The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora - looking to the future

+5
Steffan
catchweight
hampo17
Strongback
Adam D
9 posters

Go down

Chisora - looking to the future Empty Chisora - looking to the future

Post by Adam D Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:52 pm

http://v2journal.com/16/post/2013/09/chisora-looking-to-the-future.html
Chisora - looking to the future 6372624

by John Hoolan

On Saturday evening at The Copper Box in London, Dereck Chisora can take a huge step towards having another shot at the world title when he fights Edmund Gerber in a 12 round fight for the vacant European Heavyweight Title. First he wants a rematch with the winner of the Haye Vs Fury fight – (he has fought them both).

Gerber is a 25 year old German with a record of 24 fights, 23 wins (14 KO) and 1 loss. His one loss coming to Michael Sprott in Dec last year. 

Despite his apparent lack of experience vs Chisora’s he is full of confidence - “Chisora only knows one gear. The key to beating him is simple: impress him with your punching power and looseness. Over the rounds, he then will run out of ideas. And when he starts risking too much, I will knock his lights out. I feel more than ready and want to take the next step in my career. This is the chance I have been waiting for. Now it is time to take this big opportunity. My whole team is confident that I will beat Chisora and so am I.” 

On the likely hostile atmosphere he is likely to feel from the London crowd - “I will take no notice of them. In fact, they can boo me as loud as they want. At the end of it all, it will be me who will be holding the European belt and it will be the crowd who will be stunned into silence.”

Chisora is the Jekyll and hyde character of world boxing the man that has spat at one Klitschko and slapped another, and was supposed to have fought Deontay Wilder back in June before Wilder’s past caught up with him and he was denied a visa. He has been to anger management classes while his British licence was suspended and as a result was given it back.

His record reads 21 fights, 17 wins (11 KOs) with 4 losses. He has been in the ring with Haye, Fury, Helenius, Vitali Klitschko and top contender Malik Scott. He has a whole wealth of experience and has fought some of the best heavyweights around, a lesson some others could learn if they want credibility.

Dereck Chisora: "Beating Gerber is another step closer to the Klitschko brothers and nothing is going to stop me winning the European title. I'm fit, lean and mean and ready to do the business against Gerber who is a good fighter, but not in my class. I really want to do a great job on him, really smash him up and show that I deserve a shot at the Klitschkos."

However the Klitschkos may have to wait. Chisora: "To be honest with you, and people shouldn't take this the wrong way, but I think there are better fights in Great Britain than us [Haye, Fury, Chisora] going to challenge for the world title, There's a good mix with Tyson Fury, David Haye and myself. It's alright boxing for the world title and everybody just trying to go and dance with the K2 promotions music. 

Let's do our own thing and when they're ready to give up the titles then people can fight for those world titles. Fighters are making money when they're not in world title fights. Why should I say I want to box for a world title when the Klitschkos are trying to slave you for the world titles you're fighting for. 

I don't like those guys the more I talk about them the more I get upset."

Whoever Chisora fights next, he must concentrate on tonight as the European Title is a sought after belt and is seen as one worth having by future title challengers. His previous attempt at winning this belt resulting in him being robbed by a hometown decision Vs Helenius, who doesn’t seem to have moved onwards with his career, although some injuries haven’t helped.

I hope the fighter that fought Klitschko turns up tonight and not the fighter who fought Avila at Rule Britannia in April. That fighter will lose tonight and another loss on Chisora’s record could result in him becoming another journeyman and never really fulfilling his ambition or utilising his immense talent.

My feelings are that he will have too much power and experience for Gerber and will grind him down to win by stoppage around the 6th or 7th round.

I wish them both well...

http://v2journal.com/16/post/2013/09/chisora-looking-to-the-future.html

http://v2journal.com/16/post/2013/09/interview-with-tyson-and-peter-fury.html

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Chisora - looking to the future Empty Re: Chisora - looking to the future

Post by Strongback Mon 23 Sep 2013, 9:36 pm

Good prediction on the stoppage.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 23 Sep 2013, 9:40 pm

Good article, I spoke to Don Charles earlier about a rematch with Fury, this is what he said:

Hi Paul,yes ofcourse,on two conditions,1)if the money is substantial ?and 2)if the proposed date fits our plans?.i personally 
think it's the most natural fight out there,that would automatically capture the general publics imagination!!!....Take 
care...DC

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 23 Sep 2013, 9:42 pm

I dont think he will be on the Klitschkos radar and Haye wont be giving him a rematch unless he can show it would make a big PPV fight. Fury would be a good option for both fighters presuming Fury loses to Haye.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 23 Sep 2013, 9:44 pm

Chisora v Price?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 23 Sep 2013, 9:55 pm

It will be a while a while before Price fights anyone who will hit him back Id say. He is a 3 round fighter that doesnt really have the stomach for it.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 23 Sep 2013, 9:58 pm

Chisora walks Price down, mid fight KO. But is it worth anything for Chisora? Price is on a two-fight losing streak... I think Thompson-Fury makes more sense for Delboy.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 23 Sep 2013, 10:05 pm

Price would ko Chisora if del boy tried to walk him down.

