The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your 606 Alias

+34
Izzi
compelling and rich
spencerclarke
TheMarvelousOne
Il Gialloblu
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Lance
Lumbering_Jack
The Boss
Strongback
milkyboy
Eyetoldyouso
The Terror of Tylorstown
Fists of Fury
Steffan
JabMachineMK2
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
huw
KingMonkey
superflyweight
Union Cane
ONETWOFOREVER
joeyjojo618
TopHat24/7
Valero's Conscience
J.Benson II
TRUSSMAN66
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Rowley
Scottrff
88Chris05
Mind the windows Tino.
mobilemaster8
38 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Your 606 Alias - Page 3 Empty Your 606 Alias

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just a quick on to find out more about the 606 fans.

Why have you nicknamed yourself what you have done already and is there specific reasons behind it?

For example, im mobilemaster8.

I went with this as im a Sales Account Manager and have worked in mobiles and telecommunications for a while now and seem to be very good....okay reasonably good at it hence the phrase Mobile and Master. The 8 is my favourite and lucky number i suppose.

Over to you.

i see some funny names and mysterious ones but want to know more about the man behind the mask!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Your 606 Alias - Page 3 Empty Re: Your 606 Alias

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:30 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Nice input steffan haha!

Roger that Truss, just thought id let you have a bit of a break from the countless abuse.....

Saying that, its always interesting these "scuffles" especially when Wise Dave is involved.....i have had a few myself recently and i get the idea that he isn't exactly fond of me.....shock horror.
I'm sure you must have said something I agree with. I've even agreed with STEFFAN and TRUSS once or twice.

If only you could repeat whatever guff TRUSS spouts endlessly...oh, wait, you do!

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Wonder if he does the same for his missus? Hope not, for her sake.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:31 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Roger that Truss, just thought id let you have a bit of a break from the countless abuse.....

Saying that, its always interesting these "scuffles" especially when Wise Dave is involved.....i have had a few myself recently and i get the idea that he isn't exactly fond of me.....shock horror.
I'm sure you must have said something I agree with. I've even agreed with STEFFAN and TRUSS once or twice.
Usually when we've been wumming..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:31 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Steffan wrote:Sort your life out Dave
And like worms after a heavy shower, out they come acrawling. Steffan, go find an old teaspoon to cream over, lad
You're the teaboy..you give him one!!!Coolthumbsup 
Not a chance, he'd nick, bury it and dig it up later trying to claim all the glory. Far too untrustworthy that STEFFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:31 pm

How do i repeat it? Please shoe me where i have, word for word, repeated anyone's comments?

I may have agreed but lets not get far fetched young lad.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Usually when we've been wumming..
What you two get up to at the Oyster is your business and between two consenting adults (or one idiot and his favourite monkey)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:34 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:How do i repeat it? Please shoe me where i have, word for word, repeated anyone's comments?

"I agree with every word TRUSS just said" is general how you go about it. As for shoeing you, it would be my pleasure, now where are my paraboots?

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:35 pm

But that's me agreeing and not repeating it. Also, lets not pretend your in the Paras Dave....come on now....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:36 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:How do i repeat it? Please shoe me where i have, word for word, repeated anyone's comments?

"I agree with every word TRUSS just said" is general how you go about it. As for shoeing you, it would be my pleasure, now where are my paraboots?
You want to calm down a little and maybe reflect on your behaviour whilst posting on the movie section...

six months should do it!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:38 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:But that's me agreeing and not repeating it. Also, lets not pretend your in the Paras Dave....come on now....
No need to, I'm not, I just have a nice pair of boots from when I used to schlep about in the mud at festivals.

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:40 pm

Haha cant imagine you at a festival mate if im honest. Any good?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

You want to calm down a little and maybe reflect on your behaviour whilst posting on the movie section...

six months should do it!!!
Do you think you'll have posted anything interesting by then? Probably not, so perhaps you might the one best suited to disappearing for a while (after all, youre used to leaving the boards aren't you?). You can post articles on the weightlifting forum about getting a big pump

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:42 pm

Apparently he looks like that fat guy out of Hearsay.......

So I imagine he spent most of his time in the mud....Face down !!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:42 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Haha cant imagine you at a festival mate if im honest. Any good?
Only if you like Heavy Metal. If not, you'll hate 'em!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Apparently he looks like that fat guy out of Hearsay.......

