The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia in India

+12
Duty281
Gerry SA
sirfredperry
dummy_half
Mike Selig
alfie
ShankyCricket
Shelsey93
Fists of Fury
msp83
subhranshu.kumar.5
KP_fan
16 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Australia in India - Page 6 Empty Australia in India

Post by KP_fan Mon 30 Sep 2013, 8:14 am

First topic message reminder :

Srinivasan stays....puts his own men is the big event that will have it's impact on Indian and global cricket.
meanwhile Indian squad for the ODIs vs. Aus is announced.

the only noteworthy change is the return of Yuvraj....who will most likely play instead of Dinesh Kaarthik....who should have no complains at being dropped.
he blew so many chances of establishing himself as an India regular......his international career is over  from what I can see.
Yadav is not in the squad...I hope he has not picked an injury....and it's a case of preserving him for test matches.....whihc would be a wise move.
Shami ahmed should be the first choice 3rd seamer in that case

Squad: MS Dhoni (capt), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ishant Sharma, Vinay Kumar, Amit Mishra, Ambati Rayudu, Mohammed Shami, Jaydev Unadkat

Last edited by KP_fan on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Australia in India - Page 6 Empty Re: Australia in India

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 4:42 pm

India lost...Ishant should be immediately removed from all formats of Indian team.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 4:48 pm

Only 30 of that Ishant Sharma over. Brilliant hitting from Faulkner.
Ashwin delaying the end with a 4 run over. Australia need 9 of the last over and its Vinay Kumar.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 4:50 pm

Australia won!!!! Congratulation to Aussies side.
For Indians Kick Ishant out...
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 4:54 pm

Faulkner finishes it with 3 balls remaining. 64 not out for him, a fabulous knock under pressure.
The Indian batting other than Dhoni and Kohli was poor, and other than Jadeja and Bhuvneshwar Kumar, the bowling was rather substandard. But I hope the one major positive from this game will be that Ishant Sharma will never be seen in an India ODI outfit!!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 4:55 pm

msp83 wrote:Faulkner finishes it with 3 balls remaining. 64 not out for him, a fabulous knock under pressure.
The Indian batting other than Dhoni and Kohli was poor, and other than Jadeja and Bhuvneshwar Kumar, the bowling was rather substandard. But I hope the one major positive from this game will be that Ishant Sharma will never be seen in an India ODI outfit!!.
Why only ODI but also from other two formats. He should be kicked out.picard 
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 5:04 pm

Ishant does not deserve to be a cricketer, Worst fielder, Don't know how to bat and calling him a bowler will be an insult to cricket.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 5:10 pm

You could very easily be describing Jade Dernbach there as well.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 5:16 pm

In the champions trophy also he got that two wickets not because of his talent, but it was luck.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:26 pm

He has been living of past glories, in fact that one fine spell to ponting. He has been very lucky to play 51 test matches, the lack of good quality options helping him, as he was considered a big potential with good attributes for a quick bowler.
Like the other Sharma in the side, Ishant too has been carried in the side for 7 years now, but unlike Rohit, Ishant hasn't started delivering even basic performances even now, so enough is enough, it is time for the selectors to cut their losses.
I don't see Jaydev Unadkat, Mohammed Shami or Mohit Sharma producing earth-shattering performances with the ball, but they can't be worse than Ishant, and any of them would be better than him in this awful form.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sat 19 Oct 2013, 8:27 pm

the failure for India so far in the series.......Yuvraj, Raina, Ishant and ashwin
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 8:34 pm

Vinay Kumar too hasn't done anything much of note, KPF. He has taken a couple of wickets today and didn't travel as much as he did in the last 2 games, but again he hasn't really looked convincing.
When's the squad for the next stage of the series scheduled for?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 19 Oct 2013, 8:39 pm

picard picard picard picard 

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 20 Oct 2013, 3:58 pm

Terrible from the selectors. The same squad retained for the remaining ODIs in the series, meaning Ishant Sharma is still there in the squad. Given Dhoni's approach with senior players in the squad Ishant will play at least the next couple of games and perhaps the entire series. Hopeless, utterly hopeless!. Was expecting something better from Sandeep Patil.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013-14/content/current/story/680829.html

