The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the soon to be death of impact wrestling

+2
wheelchair1991
Mr Video Man
6 posters

Go down

the soon to be death of impact wrestling Empty the soon to be death of impact wrestling

Post by Mr Video Man Sun 22 Sep 2013, 11:09 pm

is anyone else on here sad at what impact wrestling has become? guys on huge paychecks like sting, angle, Hogan, bischoff etc all while they are only filling 1/4 of the arenas they hold the shows in. and also sacking guys and offering less money to people like mickie james yet they can pay big money for guys like rampage Jackson and tito Ortiz. they also brought in guys like rvd, jeff and matt hardy, the nasty boys and ric flair who would have all cost a lot and really did nothing to improve ratings.

in short what could impact wrestling do to improve their ratings and attendances? I think I read somewhere they had a taped show and did only 2,000 fans with 1 and abit thousand paying and at a non tv event only drew 800 fans. something needs to change because at the moment impact wrestling is looking more and more like wcw when it was dieing.
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

the soon to be death of impact wrestling Empty Re: the soon to be death of impact wrestling

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:44 am

I could be wrong but I don't think tna pays for rampage or Ortiz

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

the soon to be death of impact wrestling Empty Re: the soon to be death of impact wrestling

Post by Deleted1 Mon 23 Sep 2013, 9:16 am

They don't. Bellator does

Deleted1

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 23 Sep 2013, 9:16 am

I would guess that Jackson costs TNA something as he was announced as being on a dual TNA/Bellator (Bellator) contract. Ortiz is only there to promote Bellator so would almost certainly wouldn't be paid by TNA.

Signing Jeff Hardy and RVD were good ideas. They were considered to be two of the hottest free agents at the time, but for whatever reasons they didn't/haven't made a difference.

Crips has said before that it doesn't matter how good or bad the product is, the same people keep watching. That seems to be the best way to sum TNA up.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Mon 23 Sep 2013, 10:22 am

Apart from the intial spike in ratings when Hogan started they have been getting the same if not lower viewing figures. Its a shame because there were some great matches before Hogan/bischoff arrived, loved the Wolfe/Angle Feud.

In fact was Hogan arriving what killed Desmond Wolfe career?(apart from Health related factor)

.....bellator

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 04 Oct 2013, 2:44 pm

Well, it looks as though Hogan is on his way out, so it will be interesting to see where they go from here...

For me, at least part of the problem is they focus far too much on one event/story at a time, to the detriment of everything else (namely the heavyweight scene).

This means when they have to fill a 2-hour show or whatever, with tag matches, X Division or Knockout matches, the viewers don't really care as they'll have seen very little of them previously.

If you don't give the rest of your talent decent exposure and time for stories and feuds to develop, you can't expect the audience to buy into / invest much feeling in their matches.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down