So I imagine he spent most of his time in the mud....Face down !!!
It'd be better than you looking like that fat chick out of STEPS!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:46 pm

You're admitting you prefer the guy out of hearsay to the chick in Steps..

"I'm coming out...I want the World to know"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:46 pm

Not a fan of heavy metal to be honest. More of a lyric type guy with meaning behind a song.....or their hot. Either or.

Steps? There's a blas from the past. How about Atomic Kitten? Would ya?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're admitting you prefer the guy out of hearsay to the chick in Steps..

Do you have cataracts? I'd like to think that, as unpleasant as it may be, looking like the fat guy out of HearSay would be a preferable image choice than looking like the fat chick out of STEPS...unless you're an overweight cross-dressing American with issues surrounding his abiity to have sex with his wife (something no-one else is having trouble with ...if the graffiti on the walls of the Didsbury public library is to be believed)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:51 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're admitting you prefer the guy out of hearsay to the chick in Steps..

.unless you're an overweight cross-dressing American with issues surrounding his abiity to have sex with his wife (something no-one else is having trouble with ...if the graffiti on the walls of the Didsbury public library is to be believed)
Only cross dress at weekends I've told you that...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:54 pm

Part-timer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:06 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Do you have cataracts? I'd like to think that, as unpleasant as it may be, looking like the fat guy out of HearSay would be a preferable image choice than looking like the fat chick out of STEPS...unless you're an overweight cross-dressing American with issues surrounding his abiity to have sex with his wife (something no-one else is having trouble with ...if the graffiti on the walls of the Didsbury public library is to be believed)
Has De LA Hoya put on weight?

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:07 pm

I wouldn't be getting this grief on the streets of philadelphia Mate !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:08 pm

The Boss wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Has De LA Hoya put on weight?
Looks like he's been out with Kyle Walker, inhaled that laughing gas but forgotten to blow it out of his cheeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:10 pm

No indeed Truss. Is this still the explain your name thread?

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:11 pm

Won't take long to explain yours................It's a good job with Dave in this mood we were..

Born to run.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Haha think it might have been milky offered up a few different reasons for my name before.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:18 pm

MM8 just dropped in my estimation.

Heavy metal is second only to classical music in the difficulty of composition. The lyrics are also more meaningful and relative to the song type than any other genre.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Really Jab?? I disagree and i studied music at degree level and have played to a high standard the Piano and Violin.

I disagree unfortunately, i have seen plenty of heavy metal and maybe a minority have feeling in the song.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:26 pm

Have plenty of feeling with the hangers on...In the trailer after though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:35 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Really Jab?? I disagree and i studied music at degree level and have played to a high standard the Piano and Violin.

I disagree unfortunately, i have seen plenty of heavy metal and maybe a minority have feeling in the song.
Get hold of some stuff by Hour of Penance, Obscura or The Faceless and tell me whether or not their compostions lack complexity. Irrespective of whether or not you actually like it, take an objective view and let me know if One Direction, Mumford and Sons or any other high profile bands/groups are writing anything with that degree of musicianship or difficulty.

If you don't fancy any of those acts, check out the "Symbolic" CD by Death. A friend of mine asked his music teacher to write out a couple of the guitar tracks for him to copy and his teacher was amazed at the level of technical ability that was present.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:40 pm

his music teacher was rick parfitt?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:42 pm

milkyboy wrote:his music teacher was rick parfitt?
No but another friend's wife is a distant relative of Francis Rossi.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:46 pm

probably his sister, just trying to maintain a helathy distance

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:53 pm

milkyboy wrote:probably his sister, just trying to maintain a helathy distance
Given the relationship I had with her I would have to say that Mrs Rossi snr had her children quite some years apart...or the sister was in excellent nick.

I'll say no more.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:06 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:Really Jab?? I disagree and i studied music at degree level and have played to a high standard the Piano and Violin.

Get hold of some stuff by Hour of Penance, Obscura or The Faceless and tell me whether or not their compostions lack complexity. Irrespective of whether or not you actually like it, take an objective view and let me know if One Direction, Mumford and Sons or any other high profile bands/groups are writing anything with that degree of musicianship or difficulty.