Say what you like about Price, he may lack confidence, stamina and a reliable chin but if he lands that right hand........goodnight.

Price v Chisora for me is a good match up for Price. Chisora is not a massive threat to him but will come to fight perfect opportunity for Price to silence some critics.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 23 Sep 2013, 10:07 pm

What a difference a a few months makes! Right before Thompson I Chisora was a pointless walk over, a sideways step for Price.

Although Chisora's style is a difficult one for Price, I think Chisora would have to be on 100% top form to topple him. I've always stuck up for Del, don't think he's overrated, don't think his record does him justice, but Price is still a seriously powerful guy and a competent boxer when he uses his brain. Maybe if Chisora had the one punch bomb to immediately turn things around I'd have everybody else's confidence he walks over Price, but he doesn't.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 23 Sep 2013, 10:12 pm

Probably overstated it when I said walk down, but I still think that a fast paced fight ends one way.

Im with Az on Price tbh, beat a few tomato cans with that howitzer, but Im not sure I buy any assertions about his boxing skills... An olympic medal in The SuperHeavyweight division is usually used to prop up his boxing skills, but a SHW title is a bit like winning gold in commonwealth Bowls ..
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 23 Sep 2013, 10:19 pm

I dont Chisora would need a one punch knock out to win against Price. Tony Thompson isnt much of a swarmer and after a couple of rounds he was pushing Price all over the place. Price is pretty rubbish to be honest. A big right hand but no stamina, or tougness and now no confidence. He was exposed by Thompson.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 23 Sep 2013, 10:23 pm

Price doesn't have the experience to beat Chisora.

Price needs a few proper fights were he can build experience and confidence. Chisora is way too dangerous.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 23 Sep 2013, 10:47 pm

If Thompsons "bombs" can KO Price, then I imagine Chisora can, Price has a chance to land the right hand though and we never know he may actually be able to box well for 12 rounds, however its clear Chisora can fight at a high pace for 12 rounds when in shape, Price doesn't seem able to.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 23 Sep 2013, 10:58 pm

What is the point of Price taking a few gimmies before stepping up again??

He may have overstepped the mark by taking on Thompson but he is way down the pecking order now of H/W prospects. A few months before Price-Thompson 1 Price, Fury, Wilder, Povitkin, and Pulev were all spoken of in the same sentence not any more Price is out of the picture.

Price should look to take on Chisora if he is serious. For 1 its a domestic fight that will no doubt make noise thanks to the antics of Chisora and its a fight that Price can win on the outside if he ever learns to work the jab and movement. I would not advise Price to go out a throw that big right hand from round 1 but to go out and box and show az and co what he can do. Price needs to man up but I still think he has the tools.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 23 Sep 2013, 11:03 pm

and what is it exactly that he can do?
Dart in and out?
swarm?
Shoulder roll?
Four-punch combo?
Get on his bike?
Rally on late in a fight?

Sorry, mate but Price has shown his wares already, I dont think his locker has anything more than that?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 23 Sep 2013, 11:06 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:What is the point of Price taking a few gimmies before stepping up again??

He may have overstepped the mark by taking on Thompson but he is way down the pecking order now of H/W prospects. A few months before Price-Thompson 1 Price, Fury, Wilder, Povitkin, and Pulev were all spoken of in the same sentence not any more Price is out of the picture.

Price should look to take on Chisora if he is serious. For 1 its a domestic fight that will no doubt make noise thanks to the antics of Chisora and its a fight that Price can win on the outside if he ever learns to work the jab and movement. I would not advise Price to go out a throw that big right hand from round 1 but to go out and box and show az and co what he can do. Price needs to man up but I still think he has the tools.
Bit of an "if" dont you think? You could apply that to any of the duff oversized heavyweights out there.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 23 Sep 2013, 11:08 pm

Well thats what training camps are for raf.

Price can learn its not that he is incapable of changing its more a mental issue. I don't expect him to turn into SRL overnight but he has the reach and power to trouble anyone.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 23 Sep 2013, 11:10 pm

Price KO Ken Norton R1

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down