The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys V Leinster HC

+38
Gibson
Cari
Trevor40
sheephead
Allty
brennomac
pete (buachaill on eirne)
tecphobe
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
westisbest
Welshmushroom
No9
wales606
VinceWLB
Artful_Dodger
TJ
George Carlin
Golden
Notch
Welsh Magician
The Saint
VietGwentRevisited
bedfordwelsh
profitius
gleesonisgod
asoreleftshoulder
maestegmafia
rodders
Mickado
Hound of Harrow
BlueMuff
LeinsterFan4life
SecretFly
stevetynant
ME-109
wayne
Standulstermen
Jenifer McLadyboy
42 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ospreys V Leinster HC Empty Ospreys V Leinster HC

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 10 Oct 2013, 5:30 pm

Someone had to do it.

Teams at noon tomorrow.

Not to confident traveling to this. Os have a good home record in the comp. Only going down to Sarries. They have a full team and a great record over Leinster in the Rabo.

Be a big deal if we can pull it off

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Ospreys V Leinster HC Empty Re: Ospreys V Leinster HC

Post by Standulstermen Thu 10 Oct 2013, 6:23 pm

Rumours Macken is at 13 for you guys. He is rather good going forward but a bit of liability in defence is he not?

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Thu 10 Oct 2013, 6:57 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Someone had to do it.

Teams at noon tomorrow.

Not to confident traveling to this. Os have a good home record in the comp. Only going down to Sarries. They have a full team and a great record over Leinster in the Rabo.

Be a big deal if we can pull it off
Jen, we are not so good scrum wise, Bevington not up to the mark this season, our forum want the hairbears propping and Hibbard is having problems striking for the ball, we were under the cosh last weekend against Ulster, apart from the first and last scrum they were well on top, Fitzgibbon got most of the scrums wrong, if Ross is up against Bevington you can expect some joy. Bev is fantastic around the field but not at scrum time.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:07 pm

So whats the preference....Goparth or Mads at OH?

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by stevetynant Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:11 pm

From what I read Munster scrummaged Leinster off the park last week with both Ross and Healey playing. I think the Osps will sneak this one - Leinster not looking great up front this year IMO

stevetynant

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:13 pm

Ross is looking shaky this season though Wayne. Hibbard was seriously struggling striking the ball though. The lineout was also a tad rusty although I think they had this sorted by the end. I fancy the Ospreys to just about take this one although if Leinsters backrow shows up then all bets are off

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:49 pm

Standulstermen wrote:Ross is looking shaky this season though Wayne. Hibbard was seriously struggling striking the ball though. The lineout was also a tad rusty although I think they had this sorted by the end. I fancy the Ospreys to just about take this one although if Leinsters backrow shows up then all bets are off
Start a pack with all fit of Jones, Hibbard, Jones, Jones, Evans, R Jones Tipuric, Bearman would fill me with a lot more optimism, than the pack we had out last week, it is only 2 changes, but it will improve the scrum and the organisation of the back row, as well as the lineout. As a former hooker myself who had to strike for the ball, I cann't understand what the problem is, you do not strike on the oppositions put in, on your own put in you get the scrum half to put the ball in, in the middle but only allow the ball to reach your own hookers nearest foot, yes it is still hard, but what isn't in Rugby.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:26 pm

The only positive Leinster can bring is the very real notion that they didn't really mince it with Munster.  They were played off the field but they didn't genuinely seem to have the heart for the old bloodthirsty 'Derby' feud....which was very strange.  Even losing that battle usually demands sweat and vigour but it just wasn't in evidence with Leinster.  It was a lethargic performance.

Were they containing their ambition?  Well, who knows.  I do expect them to fight harder and more creatively though against Ospreys.  Good enough to win?  That's where the betting begins and I exit stage left.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:01 pm

I'm worried that a lot lf the guys are still really rusty because of these rediculous man management rules. Some guys have only played one or two games.

We are usually quit poor in the opening rounds of HC.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:43 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:I'm worried that a lot lf the guys are still really rusty because of these rediculous man management rules. Some guys have only played one or two games.

That's a load of nonsense Munster and ulster in the same boat plus some with the likes bj coming back! Leinsters problem is they have lost sexton neweca the coach and possibly bod with other players like Leo and Darcy reaching the end! Leinster heading for a few years of transition

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:52 pm

I know its the same for Munster and Ulster,which is why I'm worried for Ulster too. Munster have a handy group. So no worries there.

All the provinces are at a disadvatage. The french teams are already 6 or 7 games in. Some of our players are playing their 2nd!

