The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Groves and Booth Split

+25
Lumbering_Jack
rycoys
Rick James
John Bloody Wayne
Lance
Rowley
hampo17
azania
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
AlexHuckerby
milkyboy
Scottrf
ONETWOFOREVER
YDKSAB
OasisBFC
seanmichaels
owen10ozzy
Pedro147
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
JabMachineMK2
Seanusarrilius
Strongback
Steffan
lambertm100
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Groves and Booth Split - Page 2 Empty Groves and Booth Split

Post by lambertm100 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 2:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Carl Froch claims they have split on Talksport?

lambertm100

Back to top Go down

Groves and Booth Split - Page 2 Empty Re: Groves and Booth Split

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 5:33 pm

Strongback wrote:Booth has confirmed the split on Boxing Scene
As trainer or managerial representative

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 5:36 pm

Do we think now he's in a big fight our Georgey Boy is getting an ego ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 5:38 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/george-groves-adam-booth-decided-part-ways--69706

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Sep 2013, 5:38 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:Booth has confirmed the split on Boxing Scene
As trainer or managerial representative
My guess is money. Groves has always been fine with being a part of Team Hayemaker, in fact he has revelled in it. This feels like a money isue to me. Even though I have absolutely nothing to back up my theory.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 5:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Do we think now he's in a big fight our Georgey Boy is getting an ego ??
Not sure about ego, per se, but a bit like Khan leaving Roach becuase he wasn't getting enough contact time and Freddie was more invested in Pac, similar could be true here. Biggest fight of Groves' life and, maybe, Booth is investing all his time in Haye and Groves isn't getting what he needs.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Tue 17 Sep 2013, 5:42 pm

Its Hearn bro. He did the same with Frampton. Hearn dont deal with MANAGERS. He want FULL control and ALL the money. Booth got ICED by Hearn.

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 17 Sep 2013, 5:43 pm

It says they have parted company so that suggests its a complete split.

I always thought Booth and Haye bullied Groves. He was almost like that guy that Ricky Gervais sends around the world so they can laugh at him.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 17 Sep 2013, 5:46 pm

Ha, No strongback I don't. But I have followed the Hearns (not in a creepy stalker type way...if anyone asks) ..for a number of years and have seen what they have done with numerous sports i.e. Pool, Snooker, Darts ...

I agree that they do have some faults but on the whole they have done very well in whatever they have turned their hands too and I just think they get a fair bit of stick which is undeserved.

I don't see to many promoters getting huge fights in the manner which Hearn has so quickly into his venture as a Promoter. Of course having SKY behind him has helped...but lets not forget that it was the families ability to turn 'old fashioned and dated' sports or sports which had previously burned TV companies around which made SKY get behind him.

He has done well by the likes of Purdy and Rees who are financial a heck of a lot better of than they were before...he has delivered 3 big fights to Carl Froch...has not been afraid to stick his charges in with real live opponents, including his young protegee's i.e. Ryder vs Joe Saunders, Groves vs Froch and he has stuck by fighters when others may not have...Barker (injuries galore).

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Tue 17 Sep 2013, 5:55 pm

Hearn send Rees and Purdy to get WHOOPED and now he doing the same with Groves so he can get RICH. Rees got RUINED by the problem. WHOOPED by Crolla in his next fight. Hearn is PLAYING you people.

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Sep 2013, 5:56 pm

I am not blaming Hearn. No way does Booth just let Hearn swoop in and get rid of him. More likely this is a cash issue, IMO. Can't think why else it would happen.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Sep 2013, 5:57 pm

YDKSAB wrote:Hearn send Rees and Purdy to get WHOOPED and now he doing the same with Groves so he can get RICH. Rees got RUINED by the problem. WHOOPED by Crolla in his next fight. Hearn is PLAYING you people.
What else is there to do with Rees and Purdy? Seriously, he gave them opportunities to make massive money, and neither of them have real talent or a fanbase. Didn't Rees make more than 330k for the Broner fight? That's a shed load of money for a fighter with Rees's talent and profile.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 5:58 pm

Maybe this guy is an Alien and someone is supposed to see a message in the "WORDS"..

Maybe this is a code to tell the Aliens from planet Twix that Earth is ripe for invasion..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 17 Sep 2013, 5:59 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Do we think now he's in a big fight our Georgey Boy is getting an ego ??
Not sure about ego, per se, but a bit like Khan leaving Roach becuase he wasn't getting enough contact time and Freddie was more invested in Pac, similar could be true here.  Biggest fight of Groves' life and, maybe, Booth is investing all his time in Haye and Groves isn't getting what he needs.
That's probably it. Coming up to the biggest fight of his career thus far he neds 100% dedication from his trainer and not for his trainer to spend time with a part time boxer.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:00 pm

Hearn got Groves by the COJONES coz he offering a BIG Money fight on PPV. Groves HAS to do what Hearn wants. Take it or leave it baby and Groves got NO choice. NO other reason. All about the MONEY. Hearn is HUSTLING.

