twice before reff stopped it.

Haye is a fantastic finisher and when he hurts someone he has the speed to land a couple more bombs before the person even knows anything about it. Against the bigger guys though they can smother him which helps them recover and Haye also has to lunge a little to get off the power in his shots .... for this reason I think Fury is not quite as vulnerable as some are saying..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Thing is with Fury is you never know which one you're going to get. He might go southpaw, he might box at range, he might go batpoop crazy, he might punch himself in the face or he might be put on his butt heavily. He's very entertaining as a result. However, he is not skillful enough to match the better fighters in the division in my opinion.

He's a big, big man but doesn't use the tools he has effectively enough, doesn't have a super hard punch and is susceptible to heavy shots. Add to the fact that Haye's elusive & a proven HARD puncher, I can only see this going one way, and that's with Fury on the floor devoid of his senses. Haye KO4. Or earlier if there's a 3-knockdown rule in force!

Last edited by Mr Bounce on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:51 pm

Scottrf wrote:When did I disagree with your other comments? Point out where I gave Alvarez a hope against Mayweather.

Did you ever expect any different from the runt.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:51 pm

Fair point Bouncy. But lets not forget that Haye is chinny also. Fury doesn't have to be Shavers to KO Haye.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:52 pm

I see the thick Geordie has joined in. Welcome.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:53 pm

azania wrote:No it is not a big stretch. Like him or not he is a world class fighter. Compare him with his contemporaries and not the boxers of days gone by.
Now that is a stretch Az....world class? He hasn't fought anyone approaching that level as of yet, so how he can be considered that is beyond me. Please don't say Cunningham as the guy is CW; he'd had one fight at HW before Fury...and because he caused Tyson problems with his hand speed he is considered quick and similar to Haye...he has neither the hand speed, footwork, elusiveness or power to match Haye. So using him as a measuring stick to how this fight will go is completely pointless.

You may well think Fury will win and that's fine your entitled to your opinion but try and use sensible arguments as to why, otherwise your going to be accused of wumming and rightly so!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:55 pm

To be fair az, he's never been KO'd. Got decked, sure, and ran out of gas against Thompson but nobody's kept him there on the canvas. I'd imagine his recuperation powers are on a par with Fury's. I just see Haye's relentless pressure and combinations to finish it once he has his man hurt will be the deciding factor. He won't miss an opportunity.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:01 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:
azania wrote:No it is not a big stretch. Like him or not he is a world class fighter. Compare him with his contemporaries and not the boxers of days gone by.
Now that is a stretch Az....world class? He hasn't fought anyone approaching that level as of yet, so how he can be considered that is beyond me. Please don't say Cunningham as the guy is CW; he'd had one fight at HW before Fury...and because he caused Tyson problems with his hand speed he is considered quick and similar to Haye...he has neither the hand speed, footwork, elusiveness or power to match Haye. So using him as a measuring stick to how this fight will go is completely pointless.

You may well think Fury will win and that's fine your entitled to your opinion but try and use sensible arguments as to why, otherwise your going to be accused of wumming and rightly so!
Cunningham fought and beat Adamek but robbed of the decision. SO he was a good test for him. Look at the top 10 now. I would pick Fury to beat most of them. He has already fought and beat two former HW title challengers. A former world cruiserweight champ and will beat another former CW/HW champ.

I get fed up with this so called elusiveness of Haye. He run and no one can catch him. Not even Bolt. I call elusive when a boxer stays in the pocket and makes the opponent miss, not someone staying a mile away.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:01 pm

tunes666 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
To be fair name a Heavyweight fighter Haye has KOed with one punch?

I know Haye has power but it is a tad over rated at Heavyweight I think.  His speed and great finishing certainly enables him to make the most of his power but he is not a one punch knock out.

Landed on Valuev, no knock out
Landed on Ruiz over and over and fight was stopped in 9th..
Landed on Audley a few times, who got back up and took another 3 or 4 shots before going down again and got back up again before the reff stopped it
Landed on WK (who's shin os not great) and although WK felt it he recovered ok.
Landed on Chisora who took the punch but could not get away from more punches and eventually went down, got back up again twice before reff stopped it.