If you don't fancy any of those acts, check out the "Symbolic" CD by Death. A friend of mine asked his music teacher to write out a couple of the guitar tracks for him to copy and his teacher was amazed at the level of technical ability that was present.
I think the Human album is a better example of deaths technicality, having Schuldiner and Masvidal on one album is a death metal fans dream, it didn't spawn the whole technical progressive death metal scene for no reason. Focus by Cynic is another good example with Masvidal again. Heavy metal in general isn't overly technical but bands like Black Sabbath, Death, Meshuggah have the musical ability to match anyone that isn't involved in Jazz. Not my cup of tea but Kind Of Blue by Miles Davis jnr highlights the massive gulf between jazz and everything else.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:07 pm

'dave in sordid relationship with friend's wife shocker'

you've just gone up in my estimation. Though considering the starting point, that's no great compliment.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:12 pm

milkyboy wrote:'dave in sordid relationship with friend's wife shocker'

you've just gone up in my estimation. Though considering the starting point, that's no great compliment.
Cheers milky

I think!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:17 pm

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

I think the Human album is a better example of deaths technicality, having Schuldiner and Masvidal on one album is a death metal fans dream, it didn't spawn the whole technical progressive death metal scene for no reason. Focus by Cynic is another good example with Masvidal again. Heavy metal in general isn't overly technical but bands like Black Sabbath, Death, Meshuggah have the musical ability to match anyone that isn't involved in Jazz. Not my cup of tea but Kind Of Blue by Miles Davis jnr highlights the massive gulf between jazz and everything else.
Possibly but it's horses for courses I suppose. I'm a big fan of Gene Hoglan (whose "Dark Angel" stuff is cruelly under-rated) so Symbolic is perhaps my fave Death album but I won't put up too much argument about whether or not the others are "technically" better or more complex. Some of Brann Dailor's drumming on Mastodon's "Remission" CD is very jazz-influenced and I think he's superb. Watching him live is a joy to behold.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:18 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

come on ghosty, davis was allright, but he kept forgetting the music and having to improvise. He couldn't hold a candle to 1d.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:20 pm

HTID Your 606 Alias - Page 3 3933776953 
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:20 pm

milkyboy wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

come on ghosty, davis was allright, but he kept forgetting the music and having to improvise. He couldn't hold a candle to 1d.
If they were soaked in petrol I bet he could...I'd help him too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Isn't heavy metal just people screaming 'death' or 'blood' down a mic while bashing loads of pots and pans together.

That's what it sounds like anyway.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Then you'll appreciate Nightwish - Ghost Love Score or Poet and the Pendulum Mobile - give them a listen and tell me that takes no skill.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:22 pm

Union Cane wrote:HTID Your 606 Alias - Page 3 3933776953 
Sad that I know what that stands for Union.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:24 pm

Not sad at all, you know the score.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Isn't heavy metal just people screaming 'death' or 'blood' down a mic while bashing loads of pots and pans together.

That's what it sounds like anyway.
Isn't dance music just half a tin of biscuits being kicked down a long flight of concrete steps?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Agree with both sentiments!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:26 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Possibly but it's horses for courses I suppose. I'm a big fan of Gene Hoglan (whose "Dark Angel" stuff is cruelly under-rated) so Symbolic is perhaps my fave Death album but I won't put up too much argument about whether or not the others are "technically" better or more complex. Some of Brann Dailor's drumming on Mastodon's "Remission" CD is very jazz-influenced and I think he's superb. Watching him live is a joy to behold.
Sound of perseverance is probably my favourite Death album purely for Spirit Crusher, Story To Tell and The Flesh and the power it holds but it's a bit too mainstream to be considered a Death classic. Not sure where to stand on Dark Angel aside from Black Prophecies have never been able to listen to a whole song without getting bored, a severely over rated band as far as i'm concerned. The most technical metal musicians do tend to be the drummers, Bonham and Bill Ward were both Jazz drummers. Mastodon have Leviathan and not a lot else.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Lance is the name of a guy who used to be my PA, and I would have type things up for me, so when typing online I use that name

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:34 pm

I only saw your post because of the quote Lumbering so I won't linger on that.

Think you're completely misinterpreting "Heavy metal" to be "death" metal or one of its other subsidiaries like "black metal" or "screamo"

Go and listen to Stone Sour and come back. You'll find that 90% of heavy metal enthusiasts have listened or do listen to every single type of music and attempt to appreciate it. You'll find that very small percentages of people who like "pop" music even try to understand or appreciate other genres. Guilty pleasures for example, I like 80's electro, I like some dance musci, I like dubstep, I like Jazz, classical - all sorts. Usually however you speak to someone who lists "Bruno Mars" as their favorite artist and they'll listen to pretty much nothing outside of Rihanna, Jaz-Z, Avcii, Skrillex, Kings of Leon etc etc.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next