The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evian, ladies, 4hrs 17 mins for 13 holes....,,

4 posters

Go down

Evian, ladies, 4hrs 17 mins for 13 holes....,, Empty Evian, ladies, 4hrs 17 mins for 13 holes....,,

Post by matelot golfer Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:56 pm

Ever wondered why tv companies are giving up on ladies golf, or sponsors leaving in their droves!! This does the game no good at all. Pathetic example to set and not one person on clock. Plus Suzanne Petterson throws her toys out of the pram because she's in the rough!! Arguing with official who won't give in and give her relief from a lie that's not bad at all " get me an LPGA official" she barked" I am an LPGA official"was his reply.haha, get back in your box!!

matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Evian, ladies, 4hrs 17 mins for 13 holes....,, Empty Re: Evian, ladies, 4hrs 17 mins for 13 holes....,,

Post by Davie Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:02 pm

Quite right MG .. I was watching at the same time and heard that - I couldn't believe it. That must've been a 6 hour round?

One of the commentators mentioned Lydia Ko who apparently is one of the faster players and still an amateurs but they reckoned it was the amateur game (at least in the world of ladies' golf) that was to blame

Davie

Back to top Go down

Evian, ladies, 4hrs 17 mins for 13 holes....,, Empty Re: Evian, ladies, 4hrs 17 mins for 13 holes....,,

Post by matelot golfer Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:09 pm

Yeh, I think it was Trish Johnson that said it was the amatuer game that had caused the problem. Now, I don't know all the facts, what I do know is that if I was only on the 13th hole after 4 hrs and 17 minutes then I would either be divorced or getting kicked out of my club for going and punching whoever was playing that slowly in the first place!!

matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by matelot golfer Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:14 pm

The LET programme that shows women's golf is absolute tosh. It's opening credits start with the lines of something like "chic, engaging, diverse" . Would be better of changing it to "slow, slower and slowest". Makes even that Europro programme looks good and they have that no mark "spoony" presenting at times who is to golf what tiger is to relate counselling!!

matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:43 pm

Yeah but Suzanne is eye candy though :-o

Did I just type that out loud??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by matelot golfer Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Better in SD rather than HD I'm afraid!!

matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:06 pm

We played an inter club match today with shotgun start.  We were at the back of the procession and the second of the two groups that started on the 17th hole.  It took FOREVER!, well over 6 hours.  It was so painful, we had to wait on every tee box and on every shot from there.  At times there must have been 4 or 5 goups on a hole including up to two groups waiting to get on the tee box.  To add insult to injury on our last hole it eventually became clear to hit the tee shot and the bell rings to alert us to guys coming up the hill.  One group stops to take a picture of the view halfway up, I wanted to yell at him to get out of the way but I think there was someone on the 12th.  I did win one of the nearest the pins to take home about 25 quid which softened the blow but the cards were left out on the course so that was another half an hour to collect all of those Doh

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down