The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The OTHER big fight on Saturday.

+7
TRUSSMAN66
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
spencerclarke
John Bloody Wayne
BoxingFan88
mobilemaster8
Mr Bounce
11 posters

Go down

The OTHER big fight on Saturday. Empty The OTHER big fight on Saturday.

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 13 Sep 2013, 5:27 pm

All the talk is on Mayweather-Alvarez, but I am actually far more interested in the match-up between Danny Garcia and Lucas Matthysse. Garcia has a bit of talent and Matthysse has brutal power. It's an intriguing fight and one which is actually likely to fizzle a bit. 

Of all the fights that are scheduled this year, it's certainly one of the more mouthwatering as I believe it'll be excitement all the way. No pot shotting and peek-a-boo here. I believe this is a likely contender for both FOTY & KO OTY.

How do I call it? Matthysse by a vicious KO in round 7. Will Angel Garcia spontaneously combust if that happens??? laughing

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

The OTHER big fight on Saturday. Empty Re: The OTHER big fight on Saturday.

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 5:57 pm

Ohhhhhh Mr Bounce.

I am really really looking forward to this.

I am a huge Mathyssee fan and i think Garcia is VASTLY over rated in the boxing world. Looked shady against a fat Morales in the first fight, was beaten around a bit by an aged Judah in the late rounds of their fight and was having his grid punched in cleanly by chinless Khan.

If his is THAT open to shots in this fight, then Mathyssee takes him out within 4 rounds at the very latest.

Will be great whilst it lasts, but i sincerely hope Lucas demolishes this kid so that the supposed hype train that is Mathysse propels into the big time and gets his dues.

Also, i think Angel Garcia is a 100% Tinkywinky and would love to see his stupid smug face when his son is crawling around the canvass face down.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 5:58 pm

I'm looking forward to Garcia Matthysse even more than the main event.

Should be a great fight, I think Matthysse wins mid to late stopppage.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 13 Sep 2013, 6:42 pm

I can see the Mayweather fight getting some boos thanks to this. Similar to the way Donaire v Nishioka got booed as it had to follow Rios v Alvarado.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 13 Sep 2013, 8:49 pm

I clicked on this thinking it was going to be a piece on the theophane fight. Disappointed

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:03 pm

Love this fight, and I would love Matthysse to hammer Garcia

I know prople say he is truely a new guy and his father is the one everyone hates, but I just don't lile Danny either. Sounds really weedy to me and I don't belive the hype around him

Both are qyite tough though so I can't see it being early, but given how easily judah hurt garcia in the championship rounds you'd back matthysse to hurt him even more-so

Garcia has his hail Mary left hook that has bailed him out several times, but I can't see matthysse crumbling lile an old morales or chinmy khan but who knows

I'd lile to see him beat just to see Angel Garcias reaction

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:05 pm

Have you been on the p**s ??.........

Your spelling is better than usual and your post is interesting..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:12 pm

I'm backing Matthysse, and to make things interesting I might even stick my neck on the line and go for a stoppage in the early to mid rounds.

I haven't got round to watching Judah-Gacia for a second time as I was hoping to, but from what I remember Garcia looked off-balance, awkward and unconvincing whenever he was trying to really force the fight and carry it to Zab. He's much more convincing waiting for the opportunities to come to him, but I think he's a bit too reliant on trying to pull off that single shot all the time. It's an excellent left hook he's got, but I don't think one of them is going to get Matthysse out of there like it did with Khan (effectively, anyway) or a fat, old Morales.

I suspect he'll basically be inviting Matthysse to come at him and press the action and I have confidence in Matthysse's chin, power and ability to close off the ring helping him survive whatever Garcia can throw and wearing 'Swift' down. I can't really remember seeing Matthysse hurt. Garcia's got a pretty good chin by the looks of things so far as well, but as we saw with Cleverly a few weeks back, chins can flatter to deceive if they haven't been tested yet by a genuine knockout puncher, and Garcia hasn't faced one of those yet.

Not entirely sold on Garcia as a genuine elite-level fighter and I think Matthysse will take this. KO or TKO inside six, just to make it interesting.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:14 pm

I can't see it going twelve either...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:17 pm

Fathers and Sons is a strange Boxing combination.........

Don't think I could watch my boy getting smacked about without wanting to jump in there myself...

Not sure Father and Sons work........They are either too protective........Hatton v Smith

Or too the other way........Hines v Hilton.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:21 pm

I actually think Garcia is better on the front foot

Every time he boxes he looks poor. Morales I, Khan, Theophane and Holt, he tried boxing but didn't have any success untill he walked forwards

Those who think Garcia will outbox him, but he is not a great boxer. The way he can win is pushing matthysse backwards (not likely) and keep wailing on him hoping he's the more powerful, once again not likely

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:27 pm

I don't know why you don't fight Garcia..Sounds like a real easy night according to you..