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sun 20 Oct 2013, 8:55 pm

This decision is even worse than the over he bowled.. picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard 

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 20 Oct 2013, 9:11 pm

msp83 wrote:Terrible from the selectors. The same squad retained for the remaining ODIs in the series, meaning Ishant Sharma is still there in the squad. Given Dhoni's approach with senior players in the squad Ishant will play at least the next couple of games and perhaps the entire series. Hopeless, utterly hopeless!. Was expecting something better from Sandeep Patil.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013-14/content/current/story/680829.html

i told you what we wish here means nothing....Ishant is in the core 10...and not in the 5 variables Smile
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sun 20 Oct 2013, 9:55 pm

KP_fan wrote:
msp83 wrote:Terrible from the selectors. The same squad retained for the remaining ODIs in the series, meaning Ishant Sharma is still there in the squad. Given Dhoni's approach with senior players in the squad Ishant will play at least the next couple of games and perhaps the entire series. Hopeless, utterly hopeless!. Was expecting something better from Sandeep Patil.
i told you what we wish here means nothing....Ishant is in the core 10...and not in the 5 variables Smile
Lets hope he has a few more AWFUL games so that the selectors are forced to give in.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 21 Oct 2013, 4:19 pm

Its up to the Australian batsmen to save us. Clobber Ishant and save Team India!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 22 Oct 2013, 9:32 am

Blimey : you fellows are really out to get Ishant aren't you Smile 

Yes I do tend to agree he is still dining out on that excellent spell to Ponting , and has never established a consistent record despite the odd good match. His time must be getting close to up...

However I actually thought he was bowling quite well early in this match...obviously that horrendous last over rather overshadowed everything else. I didn't stay up to see it ; but although it can be very hard to stop a frenzied batsman with a modern superbat under these new ODI rules it really does seem he must have lost it completely!
Do you drop a man for one horrible over ? Given he hasn't -as we've agreed - a lot of credit left I suppose you can...but do the selectors rate the alternatives ?

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 22 Oct 2013, 10:27 am

alfie wrote:Blimey : you fellows are really out to get Ishant aren't you Smile 

Yes I do tend to agree he is still dining out on that excellent spell to Ponting , and has never established a consistent record despite the odd good match.  His time must be getting close to up...

However I actually thought he was bowling quite well early in this match...obviously that horrendous last over rather overshadowed everything else.  I didn't stay up to see it ; but although it can be very hard to stop a frenzied batsman with a modern superbat under these new ODI rules it really does seem he must have lost it completely!
Do you drop a man for one horrible over ?  Given he hasn't -as we've agreed - a lot of credit left I suppose you can...but do the selectors rate the alternatives ?
Alfie it was not just that one over, absolutely horrendous though it was. Ishant travelled the most in the T-20I game, though anyone can have a horrer day in a T-20I in particular. But he continued to clock up the distance, did pretty much the same in the 2nd game, and after an uncharacteristic good start, quickly rectified it all with a brilliant last over.
And he has never done all that well in ODI cricket and his career record is nothing to write home about. He's a top class international liability for Team India. But they are used to carrying passengers and this deadweight will cling on for some time.
The concern about alternatives is one thing that seems to have held the selectors back, besides the much touted potential of Ishant. But unlike the other Sharma who used to be another horrible passenger, Ishant isn't showing any signs of repaying the faith of the team management and the selectors.
The 2 test openers, Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir got an extended rope partly because the selectors were not too confident about the alternatives. But when Vijay and then Dhawan were given a chance, they really took it.
Unadkat and Shami did alright in Zimbabwe, Ishwar Pandey, Sandeep Sharma, Siddarth Kaul and Dawal Kulkarni, all have potential though none of them seem to be world beaters (I do have high hopes of Sandeep Sharma, but he needs more experience on the flat monsters to evolve into a better international material). . Then there are Praveen Kumar and Irfan Pathan. PK offeres a lot more with the new ball in particular than Ishant does, and slog a few runs if needed. Pathan is a good lower order batsman, and he can't be any worse than Ishant with the ball. And the selectors seemed to have left out Umesh Yadav as they were concerned about his economy rate, Yadave at least has pace, and thus could be more useful than Ishant who has anyways been traveling to test the length and breadth of cricket grounds in India.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:22 am

So India finally made changes to their lacklustre seam bowling in the 4th ODI.

