The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derreck Chisora

+7
eddyfightfan
Seanusarrilius
TRUSSMAN66
compelling and rich
hogey
Steffan
azania
11 posters

Go down

Derreck Chisora Empty Derreck Chisora

Post by azania Thu 19 Sep 2013, 6:49 pm

I think he is being matched well. About time also. He has fought the best in the division whilst still a novice. Fighting beatable fights and winning well will boost his confidence and his profile. Like him or loathe him, he sells. A HW who comes to fight and delivers exciting fights. He has the talent to do better than he has done. Ultimately he will always fall short because he is not a concussive puncher or too skilled.

Good luck to him. Rumour is that he will fight Wilder next:picard: 

azania

Back to top Go down

Derreck Chisora Empty Re: Derreck Chisora

Post by Steffan Thu 19 Sep 2013, 6:51 pm

If he fights Wilder he will lose......physically

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu 19 Sep 2013, 8:26 pm

I reckon as long as he can get through the first 4 rounds against Wilder he would then take over and boss the rest of the fight. Chisora is a pretty decent boxer with fast hands and a good boxing brain when he is on his game and i think that he would be too much for Wilder based on what i have seen of the big yank.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Sep 2013, 8:30 pm

You haven't seen much of him. He only fights for a maximum of 2 minutes at a time.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 19 Sep 2013, 8:44 pm

good match and test for wilder, but then again chisora is for many. he's durable but doesn't hit hard, perfect for a pretty untested fighter. price would have been better off fighting the likes of chisora instead of thompson who was a fairly big step up from the likes of skelton/harrison

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Sep 2013, 8:52 pm

compelling and rich wrote:good match and test for wilder, but then again chisora is for many. he's durable but doesn't hit hard, perfect for a pretty untested fighter. price would have been better off fighting the likes of chisora instead of thompson who was a fairly big step up from the likes of skelton/harrison
Laugh 

Price should be the lion in the wizard of Oz.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Sep 2013, 10:05 pm

You seem to like him perhaps because he doesn't conform, treats people like s**t and has the manners of a pig..

Can't be his talent..Plenty of other Brits like Matthews who give everything and entertain..who you don't write about..

Helenius, Vitali and Fury fights were enthralling.......

Think it doesn't reflect well on you all this Chisora love because people may think you like him for all the wrong reasons..

Not me though I can tell you're a stand up guy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:53 am

I think Chisora looked sluggish last time out. Probably because he has been matched extremely tough since the start of his career

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 20 Sep 2013, 8:23 am

i think chisora is a very decent fighter just lacking power. he has a throw back attitude about fighting the best, and is willing to face anybody. he should have beaten helenius, and if he got the decision would have 2 wins over unbeaten contenders, he was in awful shape for fury, his own fault but i think in better shape he beats him too. no shame in losing to haye or vitali.

i care little and less about what boxers get up to out of the ring, but chisora seems to get more stick than say mayweather or wilder or anyone else about his antics outside the ring for some reason which doesnt seem fair to me

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 8:35 am

Chisora gets stick because despite not being a top tier guy he is piddling away his career due to indifference. Yes he was messed about in the run up to the Wlad/Haye fight with but for him to then allow himsef to come into the ring in his next fight in such poor condition is, for a fighter, a pretty pathetic way of doing business.

His attitude reminds me in some ways of Danny Williams, flashes of potential but a really poor attitude towards the hard slog that's required before a fight.

Younever know when you're going to get the call out of the blue so you owe it to yourself to be in the best possible condition and ready to fight and earn yourself some money. Lord knows it's hard enough for the majority of fighters to get by so you need to give yourself every chance. Chisora isn't doing that and utimately it will cost him.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 20 Sep 2013, 8:58 am

Chisora - 21 fights last 5 Helenius, Klitshcko, Haye, Avila, Scott
Wilder - 29 fights last 5 McCreary?, Price?, Greer?, Harrison!, Liakhovich

Can't have it both ways. Top 7 current heavy for me.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 9:05 am

seanmichaels wrote:Chisora - 21 fights last 5 Helenius, Klitshcko, Haye, Avila, Scott
Wilder - 29 fights last 5 McCreary?, Price?, Greer?, Harrison!, Liakhovich

Can't have it both ways. Top 7 current heavy for me.
Top 7? dear me! Lost three of his last five, stank the place out in his return from being KO'd and won his last outing via contentious stoppage. Not really the mark of a ten ten guy but then it probably says more for the state of the division than anything else. For get his ranking, look at his application to the sport. He claims to have changed but I can't see it lasting, he lacks dedication and focus I believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:03 am

Why are we talking about Chisora ???

He's lost 4 out of his last 5/6 fights............

What is the deal with this guy...........You guys do yourselves no justice writing articles about scum like this guy....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:35 am

Would definitely be keen on seeing a Wilder-Chisora fight.

That said, Del seems to trade exclusively off getting jobbed by Helenius and not getting floored by Vitali. When you're greatest claims are losses you know you ain't that special.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:39 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Would definitely be keen on seeing a Wilder-Chisora fight.

That said, Del seems to trade exclusively off getting jobbed by Helenius and not getting floored by Vitali.  When you're greatest claims are losses you know you ain't that special.
Vitali's biggest night thus far has been his loss to Lewis Whistle 

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:56 am

Tbh, I think the main reason for Vit's ranking is based off his brother's successes and the thought that he would beat young Wlad. Therefore he's Wlad by proxy.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:59 am

Vitali wouldn't be the first to profit from a "great" defeat.........I imagine losing to Louis like he did outshone all Conn's 175 achievements and most regard Hagler ko11 Mugabi as his greatest performance.......

