The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India-South Africa Tour in Danger

+6
KP_fan
Duty281
Shelsey93
Mike Selig
kingraf
subhranshu.kumar.5
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

India-South Africa Tour in Danger - Page 2 Empty India-South Africa Tour in Danger

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:02 am

First topic message reminder :

Every one expected, after AGM on 29 September, BCCI will open its grounds on the scheduled SA tour. But even after five days there is no sign of any progress. Rather Patel(BCCI Secretary) has said that they are waiting, and SA has broken the protocols by announcing the schedule alone. http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/676475.html
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

India-South Africa Tour in Danger - Page 2 Empty Re: India-South Africa Tour in Danger

Post by kingraf Sun 20 Oct 2013, 8:15 pm

Winningest is my favourite Americanism. My only Americanism really. Therefore I use it any opportunity.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

India-South Africa Tour in Danger - Page 2 Empty Re: India-South Africa Tour in Danger

Post by ShankyCricket Sun 20 Oct 2013, 8:38 pm

Duty281 wrote:The gap between England and South Africa isn't that big. I hate excuses, but it's clear that with an England camp divided, England were nowhere near full strength for last summer. Can't wait till we play South Africa again, either home or away.

Only lost 2 Test series since the spring of 2009 have England - one against South Africa which was England's lowest point for three years, and one in the UAE, where South Africa are currently losing.

The gap - not that wide. England are better than South Africa in some areas, South Africa are better in some areas.
I'd wager that England are less likely to win a Test series against South Africa than India are to win in England.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 20 Oct 2013, 9:25 pm

Well I wouldn't take that bet.

England have beaten India in 6 of the last 8 Tests between the nations - some of the margins in those have been crushing and totally humiliating for Indian cricket.

True, South Africa have beaten England in England with some excellent performances, but they couldn't triumph against England in South Africa.

A full strength England against a full strength South Africa in a 5 Test series would go right down to the wire - wherever it was played. Frustratingly, such a series won't happen for a while - it's Australia this winter and India next summer for England. They're both series' that England don't actually need, because victory in both of them (which should be attained by a rather comfortable margin) wouldn't actually prove anything for England.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 20 Oct 2013, 9:46 pm

Are we playing who's dad is bigger than who's dad again?

Each teams record against individual opponents has no relevance to other nations. Comparing what one team did in India or Pakistan vs a different team has no bearing, teams have historical records, it iswhat it is, only the now matters.

Pakistan is leading SA 1-0, it was a poor test for SA and Pakistan exploited their underpreparedness (if there is such a word)

It is what it is.

As far as the India tour to SA is concerned, I think it is pathetic that personal issues between administrators are influencing tour iteniraries.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 20 Oct 2013, 10:15 pm

Just pointing out some facts.

England lost 3-0 to Pakistan in UAE, admittedly after throwing 2 tests away.

That looks bad for England, but seeing how the current no.1 team are also struggling out there...well it makes it look better from an England perspective.

Almost confirmation if you will - yes, the UAE is a very difficult place to go to, especially if you haven't come prepared.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon 21 Oct 2013, 7:09 pm

good news that the tour will defnitely go ahead.

Hold your breath....CSA has suspended Lorgat pending inquiry Shocked 

I did expect that BCCI will make them rub a bit of nose on the ground....but whoa maan...this is unbelievable.

watch out Richardson of ICC...he has been making some negative statments in the press about BCCI

Last edited by KP_fan on Mon 21 Oct 2013, 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 21 Oct 2013, 7:33 pm

Lorgat has been suspended from taking up any ICC related and India related responsibilities at the CSA, he would carry on with other functions. It seems many other members joined the BCCI in opposing Lorgat in the recent ICC meet.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-india-2013-14/content/story/681123.html

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Mon 21 Oct 2013, 8:15 pm

I do not think the BCCI's offer had anything to do with cricketing reasons. I don't believe the BCCI care about anything cricket-related, beyond making money and having power.

This latest move simply beggars belief.

msp83 wrote:It seems many other members joined the BCCI in opposing Lorgat in the recent ICC meet.
To paraphrase a well-worn phrase, they would do that wouldn't they?

I really really wish either someone would grow a pair, or the BCCI would behave in a slightly responsible manner. At the moment either option seems a long way off.

With international cricket being so governed by vested interests (this applies to everyone BTW) and at times outright pettiness, I am becoming more and more turned off by the cricket on my TV. It is getting to the stage where, like football, I simply don't care for it anymore. Conversely I have taken great pleasure in watching more low level (but sometimes equally interesting, indeed more so because often more varied and unpredictable) games on the county circuit and other international games. I am for example looking forward far more to the WT20 qualifiers than the ashes. Crazy, I know.

As a word of caution to the BCCI, they should be a bit wary. People have long memories, and some people bear grudges. They won't always be in a position of control...

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue 22 Oct 2013, 11:32 am

this is the 2nd coup in "foreign countries" that BCCI has managed.

The first one was the re-voting for th Player's association rep siva vs. May.....when the vote was tied and Darren Sammy refused to change his  vote.......BCCI got Sammy replaced as a captain with their CSK boy Bravo.....at a time where there was no immediate need to name a change of captain.

It is heard that KP is not too happy at the prospect of Flower being  promoted to replace Morris in ECB management...and has rung up Srinivasan for intervention Very Happy 

Given that KP is one of the highest profile vocal supporters of Srinivasan's beloved child i.e IPL.......it is also reported Srinivasan has agreed to look into the matter Very Happy
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 22 Oct 2013, 2:07 pm

KP_fan wrote:this is the 2nd coup in "foreign countries" that BCCI has managed.

The first one was the re-voting for th Player's association rep siva vs. May.....when the vote was tied and Darren Sammy refused to change his  vote.......BCCI got Sammy replaced as a captain with their CSK boy Bravo.....at a time where there was no immediate need to name a change of captain.

It is heard that KP is not too happy at the prospect of Flower being  promoted to replace Morris in ECB management...and has rung up Srinivasan for intervention Very Happy 

Given that KP is one of the highest profile vocal supporters of Srinivasan's beloved child i.e IPL.......it is also reported Srinivasan has agreed to look into the matter Very Happy
Are you serious on the KP front, KPF?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 23 Oct 2013, 9:44 am

Pretty disappointed that there are only 2 Tests.

Would've preferred to have had 3 Tests and maybe 2 T20s and no ODIs.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon 04 Nov 2013, 7:26 am

SA tried to bring Pak in as a stop gap replcement.
that has been blocked by "some-one" under the guise of legal uncertianities in the pak board
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:54 am

Ticket prices out for Pakistan's tour of S.A. Didn't think Pakistan was going to side with India on this.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:37 am

kingraf wrote:Ticket prices out for Pakistan's tour of S.A. Didn't think Pakistan was going to side with India on this.
so is the Pak tour of SA confirmed ?
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 06 Nov 2013, 4:49 pm

Yes: three ODI's and two T20s. Going to three games myself.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 06 Nov 2013, 6:57 pm

kingraf wrote:Yes: three ODI's and two T20s. Going to three games myself.
2 tests is what i would have preferred ....given that all the above limited over games would take 2 weeks.

two bowling strong sides locking horns in a test match arena is the greatest spectacle
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 07 Nov 2013, 6:24 am

Yeah, but we beat them 3-0 at home earlier this year, and then came back strongly in the UAE, Pakistan aren't on the same plane as us as a Test team, wouldn't be worth the effort. Much closer in ODI (think both home and away series' have ended 3-2, while the current one is 2-1, with two games to go).
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2