Haye is a fantastic finisher and when he hurts someone he has the speed to land a couple more bombs before the person even knows anything about it. Against the bigger guys though they can smother him which helps them recover and Haye also has to lunge a little to get off the power in his shots .... for this reason I think Fury is not quite as vulnerable as some are saying..
Valuev has never been rocked let alone stopped - was massive in comparison which led to Haye punching upwards and losing power most of the night. The fact he rocked him is proof enough the guy can punch.

Ruiz - Has been stopped twice in his career, once by Haye...other than that Tua was the only person to take him out.

Audley - Took Wilder's biggest shot's and still tried to get up..

Wlad - The fact he even got to Wlad's chin shows that David is far more skillful than most, given nobody has in a long time.

Chisora - The other brother failed to get him out, and that guy is a massive puncher. The fact Haye put him down shows how hard the bloke can punch.

Think people forget that it is not purely how hard someone punches which determines whether they are a one punch KO artist, it is also dependent on the opponents ability to get up...will, heart, desire & recovery. All attributes which most of Haye's opponents at HW have had so putting them away in one shot would always be tough. The fact he did put most away though shows he certainly possesses the power to put Fury away...he may well have to lunge against the bigger guys but Tyson doesn't fight upright, he hangs his dead and is there to be found on the way in.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:To be fair az, he's never been KO'd. Got decked, sure, and ran out of gas against Thompson but nobody's kept him there on the canvas. I'd imagine his recuperation powers are on a par with Fury's. I just see Haye's relentless pressure and combinations to finish it once he has his man hurt will be the deciding factor. He won't miss an opportunity.
When has Haye pressured someone relentlessly?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:04 pm

Owen, in that case why is Fury being called chinny and Haye not? Haye got decked and rocked badly by a SMW. Fury got decked by HWs. Both recovered well and won. Fury by KO in both fights he was decked and Haye by points over the Zimbabwean goat herder.

Last edited by azania on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:04 pm

azania wrote:
Mr Bounce wrote:To be fair az, he's never been KO'd. Got decked, sure, and ran out of gas against Thompson but nobody's kept him there on the canvas. I'd imagine his recuperation powers are on a par with Fury's. I just see Haye's relentless pressure and combinations to finish it once he has his man hurt will be the deciding factor. He won't miss an opportunity.
You were talking about the Thompson fight as if you'd seen it earlier.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:05 pm

I think If Haye does not KO Fury in the first few rounds it could end up being a long night for him. I also do not think Fury is as Chiny as people make out, yeah he has gone down a couple times but his senses have always been there and he has recovered pretty quick....

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:06 pm

azania wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:

Cunningham fought and beat Adamek but robbed of the decision. SO he was a good test for him. Look at the top 10 now. I would pick Fury to beat most of them. He has already fought and beat two former HW title challengers. A former world cruiserweight champ and will beat another former CW/HW champ.

I get fed up with this so called elusiveness of Haye. He run and no one can catch him. Not even Bolt. I call elusive when a boxer stays in the pocket and makes the opponent miss, not someone staying a mile away.
He stayed in the pocket against Enzo...avoided two huge bombs by Enzo to get off his finishing combination. As much as he may have run against Wlad their were times he slipped and avoided the jab...Wlad could barely set him up for the right all night, and it wasn't just down to Haye running. He showed good head movement against Ruiz and against Chisora...who he probably engaged with in closer quarters than he has done in a long time.

To say he is not elusive is just plain stupid...either your having me on or you haven't watched any of Haye's fight and have just read some generic /half cuff boxing fans opinion on him after the Wlad fight and taken it at face value before deciding to run with it as your argument.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Scottrf wrote:
azania wrote:
Read Mr Bounce's comments before blabbering. OK 

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Haye around 5 for me depending how he fights but I imagine he is wanting to win big by ko so the klitchko fight gets built again

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:08 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:
azania wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:

He stayed in the pocket against Enzo...avoided two huge bombs by Enzo to get off his finishing combination. As much as he may have run against Wlad their were times he slipped and avoided the jab...Wlad could barely set him up for the right all night, and it wasn't just down to Haye running. He showed good head movement against Ruiz and against Chisora...who he probably engaged with in closer quarters than he has done in a long time.