Sanchez-Nelson

Perhaps If Haye-Fury is a good fight........A Fury loss would propel rather than hinder him......

Green etc........but what potential...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:37 am

Vitali's just one of those guys rated great because they are... Missing the Olympics due to steroids probably set him back a few in terms of getting big fights quicker and meant he missed the 90s when he would have physically peaked, and more importantly faced better opposition. At least he admitted he was guilty in his autobiography, and not on Oprah, or kept denying he was Evans Fields.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:50 am

Fury will not live up to his potential let alone certain people's expectations of him!

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 12:00 pm

kingraf wrote:Vitali's just one of those guys rated great because they are... Missing the Olympics due to steroids probably set him back a few in terms of getting big fights quicker and meant he missed the 90s when he would have physically peaked, and more importantly faced better opposition. At least he admitted he was guilty in his autobiography, and not on Oprah, or kept denying he was Evans Fields.
He was 32 when he faced Lennox in 2003, arguably physical peak then and he was 29 when Chris Byrd retired him in 2000.

So I don't think he can use that excuse for not being in the 90s mix.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 20 Sep 2013, 12:12 pm

I mean getting bigger fights earlier. His fight vs Lewis was his first major title fight, at 32, lest you count him beating Herbie Hide as a legit title fight... The Byrd fight was unfortunate as he was in serious control of that.

Holyfield got his first big HW title shot at 28, but having lifted the cruiserweight title at 24...
Lewis got his at 27... I think the point is valid
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 12:28 pm

Lewis started picking up decent fights (Mason, Weaver, McCrory, Biggs) once he'd clocked up 15 fights, Vit didn't until he had 25 under the belt. He moved his career slowly, taking few chances and sticking to fighting in Germany.

If he'd been more adventurous at the 15 fight mark it was only 1998 still and there were plenty of decent fights out there. He didn't and went 10 before fighting Hide in mid-99 and by the time the Byrd loss happened (as unfortunate as it may have been) the 90s ship had sailed.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 20 Sep 2013, 12:40 pm

One had an Olympic medal and one didnt... Which is my point really.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 20 Sep 2013, 12:41 pm

How does a 16-0 Vitali market himself for a fight in Britain or the States, then? The 6'8 Ukraninian? That doesnt even work now and he is a two time World champ
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 12:50 pm

Still think your argument is fallacious, don't see how it stacks up and seems a convenient excuse for Big Vit not really achieving/doing much.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 12:51 pm

kingraf wrote:How does a 16-0 Vitali market himself for a fight in Britain or the States, then? The 6'8 Ukraninian? That doesnt even work now and he is a two time World champ
Not his job to market himself is it, its his promotor's job. He doesn't like the job the guy's doing, he goes elsewhere

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 12:53 pm

You can't market someone without their help........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 20 Sep 2013, 12:56 pm

He hasnt done much because there hasnt been much to do! I mean what dirferent could he have done? Rematch Lewis? Lewis knew the result if that happened and wisely retired on top. Tough it out vs Byrd? Maybe, but I certainly dont blame him for losing that one. Otherwise you could really only blame him for not fighting his brother, which is reaching
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 20 Sep 2013, 12:57 pm

Show me the list of Soviets who made big money in England and the US without Olympic gold, or a title and I will gladly retract my point Dave.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 12:57 pm

What a 16-0 Vitali does is look good in beating what those two countries have to offer and build a following slowly..

Problem is he's a faceless, boring stinker.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 20 Sep 2013, 12:59 pm

Second highest KO ratio in HW history has that faceless stinker.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 1:02 pm

Impressive especially against all those great fighters........

You're not saying he's good to watch now.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 20 Sep 2013, 1:06 pm

I enjoy his fights, yes. But What Im saying is that you cant give me the "entertainment" excuse when Harrison has made himself a Kings ransom in England. Vitali was never going to make it in England without the amateur credentials the steroid saga took away.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 1:42 pm

kingraf wrote:Show me the list of Soviets who made big money in England and the US without Olympic gold, or a title and I will gladly retract my point Dave.
IVAN DRAGO?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:24 pm

kingraf wrote:I enjoy his fights, yes. But What Im saying is that you cant give me the "entertainment" excuse when Harrison has made himself a Kings ransom in England. Vitali was never going to make it in England without the amateur credentials the steroid saga took away.
Easily pleased..Maybe I should have married you..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:41 pm

you wouldn't have got the house.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:51 pm

Take it how you want Truss, I just find it funny that if one enjoys Mayweather, you are a true connoiseur of the sport, a real purist, but if you enjoy a guy who actually loses less rounds and has more KO's, you are easily entertained...
HashTagDeuxStandards
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:52 pm

Because mayweather takes on the best..........and Vitali fights stiffs..Though not his fault.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:56 pm

And he beats them accordingly, not so?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:58 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Because mayweather takes on the best..........and Vitali fights stiffs..Though not his fault.
I enjoyed his fight with Henry Brussels over Tzuyu.

I also enjoyed him only fighting the top fighters at WW in 1 out of 6 years.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:59 pm

Good for you..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down