The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Podcast question of the week the Radicalz

+2
Hero
Adam D
6 posters

Go down

Podcast question of the week the Radicalz Empty Podcast question of the week the Radicalz

Post by Adam D Thu 12 Sep 2013, 9:39 am

What did you think of the Radicalz storyline?

Who was the most talented?

Who was your favourite?

Do you think the death of Eddie and Benoit have enhanced/ tarnished their repsective careers?

Why wasnt Perry Saturn the star of the group?

Who can remember what Dean Malenko sounded like?

You can hear our thoughts on the podcast but for the time being, lets hear your thoughts....

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Podcast question of the week the Radicalz Empty Re: Podcast question of the week the Radicalz

Post by Hero Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:04 am

Did they get what they give?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Podcast question of the week the Radicalz Empty Re: Podcast question of the week the Radicalz

Post by Adam D Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:08 am

I wasnt even drunk whilst repeatedly making that mistake!!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Thu 12 Sep 2013, 2:01 pm

Thought it was a good story line, enjoyed the intial entrace being at ring side etc and eventually getting a contract. Although im sure you could have booked it better now. possible invasion story line or shield like attacks. who knows

Each had there own style but all were technically good. I probably go for Benoit or Malenko

Who was your favourite?

Benoit was although they were all good, if all 4 had come in now the would be bigger than the shield

Do you think the death of Eddie and Benoit have enhanced/ tarnished their repsective careers?

Tarnished for Benoit probably Enhanced Eddies, he was good but people make out he is an all time top 10

Probably cause he wasnt as talented as the others and got stuck with hardcore rep from working ecw etc

I can but obviously not as good on the mic as others but his ability spoke volumes, shame cause his cruiserweight matches in wcw were great

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 12 Sep 2013, 4:22 pm

I enjoyed their debut, if memory serves it was the last major "What's so and so doing here?! They don't work here!" moment of the Monday Night Wars. It's a pity Eddie got injured during his match with the Outlaws and panicked at the finish causing the Radicalz to join HHH's factgime because it would be interesting to see what the original plans called for.

In terms of in-ring ability probably Benoit or Malenko, as an overall package Eddie Guerrero.

Who was your favourite?

Chris Benoit.

Definitely. Benoit's has obviously been tarnished (rightly so) and Guerrero is probably looked upon more favourably than he would be were he still alive.

I don't think he was ever going to be the star of the group ahead of Benoit or Guerrero but he should have been utilised much better than he was. He had a great feud with Raven and his Flock in WCW but didn't come close to doing anything as worthwhile in the WWF/E.

If I remember rightly he sounded like a cross between Lita and Mark Henry.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 12 Sep 2013, 5:40 pm

I thought it was a really good way to introduce the four coming in from WCW, but after they all lost matches to DX on Smackdown, I don't remember them doing a great deal as a foursome after that.

Eddie Guerrero

Who was your favourite?

Benoit

Do you think the death of Eddie and Benoit have enhanced/ tarnished their respective careers

Benoit is too wrestling what Jimmy Savile is to TV presenting. Most people's first thoughts about them now are about the crimes they committed rather than what initially made famous.

Eddie's death probably has enhanced his reputation, but this is typical of most people who's career is cut short for one reason or another. Edge and Owen Hart are probably remembered more favourably as well.

Because he was the least talented

I vaguely remember him talking in WCW

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:23 am

It was a decent way to introduce four young talented wrestlers, they covered and complimented each other, in a similar way to the shield do now

Guerrero all round for me, and I'd have Benoit above Malenko in the in ring stakes, he had an intensity to his matches that set him apart

Who was your favourite?

Guerrero was/is one of my all time favourites so probably him

Tarnished, Benoit's for obvious reasons, and I think Guerrero's death has created a 'his legacy was enhanced because he died' type backlash

He probably wasn't quite as good as the other 3, he had probably a little more all round charisma than Benoit and Malenko, but he wasn't a 10/10 standout in any area and he never excuded any main event aura for me

Yes

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down