The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My driving . . .

5 posters

Go down

My driving . . . Empty My driving . . .

Post by Mercurio Fri 13 May 2011, 11:24 pm

I just can't permanently rid myself of the hook. 5-6 holes a round I hit perfect drives and get my par, but my rounds are being blown away from uninvited hooks.

I'm not asking for advice, I'm just getting beyond frustrated, especially as in January and February I was driving it the best I've ever done off the tee.

The Pro WILL be getting a visit if tomorrow is not good.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

My driving . . . Empty Re: My driving . . .

Post by graeme Sat 14 May 2011, 1:47 am

all i know in these circumstances is "quick hands". i've spent 2 years working on a calm swing and when the duck hook appears it's usually over anxious hands whipping through, just a tiny tad too quick. closes the face and that's it. at least at crail a hook's better than a slice. well, on balcomie at least!

graeme

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Sat 14 May 2011, 4:05 pm

Well, well, well . . .

I visited the Pro and he's changed my left hand on the grip and it appears to have fixed it.

I had the thumb of my left hand going straight down the shaft. He's now made it a lot stronger (turned to the right by about 3/4 of a thumb width) and it felt different but also felt good. The most noticeable change in feeling is that I can now feel the weight of the clubhead more.

The best £30 I've spent for a while.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 14 May 2011, 4:17 pm

It shows why you can never figure golf out. You are hooking it and strengthen the grip cures it? Just wondering how far to the right of centre is your thumb now?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Sat 14 May 2011, 5:17 pm

The 19th title (Mac) wrote:It shows why you can never figure golf out. You are hooking it and strengthen the grip cures it? Just wondering how far to the right of centre is your thumb now?
It's covers from 12:30 to 3:00, Mac.

The Pro said there's nothing wrong with my swing, other than I sometimes collapse my right-side on my downswing and alignment is sometimes a bit off.

I've always thought the problem was something simple because I felt the rest of my swing was OK.

It appears to have been proven.

I'm very Yahoo

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 14 May 2011, 8:37 pm

Very odd - I suffer from slices and find that strengthening my left hand grips helps that! How can it help both a hook and a slice?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Sat 14 May 2011, 11:55 pm

It's stopped me rolling my right wrist over. To remind you, it's only the left hand grip he's changed - my right hand has remained in the same place, which was the correct neutral position.

I appreciate it's maybe counter-intuitive but he saw my swing for 15 minutes before suggesting it, and it worked almost instantly.

What position do other people have their left hand on the grip?

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sun 15 May 2011, 7:56 pm

Neutral grip with both hands works for me.
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down