To say he is not elusive is just plain stupid...either your having me on or you haven't watched any of Haye's fight and have just read some generic /half cuff boxing fans opinion on him after the Wlad fight and taken it at face value before deciding to run with it as your argument.
That was at CW. He is a runner and not elusive. Against the bigger men, he stays well away and pot shots. Heck, he stayed away from Audley even though Audley had logs in his pants.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:09 pm

azania wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
azania wrote:
Read Mr Bounce's comments before blabbering. OK 
Seriously though, watch the Thompson fight, you might be surprised.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:11 pm

Yes. He learned from that and stopped pressurising opponents as a result of his suspect stamina.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:11 pm

azania wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:
azania wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:

That was at CW. He is a runner and not elusive. Against the bigger men, he stays well away and pot shots. Heck, he stayed away from Audley even though Audley had logs in his pants.
Have to agree with my favourite poster Mr Azania. Look at the sparring with Wilder. Looks like a cat on a hot tin roof. Good though.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:14 pm

Have you got the link to that sparring session?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:16 pm

azania wrote:Owen, in that case why is Fury being called chinny and Haye not? Haye got decked and rocked badly by a SMW. Fury got decked by HWs. Both recovered well and won. Fury by KO in both fights he was decked and Haye by points over the Zimbabwean goat herder.
Because this fight is at HW, where Haye has yet to be put down despite arguably going in against better opposition. He has also been in with one of biggest punchers in the history's division, and whether it was by running or being elusive (whichever you prefer) he still got caught on more than one occasion but was not put down.

In comparison Fury has been dropped by Cunningham...a blown up CW who is 37 and is not known as a puncher. He was also put down by Pajkic a HW who holds a 27% KO ratio...add to that the fact he has been rocked by Chisora and badly wobbled against Firtha...not the signs of a guy who has a decent chin.

I will agree that he has shown good recovery on each occasion...yet no one he has been in the ring with have shown the 'killer instincts' which Haye has throughout his career. Whether you like the guy or not he has shown whenever he has put his opponents in trouble he will finish the job...

Anything else?!...

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Blown up CW? If Haye gets KO'd would he be a blown up CW? Haye hasn't been hit clean because of his style (against Wlad). Barret put him down. Ruiz hurt him.

Fury got caught flush. I reckon those punches would have kept Haye down. Mention his KO ratio all you want, but if a 210 man hits you flush and square, most will go down. I am not saying that his chin is on par with Vitali. But it is on par with Haye.

Add to that that Fury has better stamina and can fight at a high tempo for the full 12 rounds. Haye needs a breather. I see a points win for Fury.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:22 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:
Valuev has never been rocked let alone stopped - was massive in comparison which led to Haye punching upwards and losing power most of the night. The fact he rocked him is proof enough the guy can punch.
To be fair NV was off ballence when the punch hit and was fine seconds after so I am not even convinced he was hurt, it was a good shot that put him off balance, But like I say Hays speed got that punch in, but did not do alot of damage... when you say he has never been rocked its because most people cant get to him.

Ruiz - Has been stopped twice in his career, once by Haye...other than that Tua was the only person to take him out.
Like I say Haye has power and is a great stopper, but he certainly did not do it with one punch, it took 9 rounds against a Ruiz preparing for retirement.

Biggest Shots?, not really, he landed one clean shot the rest where banging into Audleys guard on the way down.. To be honest Audley is not the best example anyway as as soon as he get clips he covers up anyway..

Wlad - The fact he even got to Wlad's chin shows that David is far more skillful than most, given nobody has in a long time.
Im not disputing his skill, Im talking about his power and the fact he has not proven to have one punch KO power at this weight.

Chisora - The other brother failed to get him out, and that guy is a massive puncher. The fact Haye put him down shows how hard the bloke can punch.
Did you think that VK looked old? I did.

Think people forget that it is not purely how hard someone punches which determines whether they are a one punch KO artist, it is also dependent on the opponents ability to get up...will, heart, desire & recovery.
He can hit hard but his strength is speed. The Ks can bang and do it with one or two punches, Haye takes about 4 or 5.