The changes have certainly worked.

Unadkat and Shami came in off the very rubbish Ishant and the rather unlucky B Kumar.

Unadkat and Shami bowled a lot fuller and are troubling the Aussies. Shami is bowling quickly as well 140kph+

Then Vinay Kumar comes on bowling slow long hops and getting hammered.

Vinay Kumar is a joke.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:23 am

4th ODI today at MS Dhoni's hometown Ranchi. MS won the toss and put Australia in. India are in with 2 changes. Both surprising in a way. Bhuvneshwar Kumar is dropped and Jaydev Unadkat has come in for him. Unadkat did deserve an opportunity, but very surprised that Bhuvneshwar is dropped. This pitch does have a bit of early life for the seamers, and when there is extra bit of life from the track, Bhuvneshwar is quite a handful. He hasn't taken too many wickets in the series, but always kept his economy rate under 6. R Vinay Kumar, who has been going for plenty, has been retained in the team.
The other surprise is that Ishant Potential Sharma is not playing!!! . After he was retained in the squad, I was putting all hopes on the Australian batsmen to save Team India, but the team management has taken the call themselves!.
Mohammad Shami has come in for Ishant.
Shami has been generating decent speed, bowling close to the 140s rather than 130s regularly. He has taken out Finch, Hughes and Watson in his first spell to leave Australia at 54-3 after 11 overs.
It looked even better for India when the Australians were 40-3 after 10. But Vinay Kumar started off with a 14 run over, throwing a lot of egg on the team management's face for retaining him over Bhuvneshwar.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:29 am

Shami ahemd was in my top-3 seamers on my wishlist....and he has bowled at 88mph and swing it also.

he is clearly the best amongst the non-test playing
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:40 am

Gerry SA wrote:So India finally made changes to their lacklustre seam bowling in the 4th ODI.

Unadkat and Shami came in off the very rubbish Ishant and the rather unlucky B Kumar.

Unadkat and Shami bowled a lot fuller and are troubling the Aussies. Shami is bowling quickly as well 140kph+

Vinay Kumar is a joke.
Prefering Vinay Kumar over Bhuvneshwar is an insult to the game of cricket!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:41 am

By the way Ravichandran Ashwin gets an early wicket in his spell, as he got Voges LBW in his 2nd over. Australia in some trouble at 76-4. Maxwell and Bailey at the crease. That early wicket should help Ashwin restore a bit of confidence.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:49 am

msp83 wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:So India finally made changes to their lacklustre seam bowling in the 4th ODI.

Vinay Kumar is a joke.
Totally agree. B Kumar was fantastic in the CT and deserved to stay in the team.

But looking to the future, India feel free to select Vinay Kumar for the tour to SA Very Happy 

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:58 am

Gerry SA wrote:
msp83 wrote:

Vinay Kumar is a joke.
Totally agree. B Kumar was fantastic in the CT and deserved to stay in the team.

But looking to the future, India feel free to select Vinay Kumar for the tour to SA Very Happy 
Unfortunately, he is likely to make the ODI squad. But Yadav, Bhuvneshwar and fitness and form permitting Zaheer should constitute the test attack.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 11:21 am

Australia rebuilding through Bailey and Maxwell. They are 138-4 after 27. Bailey has been super consistent as an ODI batsman this year. Don't think the kind of players that Australia are using in the test lineup these days really have the class to keep him out of the test side. His FC record may not be the greatest, but he does have a good temperament. Hopefully hel'll make the Australian test squad soon.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 23 Oct 2013, 11:24 am

Geez India must've been keen to make a match of it today.

Dropping George Bailey once is a crime, but to give the Australian skipper to lives is foolhardy.

Bailey making India pay with his third fifty of the series.

