The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hearn: We'll Make Mitchell vs Mathews.

+7
Izzi
Steffan
wheelchair1991
spencerclarke
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
KingMonkey
hampo17
11 posters

Go down

Hearn: We'll Make Mitchell vs Mathews. Empty Hearn: We'll Make Mitchell vs Mathews.

Post by hampo17 Sun 06 Oct 2013, 11:27 am

Kevin Mitchell once again took the first steps along the road to a world title last night. The West Ham fan, now 35-2 (25) easily dismantled his Mexican opponent, Marco Lopez who is now 23-3 (14). The Mexican displayed the traits that all boxing fans have to come to expect from guys who hail from South America, a durable opponent who comes to fight and goes out on his shield.

The Mexican was under pressure from the first bell, with Mitchell putting on what could be described as a clinic. His accuracy was fantastic, and he seemed to connect with every punch he threw. In comparison, the Mexican hit mostly thin air or his opponents arms. The punch variety from The Londoner baffled Lopez, hooks, uppercuts, straights. It didn’t seem to matter what punch Mitchell threw it landed and it was a quick combination that forced the referee to step in, after Mitchell had put Lopez down twice earlier in the fight.

“I’m getting back to my old ways,” Mitchell told Sky Sports afterwards. “I’m fighting regularly and I’m in the gym keeping busy. I’m enjoying it, I’m happy again.”

Next up for the former world title challenger, who has only lost to Burns and Michael Katsidis in his 25-fight career, could be a clash with fellow Brit Mathews, who currently holds the Commonwealth lightweight title.

“It would be a nice little dance in the park, wouldn’t it?” He replied when asked about Mathews. “There are some good fights out there domestically.”

Promoter Eddie Hearn believes a deal can be done for the fight to take place before the year is out, adding: “”Derry Mathews is the one we want – I know Derry loves a fight. I think we will try and make that for December.”
http://v2journal.com/16/post/2013/10/hearn-well-make-mitchell-vs-matthews.html

Last edited by hampo171 on Sun 06 Oct 2013, 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hearn: We'll Make Mitchell vs Mathews. Empty Re: Hearn: We'll Make Mitchell vs Mathews.

Post by KingMonkey Sun 06 Oct 2013, 11:34 am

If that's in December what on Earth is going on theFroch-Groves bill?

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Hearn: We'll Make Mitchell vs Mathews. Empty Re: Hearn: We'll Make Mitchell vs Mathews.

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 06 Oct 2013, 11:38 am

And if Mathews wins then it means he is genuine world class material and should be fighting Burns and resting comfortabley next to Floyd in the P4P rankings
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun 06 Oct 2013, 11:45 am

I'd look forward to that fight. It's never seeing the distance though is it!? I'd like to hear Mitchell on the podcasts. He must have a fair few stories to tell by now.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 06 Oct 2013, 11:51 am

good domestic fight Mitchell will win it for me

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 06 Oct 2013, 11:59 am

spencerclarke wrote:I'd look forward to that fight. It's never seeing the distance though is it!? I'd like to hear Mitchell on the podcasts. He must have a fair few stories to tell by now.
If you have a translator then you might find out what he's saying on the podcasts. Think Adam and co might need to do a video interview so we can get subtitles on it.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 06 Oct 2013, 12:01 pm

This will be PPV probably. The only way Eddie can make it happen and that...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Sun 06 Oct 2013, 12:10 pm

Steffan wrote:This will be PPV probably. The only way Eddie can make it happen and that...
Sky must be relatively pleased as the two parties have just signed a contract extension. Figures must make sense for the ppv's otherwise he have been on his bike like Khan was. Prefer to get the odd ppv on sky than having to get a sub to boxnation.. Mr google does for the latter.

But anyway, Mitchell to take another licking. Never rated him

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 06 Oct 2013, 12:12 pm

I dont pay for any boxing service thankfully

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 06 Oct 2013, 12:16 pm

I get boxnation for free Very Happy 

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 06 Oct 2013, 12:20 pm

Steffan wrote:I dont pay for any boxing service thankfully
Said like a true Boxing fan thumbsup  Laugh 
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 06 Oct 2013, 12:22 pm

azania wrote:I get boxnation for free Very Happy 
Thought you just read the results online??

Thats a waste of free Boxnation coverage.

Or do you steal it?? Are you a boxnation thief as well as an Oxygen thief??
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 06 Oct 2013, 12:22 pm

To be fair I paid £75 to watch Clev get KTFO so iv done my service this year to boxing Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun 06 Oct 2013, 12:25 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
spencerclarke wrote:I'd look forward to that fight. It's never seeing the distance though is it!? I'd like to hear Mitchell on the podcasts. He must have a fair few stories to tell by now.
If you have a translator then you might find out what he's saying on the podcasts. Think Adam and co might need to do a video interview so we can get subtitles on it.
Haha I was waiting for Union saying that!

Must admit mate I did laugh earlier reading last nights fight thread when you said about betting on the quigg fight. Typical isn't it!?

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 06 Oct 2013, 12:42 pm

I don't find Mitchell that hard to understand. He's a bit of a likable rogue really.

I'd like to see him pull it together and show us what he's really got.

He seems in good mood these days.

He'll do a number on Derry. Derry deserves a better pay day than this. I'm not that keen on him but he's a tough boy and has earned his salt.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 06 Oct 2013, 3:54 pm

I think Mitchell will have a world title before his career finishes

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sun 06 Oct 2013, 3:56 pm

Mitchell to stop him in 6 rounds

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun 06 Oct 2013, 6:03 pm

should be an easy nights work for Mitchell if it happens

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down