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Maybe this guy is an Alien and someone is supposed to see a message in the "WORDS"..

Maybe this is a code to tell the Aliens from planet Twix that Earth is ripe for invasion..
He is something, Truss

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:08 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Maybe this guy is an Alien and someone is supposed to see a message in the "WORDS"..

He is something, Truss
Five minutes on here and they'll **** right back off home again.

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:10 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Not sure about ego, per se, but a bit like Khan leaving Roach becuase he wasn't getting enough contact time and Freddie was more invested in Pac, similar could be true here.  Biggest fight of Groves' life and, maybe, Booth is investing all his time in Haye and Groves isn't getting what he needs.
That's probably it. Coming up to the biggest fight of his career thus far he neds 100% dedication from his trainer and not for his trainer to spend time with a part time boxer.
BS man. Haye the HUSTLER is knocking out his next BUM in under two weeks. Groves aint fighting until NOVEMEBR 23rd! Booth got NOTHING to do until then except be training Groves. Booth got ICED by Hearn. Truth bro.

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:10 pm

YDKSAB wrote:Hearn got Groves by the COJONES coz he offering a BIG Money fight on PPV. Groves HAS to do what Hearn wants. Take it or leave it baby and Groves got NO choice. NO other reason. All about the MONEY. Hearn is HUSTLING.
He's a bloody idiot who offers an opinion, I mean your entitled to one...it's wrong...but your entitled to it! You have absolutely no evidence to suggest Groves has no choice but to accept it. In fact contrary to your belief...Groves has said it is him who wanted the fight and Hearn has stated he didn't want this dust up to occur.

He could make more money by keeping Groves unbeaten and building him towards a showdown with Ward....he could have put on DeGale v Groves and Kessler v Froch 3 which would have meant 2 big nights and many more £'s.

Oh I'm not sure if anyone has pointed this out but putting certain words in capital letters doesn't make your point any more intelligent or indeed relevant.

I feel we need to spend some of our advertising money from the site on a new 'Numpty Control' team to ensure this board isn't continually flooded with them!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:13 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:
YDKSAB wrote:Hearn got Groves by the COJONES coz he offering a BIG Money fight on PPV. Groves HAS to do what Hearn wants. Take it or leave it baby and Groves got NO choice. NO other reason. All about the MONEY. Hearn is HUSTLING.
He's a bloody idiot who offers an opinion, I mean your entitled to one...it's wrong...but your entitled to it! You have absolutely no evidence to suggest Groves has no choice but to accept it. In fact contrary to your belief...Groves has said it is him who wanted the fight and Hearn has stated he didn't want this dust up to occur.

He could make more money by keeping Groves unbeaten and building him towards a showdown with Ward....he could have put on DeGale v Groves and Kessler v Froch 3 which would have meant 2 big nights and many more £'s.

Oh I'm not sure if anyone has pointed this out but putting certain words in capital letters doesn't make your point any more intelligent or indeed relevant.

I feel we need to spend some of our advertising money from the site on a new 'Numpty Control' team to ensure this board isn't continually flooded with them!
SSSSLLLLAAAAYYYYYEEEEERRRRRRRRR....oh right, point proven. Carry on Owen OZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:14 pm

I think RIPE is the word

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:15 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:

YDKSAB boxing bro. Too busy being SUCKERED by Hearn.

Groves v Froch easy PPV money suckering DAMN FOOLS who DKSAB. Hearn get ALL the Money. He dont want another WHOOPING off Ward and he needs BIG MONEY to get Kessler back to UK. Groves v Froch for the SUCKERS on PPV and Booth ICED so Hearn keeps for MONEY.

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:19 pm

YDKSAB wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:

Groves v Froch easy PPV money suckering DAMN FOOLS who DKSAB. Hearn get ALL the Money. He dont want another WHOOPING off Ward and he needs BIG MONEY to get Kessler back to UK. Groves v Froch for the SUCKERS on PPV and Booth ICED so Hearn keeps for MONEY.
change the record

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:19 pm

He needs big money to get Kessler back to the UK, despite the fact he probably has more than enough following the last fight between the pair and Kessler would not need as large a pay packet to come over 3rd time given he now brings less to the table! Doh 

I would also like to enlighten you to the fact I have no doubt that I have physically dumped out more boxing knowledge than you have ever had in what I envisage to be your rather large head which ironically contains very little inside it!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:23 pm

YDSAB bro. Hearn WANTS Kessler for another fight but Kessler WONT come unless he gets BIG money. Simple.

He dont have to PAY Groves big money and he gets a much BIGGER share for a PPV SUCKER fight. EASY money for Hearn.

THEN maybe Hearn will try get WASHED UP Kessler back for another SUCKER PPV fight and CLAIM Ward aint interested in SCHOOLING his FAKE champ again.