As I speak Maxwell has just been dropped at point by Yuvraj.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 11:27 am

The catching has been pretty poor today. The latest drop from Yuvraj as he puts down not the easiest of catches. Poor ball from Unadkat, short and wide, poor shot from Maxwell, and poor fielding from Yuvraj.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 23 Oct 2013, 11:30 am

Maxwell has a lot of critics, but I like what I see. Aggressive. Good player of spin. Brilliant fielder and his bowling is getting better

He could be a very vital player in the next 5/8 years for Australia.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 23 Oct 2013, 11:38 am

msp83 wrote:

Vinay Kumar is a joke.

i agree
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 11:51 am

Having been given 2 lives, George Bailey is really taking full advantage, just one hit away from an ODI hundred.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 23 Oct 2013, 11:58 am

Unfortunate for George Bailey who falls for 98. Excellent innings by the Australian skipper.

Yet another long hop by Vinay Kumar luckily gets him a wicket.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:01 pm

No hundred for George Bailey as the chance he offered on 98 is taken in the deep by Rohit Sharma of Vinay Kumar. Brad Haddin joins Maxwell. Australia 225-5.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:04 pm

I am getting so irritated by this 125 KPH, hamless trash delivered in the name of an Indian seamer. Vinay Kumar is absolute substandard in international cricket.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:06 pm

Jadeja gets Haddin. The next man in is James Faulkner!. Will Dhoni bring Rohit Sharma to have a bowl please!?
Australia 232-6.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:10 pm

Maxwell into the 90s now, with a 6 of Vinay Kumar. Can he get his first ODI ton?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:10 pm

No he can't!. Vinay Kumar gets him LBW for 92.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:13 pm

The 125 KPH military medium pacer had almost bowled a no-ball there!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:25 pm

Dhoni is getting through some overs from Raina here. 7 of them in fact. Australia 251-7 after 45. Raina has bowled well for his 7 overs, but I don't think Dhoni should go to him for more. Faulkner is still there, and Mitch J can certainly smash them about a bit. So 300 is in Australia's reach even now despite Ishant Sharma not playing.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:28 pm

Raina into his 8th over here........

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:30 pm

Australia 264-7 after 47. Faulkner has just warmed-up with a boundary of Raina's last ball. And now Johnson taking Jadeja on.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:32 pm

And another catch put down. The 4th in the innings as Raina drops a sitter from Johnson, of the bowling of Jadeja.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:35 pm

And then Johnson duely slogs away for 6!. With 2 overs to go, Australia are 278-7.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:37 pm

R Ashwin, bowling the 49th over of the innings, picks up Johnson stumped trying to slog. Australia 281-8.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:48 pm

Stop the press!!!. We have a game at last where the first innings hasn't stretched beyond 300!.
Australia finish with 295-8. Mohammed Shami's last over went for 12 runs, but he did show some promise there as he did with the new ball, managing to hit a very good length for majority of the over. There was one short ball that went for 4, but otherwise he gave no room for Faulkner to launch him big.
This pitch does have some life for the quick bowler with the new ball, so 2295 is a good total here. The dew could affect the bowling side after a while, so the opening overs are going to be crucial. If ShikharDhawan and Rohit Sharma can provide India with a solid opening partnership, they should be able to take on from there.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 2:49 pm

The rain returned as India's chase got underway. It has prevented any further play after India reached 27 without loss after 4.1 overs. It really is chucking down at Ranchi and we'll be lucky to get a completed game in.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 4:15 pm

Match called off.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 23 Oct 2013, 7:23 pm

these slog fest are boring ........and Dhoni's defensive picks of Vinay Kumar types is hurting interests further
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 30 Oct 2013, 7:46 am

The 6th ODI is about to start. India have won the toss and are bowling. Couple of changes for them, R Vinay Kumar is at last dropped and Bhuvneshwar Kumar, who was somewhat surprising dropped for the previous game is back. More interestingly, Jaydev Unadkat is dropped after playing only 1 game in the series and Amit Mishra is being given an opportunity. This is Mishra's first home ODI in a 10 year career.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next