The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presentation Over Quality

5 posters

Go down

Presentation Over Quality Empty Presentation Over Quality

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 12:44 am

Heres a quick one for people, say you had a player who's style of tennis was a little dull, as in something like overly long rallies and no real weapons, but his stroke production was absolutely beautiful.

Think something like Grannolers fused with Gasquet, what would you think? Would you like to watch them?

Its an odd thing how often the "pretty" players are often the most attacking. Can anything think of a player like the above?

Back to top Go down

Presentation Over Quality Empty Re: Presentation Over Quality

Post by CAS Fri 27 Sep 2013, 12:47 am

Nishikori? Think he looks good playing but there isn't much in his ground strokes or serve KMPH wise

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 12:49 am

Had a think and I came up with Robredo as the closest thing. A grinder but a lovely backhand stroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Fri 27 Sep 2013, 4:18 pm

Both good shouts. Robredo does have a sledgehammer of a forehand when he tees off, though. Nish has amazing racket speed through his forehand but lacks the physicality.

Oddly, I always think of Djokovic when it comes to topics like this. Although he doesn't quite fit the bill (he has weapons galore!), he does tend to wait it out at the back against the top guys, and his strokes are absolutely marvelous. The serve and backhand in particular - I enjoy watching him a lot.

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Fri 27 Sep 2013, 4:44 pm

So we are looking for a stylish defensive grinder. Does Gasquet himself not fit the bill - at least until recently? Often spends his time camped way behind the baseline playing endless rallies. He has weapons but has often been guilty of failing to use them.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri 27 Sep 2013, 11:13 pm

On a related subject, how on earth has Simon got a 5-2 winning record over Berdych?

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 28 Sep 2013, 6:29 am

David Goffin will win this case handsomely, such a talent but there is no brute force in it, n I don't think so he would ever become a hulk to match the hulk of a talent.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 28 Sep 2013, 6:32 am

banbrotam wrote:On a related subject, how on earth has Simon got a 5-2 winning record over Berdych?
Simon has this naggy attitude of boring down attacking players to submission, Berydych many occasion might have just gifted the match just coz he might be too bored to play 100 stroke rally.

I once remember watching Monfil vs Simon Giles , both put the ball back on the centre of the court and neither tried to attack for like 50 passes up the net, eventually Monfils got tired and netted the ball, the worst tennis I ever saw.thumbsdown 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down