The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cueto's salary cap comments

+19
BigTrevsbigmac
Bathite
broadlandboy
Sgt_Pooly
Tiger/Chief
yappysnap
maestegmafia
nathan
HongKongCherry
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
doctor_grey
Hood83
formerly known as Sam
HammerofThunor
LondonTiger
Pm76
Ozzy3213
beshocked
Bathman_in_London
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cueto's salary cap comments - Page 3 Empty Cueto's salary cap comments

Post by Bathman_in_London Fri 04 Oct 2013, 9:33 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/10354187/Mark-Cueto-Premiership-salary-cap-is-being-ignored.html

Well duh.

Potentially connected to that Bath announced the other day that several players had taken pay cuts in return for longer contracts. No names given, but Banahan signed a 5 year contract so I would guess he would be one. This made me think, can/do clubs offer a retirement package? ie No money now but they get a bonus at the end which won't come under the cap?

It would be good if all the salaries etc were open, but I'm not sure that would quell the rumours of sponsors funding etc.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Cueto's salary cap comments - Page 3 Empty Re: Cueto's salary cap comments

Post by maestegmafia Fri 11 Oct 2013, 5:18 pm

Which clubs are based in London??? These days it's just Quins...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 6:23 pm

I think we all know there are not 4 London clubs.  I am sure that is why PropDavid put the word London in quotes.  Methinks his point is the larger London metro area has a much higher cost of living than most other areas of the UK.  

Having a floating salary level is common across many large companies.  And I am sure a lot  of people here are familiar with it.  It uses a flat salary for each level or salary band within the company which is then adjusted based upon cost of living in a city or area.  

In America the NFL does have this floating salary for League employees around the company, but not for players.  The thought process is the athletes/players have greater earning opportunities through making adverts, endorsements, appearances, and so on in the higher cost of living markets markets (ie. New York or Boston compared to Atlanta or Pittsburgh), so salary adjustments are not needed.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed 16 Oct 2013, 1:40 pm

I note that Sarries are not at the cap limit yet: http://www.saracens.com/saracens-unveil-marcelo-bosch/

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3