Khan, Judah and Morales are all useless bums obviously.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 14 Sep 2013, 9:54 am

I'm neither a huge fan of Garcia nor do I yet have a ticket for the matthysse hype train, I do think this is likely to be the better fight tonight though... At least if garcia's whiskers pass what will be a thorough test. Like most I'm probably most expecting matthysse inside the distance, but whichever should be worth watching however it pans out.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 14 Sep 2013, 9:58 am

Come on now Truss.

Morales IS a bum who is so far past his prime he may as well be in palliative care. 7-10 years past maybe?

Khan over rated and hype train.

Judah?? The guy the got hammered by Khan?

Come on guys, Garcia is finally fighting someone decent, and finally he will get nailed

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 14 Sep 2013, 10:15 am

Paulie got hammered by khan, kotelnik got hammered by khan. Judah got hammered by khan but not by matthysse. Styles make fights etc. Garcia has fought and beaten decent opposition, but has ridden his luck a bit and hasn't convinced many that he's elite level himself.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 14 Sep 2013, 10:48 am

Khan is no hyped up fighter, he is what is. Offensively very talented but defensively very poor which always makes for a good fight. He's a world class talent with a poor chin nothing more nothing less.

Those using Judah against Garcia are barking up the wrong tree, out of everyone who's beaten him Tzuyu and Khan have had the easiest time of it. While Matthyse lost, yes he lost a close fight before all his apologists start screaming robbery which it wasn't.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 14 Sep 2013, 11:03 am

But Khan is always one punch away from losing, so when someone lands that punch it's hard to give them loads of credit, at least not as much as Garica has been given

I don't buy into he way timing khan, every fighter is trying to time up their big punch, he just threw it enough times that one would eventually land and Khan isn't exactly a controlled boxer when he throws his combo's. Khan was beating Garcia up pretty badly untill that punch landed. His face was busted up, he had ate countless jabs and right hands and a few had bothered him

Morales was done, he had one last hurrah against maidana who obviously overlooked morales and gassed after the second round, but he was really pushing danny and looked on top in the closing rounds untill he was dropped in the 11th, yet danny still couldn't get him out of there

Judah was 3 years reomoved from the won who beat matthysse cloely, and since then he has gotten older, slower and has been beat up by khan, yet still he had the stamina and will to outlast garcia down the stretch and had danny in real trouble

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 14 Sep 2013, 11:06 am

With all that being said he has each and every time found a way to win and you're going a bit overboard on the Khan thing. Yes he can be hurt but he's a very difficult man to get rid of as he gets up over and over again, Maidana and Diaz couldn't finish him off but Garcia could which gives an indication he's a pretty decent finisher.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 14 Sep 2013, 11:32 am

How have I gone overboard with the khan thing

Was he losing? Yes, was he taking a lot of shots? yes, was he landing anything good on khan? No, did his winging left hook turn the fight? yes

How is anything I wrote wrong or overboard

Is khan a defensive fighter? No, was this the first time khan has been dropped by a single shot? No, does khan have the knowledge to tie up when hurt? No

Diaz is a club fighter and maidana, back then a crude slugger unlike the more polished version he is now, was almost out on his feet before he landed the clean shot that almost took khan out

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 14 Sep 2013, 11:49 am

What Garcia was doing was setting Khan up for the left hook, he knew he could take Khans punch and wasn't going to outbox him as very few can. All night he was looking for the counter left and landed it in the 3rd round, not the 11th or 12th but the 3rd, so fairly early in the night, it didn't come from nowhere, it was obvious what he was trying.

As for the relative merits of Diaz and Maidana, it highlights that despite being vulnerable Khan is a difficult man to finish off so Garcia deserves some respect for doing so.

I appreciate this place is one big love in for Matthyse but he's up against an undefeated fighter who should be able to test him, say what you want about Garcia but he's not the one who lost to Judah now is he.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 14 Sep 2013, 1:33 pm

Neither did Mathysse

Run Run Run 

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 14 Sep 2013, 1:40 pm

A close fight which could have gone either way, it wasn't a clear win either way.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Sat 14 Sep 2013, 2:55 pm

Lucas Matthysse is and Danny Garcia are IMPROVED fighters. Results from years back dont mean sheet. Matthysse would put a WHOOPING on Judah and Alexander today. Tonight is the BEST against the BEST at 140 and 154. AMAZING card.

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down