The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crimson= the new Goldberg

+3
Th3Ch0s3n1
Kay Fabe
hockeyking0011
7 posters

Go down

Crimson= the new Goldberg Empty Crimson= the new Goldberg

Post by hockeyking0011 Fri 13 May - 17:23

Does any one get the impression TNA/Impact Wrestling are trying to build Crimson up to be a new Goldberg type character??

Seem to be a lot of signs pointing that way- Tenay and Tazz making BIG deal of his unbeaten run, him starting to use the spear, general Goldberg-esque physique. . .

Also if they do build him up to be as such how would you view it??

hockeyking0011

Back to top Go down

Crimson= the new Goldberg Empty Re: Crimson= the new Goldberg

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 13 May - 17:45

If the do try it then they have chosen the wrong guy IMO, 2/3 weeks ago he attemped a run in and looked more awkward that Zack Gowan, Goldberg was big and strong but he was also a great athlete and very mobile, that allowed him to be so intense because he could be so explosive

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Th3Ch0s3n1 Sat 14 May - 17:53

Would be interesting as long as the "streak" doesn't get too out of control like goldbergs did, but like "the-gaffer" said i guess he has a few things to work on before a legitimate comparison can be made.

Th3Ch0s3n1

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sun 15 May - 0:37

The problem is that Crimson doesn't have the look of a new Goldberg. Goldberg worked because he had the legitimate NFL background and could draw on this and his intensity. Crimson's look doesn't stand out.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Sun 15 May - 20:24

If he can work on being more intense and explosive, as others have said, he could have a believable run of being unbeaten. He's not as thickly built as Goldberg was, but he still looks like a legitimate badass. I think at some point, he needs to beat Scott Steiner, in a teacher vs pupil kinda way (Taz and Tenay emphasised his "training" by Big Poppa Pump, so a match seems logical. If they book it right, and don't have him going over established wrestlers too soon (going over Joe and Abyss was a mistake at this point I think), he could very well be the next "streak" wrestler. I think it should be Joe who ends it in about a years' time as Joe has the 18 month streak. Either that, or have him beat Joe going into the 19th month to really put Crimson over. Just depends on whether Russo has the patience....

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun 15 May - 23:28

He looks like Mick Hucknall roided up. This guy couldn't draw a dime

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Mon 16 May - 0:06

Brady12 wrote:He looks like Mick Hucknall roided up. This guy couldn't draw a dime

A lot of people said Stunning Steve Austin wouldn't draw...and Rocky Maivia...and Mean Mark Callous...and Blue Blood Hunter Hearst Helmsley...and Isaac Yankem...and Cactus Jack...and Leon d'Oro......my point is, it's far too early to tell, and given the right gimmick, anybody can draw.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 16 May - 0:14

Aaronb33 wrote:
Brady12 wrote:He looks like Mick Hucknall roided up. This guy couldn't draw a dime

A lot of people said Stunning Steve Austin wouldn't draw...and Rocky Maivia...and Mean Mark Callous...and Blue Blood Hunter Hearst Helmsley...and Isaac Yankem...and Cactus Jack...and Leon d'Oro......my point is, it's far too early to tell, and given the right gimmick, anybody can draw.

Given the right gimmick anyone can draw? What? Don't agree the talent gets over not the gimmick

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 16 May - 0:21

Brady12 wrote:
Aaronb33 wrote:

Given the right gimmick anyone can draw? What? Don't agree the talent gets over not the gimmick

John Cena?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Mon 16 May - 0:46

Brady12 wrote:
Aaronb33 wrote:

Hogan? Cena? Warrior? Shockmaster?....oh, wait...

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down