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:26 pm

Do you the lack the ability to type a sentence without using capital letters all the time? Makes you look like an immature child.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:28 pm

YDKSAB wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
BS man. Haye the HUSTLER is knocking out his next BUM in under two weeks. Groves aint fighting until NOVEMEBR 23rd! Booth got NOTHING to do until then except be training Groves. Booth got ICED by Hearn. Truth bro.
Look, I am not a rude person as many here will testify. I am always calm but do me a favour and go forth and multiply. English is not my first language, but I try not to abuse it in the manner you are doing now. And don't try and talk "street" son. You're probably a middle class BOY from a commuter belt hamlet who thinks he knows roots and culture after watching Top Boy. Now just **** off. Comprende?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:31 pm

I honestly don't know what to say anymore Erm Have I missed something whilst I've not been posting regularly, it seems we have an influx of idiots suddenly in our midst. Someone must have left the gates open at an asylum..

Of course, I'm not implying your one of those YDKSAB; clearly you escaped from some kind of supreme school of knowledge for the sweet science such is your intellectual capability on all things boxing! Whistle

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:33 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:I honestly don't know what to say anymore Erm Have I missed something whilst I've not been posting regularly, it seems we have an influx of idiots suddenly in our midst. Someone must have left the gates open at an asylum..

Of course, I'm not implying your one of those YDKSAB; clearly you escaped from some kind of supreme school of knowledge for the sweet science such is your intellectual capability on all things boxing! Whistle
One flew over is one of my favorite films........I'm the Nicholson character on here...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:39 pm

Ha, Truss I was wondering why you had yet to make an appearance on this thread...

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:40 pm

At last there is someone less popular than me Yahoo

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:45 pm

Steffan wrote:At last there is someone less popular than me Yahoo

Everybody likes you ffs.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:45 pm

I'm not sure whether that is a good reflection on the forum or not Steffan...but I am glad that it has made your day Hug ....

Although your aware that he is only above you in the less liked stakes until Clev announces his comeback and we invariably get an article from yourself Very Happy 

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:47 pm

Strongback wrote:
Everybody likes you ffs.
DAVE667 doesnt

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:48 pm

Have mentioned this a few times in the last few days but can assure you all this will be the last time I will do so. The site has a policy about the use of unnecessary formatting and fonts, which is handily repeated for you all below. Those who continue to ignore this will be banned:

• If your post is deemed illegible because it is done in l33t speak, sTiCkY CaPs, uses excessive punctuation, unnecessary formatting (inappropriate size and color), or contains excessive typing errors/abbreviations, you will be asked to retype your post in a more readable manner.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:51 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Although your aware that he is only above you in the less liked stakes until Clev announces his comeback and we invariably get an article from yourself Very Happy 
Clev about to make announcement on BBC Wales News now actually on his future

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:52 pm

Does anyone ever get banned on this site?

Not being smart but I've never seen a banning.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:52 pm

I shall continue refreshing the boxing page in anticipation for your next article...don't let me down Steffan! Wink 

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:53 pm

Strongback wrote:Does anyone ever get banned on this site?

Some do, try and avoid making a song and dance about it on the main board as it is a distraction.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:56 pm

This forum even bans me in a dream you better wake up and apologise

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:56 pm

Rowley wrote:

Some do, try and avoid making a song and dance about it on the main board as it is a distraction.
Just wondering really.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:56 pm

What is I33t?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:56 pm

Thats interesting

Do you have any concrete information or are you on a wind up?

My heads saying wind up but this is right up my street.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 7:25 pm

Steffan wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Everybody likes you ffs.
DAVE667 doesnt
Come now Steffan, I offered you a heartfelt apology the other day outlining the reasons why I behave in such an off-hand and to be honest downright rude manner toward you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 17 Sep 2013, 7:30 pm

I got banned. This account was only reactivated a couple of days ago.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 7:33 pm

Scottrf wrote:

I got banned. This account was only reactivated a couple of days ago.
If ever there was a case for stating this site has gone to hell in a handbasket, it's the Mods allowing Scott back on.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 8:14 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
YDKSAB wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:

change the record
can't you just ban the Tinkywinky and save us all the hassle??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 8:16 pm

azania wrote:
YDKSAB wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Look, I am not a rude person as many here will testify. I am always calm but do me a favour and go forth and multiply. English is not my first language, but I try not to abuse it in the manner you are doing now. And don't try and talk "street" son. You're probably a middle class BOY from a commuter belt hamlet who thinks he knows roots and culture after watching Top Boy. Now just **** off. Comprende?
haha, that did make me laugh! Laugh

great programme tho!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue 17 Sep 2013, 8:46 pm

I didn't think Booth wanted to throw Groves in with Froch for a while yet. Maybe Groves followed the money Hearn offered him to take the fight and Booth wanted out before Groves gets beat.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 17 Sep 2013, 9:25 pm

Strongback wrote:Booth wasn't at the press conference today.

Fast Car is claiming the tickets sold out in 11 mins.

That means lots of people have £200 plus to spend on a ticket.   A fool is easily separated from his money.
What is it about supporting boxing you have such contempt for?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 17 Sep 2013, 9:43 pm

Strongback wrote:Fast Car is claiming the tickets sold out in 11 mins
I laughed when I heard that bit as well

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down