Im just saying against the bigger guys its harder to get those 3 or 4 punches off with the same power...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:24 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:To say he is not elusive is just plain stupid...either your having me on or you haven't watched any of Haye's fights
It's the first option. He's winding you up. Today's Az game is:

- inflate everything that Fury has done/is good at
- undermine everything that Haye has done/is good at

He could easily make the point that Fury has a chance of winning without resorting to rampant double standards and hyperbole, but that wouldn't wind people up and perpetuate the bizarre 'I'm not a sheep' game that he likes to play.

I can just imagine if Fury does pull off the upset and Az uses it as some form of vindication that his comments were just. This is, of course, total nonsense. In this thread, Fury's win over Cunningham is a 'great victory'. But, in another, it would be just the sort of ammunition he'd be using against someone else; you know: 'decked by an old CW!!!' or 'knocked out by an Italian cop', etc, etc.

It's so boring.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:25 pm

azania wrote:Have you got the link to that sparring session?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMvK34c3EiY

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:29 pm

Here we go again. Reading the poster and not the words.

1) I haven't put down Haye's record. Just his style.
2) Haye was dropped badly by a blown up SMW.
3) Fury was caught square and flush by HWs and got decked.
4) Haye was decked (incorrectly called a slip) by Barret
5) Haye was wobbled by Ruiz
6) Fury has better stamina
7) Haye is more of a runner than elusive (my opinion)
8.) Both have dodgy chins. To suggest Haye has a granite chin or even a solid chin is ridiculous. I am not saying his chin is Khan level, but I'd say both have Groves like chin.

But of course it is wumming of the highest not to suggest that Fury is a skill free boxer who is chinny. Carry on.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:32 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
azania wrote:Have you got the link to that sparring session?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMvK34c3EiY
Have to say that it was impressive. Loved the sharp counters off the ropes. Wonder why he decided to release a video of himself looking good.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:34 pm

tunes666 wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:
 To be fair NV was off ballence when the punch hit and was fine seconds after so I am not even convinced he was hurt, it was a good shot that put him off balance, But like I say Hays speed got that punch in, but did not do alot of damage... when you say he has never been rocked its because most people cant get to him.

Like I say Haye has power and is a great stopper, but he certainly did not do it with one punch, it took 9 rounds against a Ruiz preparing for retirement.

Biggest Shots?, not really, he landed one clean shot the rest where banging into Audleys guard on the way down..  To be honest Audley is not the best example anyway as as soon as he get clips he covers up anyway..

Im not disputing his skill, Im talking about his power and the fact he has not proven to have one punch KO power at this weight.

Did you think that VK looked old?  I did.  

Think people forget that it is not purely how hard someone punches which determines whether they are a one punch KO artist, it is also dependent on the opponents ability to get up...will, heart, desire & recovery.
He can hit hard but his strength is speed. The Ks can bang and do it with one or two punches, Haye takes about 4 or 5.  

Im just saying against the bigger guys its harder to get those 3 or 4 punches off with the same power...
I'm not saying he has one punch power, but I am saying that in my eyes at least he has shown he has better power than that of Fury...who for a man of his size does lack genuine hurtful punches. I think the power lies with Haye as does the chin (he may not have a cast iron chin but he's hardly been decked or hurt badly by poor fighters of the caliber of Firtha etc...who are known to be rather feather fisted for Heavyweights.

I agree it is harder to get 3 or 4 punches off against the bigger guys with the same power...but the bigger guys he has fought have either fought safety first (Wlad), or just been freakish in nature (Valuev). Fury will not be too difficult to find...even if he decides to box he is at best a D-Level boxer...he paws his jab, gets tangled up with his feet going backwards, can be trapped on the ropes easily enough.

Unless the guy has suddenly become a 2nd coming of Wlad overnight his size counts for nothing in this fight because he simply does not utilise it. Haye will get to him..and when he does I have seen nothing in Tysons armoury to suggest he wont go down once he is caught...and then when he does get up (which i think he will) I have seen nothing to suggest he has the ring IQ or footwork to then stay out of trouble and not be finished off by a bloke known for his ability to not give fighters a 2nd chance!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next