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:52 pm

BlueMuff wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:I'm worried that a lot lf the guys are still really rusty because of these rediculous man management rules. Some guys have only played one or two games.

That's a load of nonsense Munster and ulster in the same boat plus some with the likes bj coming back! Leinsters problem is they have lost sexton neweca the coach and possibly bod with other players like Leo and Darcy reaching the end! Leinster heading for a few years of transition
Unfortunate timing to be starting a transition stage in 2013................. they might have very little, in competition terms, to come back to when the transition is complete.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:57 pm

SecretFly wrote:
BlueMuff wrote:

Unfortunate timing to be starting a transition stage in 2013................. they might have very little, in competition terms, to come back to when the transition is complete.
We can always go back to the interpro's with one man and his dog watching..

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Thu 10 Oct 2013, 11:04 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:I know its the same for Munster and Ulster,which is why I'm worried for Ulster too. Munster have a handy group. So no worries there.

All the provinces are at a disadvatage. The french teams are already 6 or 7 games in. Some of our players are playing their 2nd!
9 games in the T14 so far. But many French teams' attitude towards the HC is questionable. They really go all out at home and then see if their 2nd string can sneak a result away. Watch out for Montpellier this season; they are playing some good stuff.

This game is a tough one to call.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 11 Oct 2013, 9:14 am

Hound of Harrow wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:I know its the same for Munster and Ulster,which is why I'm worried for Ulster too. Munster have a handy group. So no worries there.

9 games in the T14 so far. But many French teams' attitude towards the HC is questionable. They really go all out at home and then see if their 2nd string can sneak a result away. Watch out for Montpellier this season; they are playing some good stuff.

This game is a tough one to call.
Thankfully we play Castres away in round 5, so they could have given up on the competition by that stage (fingers crossed).

Not feeling good about this game either, if we win 3-0 they'll be dancing on the streets of Dublin tomorrow night I tell ya.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 11 Oct 2013, 9:56 am

I agree Lf4l and have raised a similar point with Ulster on the other threads, a lot of our guys have only played 1 or 2 as well. It will be a about nicking the results over the first two weekends for the provinces I think....I can't see them hitting the ground running.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:18 am

I don't think Ospreys and Leinster have ever met in the Heineken cup before...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:22 am

Correct. We played Swansea just before the regions came in. That's it.

Would be happy with a tiny fraction of our winning margin back then.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:31 am

Even when we have won it's been close. Usually incredible games to watch for the impartial fan and nerve racking for the supporters..!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri 11 Oct 2013, 11:16 am

stevetynant wrote:From what I read Munster scrummaged Leinster off the park last week with both Ross and Healey playing. I think the Osps will sneak this one - Leinster not looking great up front this year IMO
That's not what happened in reality but I can see how someone could get that impression.The Leinster scrum was slightly on top for the 1st 60 minutes,both sides gave away a few penalties but anytime a scrum stayed up it was Leinster moving forward.However after 60 miinutes the Munster scrum came alive and destroyed us,I'm not sure what the cause of the turnaround was but I'd say a large part was we had no 2nd row cover on the bench so had a lack of fresh legs to come on to match what Munster could introduce.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 11 Oct 2013, 11:27 am

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
stevetynant wrote:From what I read Munster scrummaged Leinster off the park last week with both Ross and Healey playing. I think the Osps will sneak this one - Leinster not looking great up front this year IMO
That's not what happened in reality but I can see how someone could get that impression.The Leinster scrum was slightly on top for the 1st 60 minutes,both sides gave away a few penalties but anytime a scrum stayed up it was Leinster moving forward.However after 60 miinutes the Munster scrum came alive and destroyed us,I'm not sure what the cause of the turnaround was but I'd say a large part was we had no 2nd row cover on the bench so had a lack of fresh legs to come on to match what Munster could introduce.
Also Both sides changed their front row about 68 mins in. With Botha coming on for Munster, but also renowned th scrumager Doc coming on fresh for them.

They tore us out of it in one of the last scrums.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 11 Oct 2013, 12:04 pm

LEINSTER:
15: Rob Kearney
14: Fergus McFadden
13: Brendan Macken
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Dave Kearney
10: Jimmy Gopperth
9: Isaac Boss
1: Cian Healy
2: Sean Cronin
3: Mike Ross
4: Devin Toner
5: Mike McCarthy
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Sean O'Brien
8: Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN
REPLACEMENTS:
16: Aaron Dundon
17: Jack McGrath
18: Martin Moore
19: Quinn Roux
20: Rhys Ruddock
21: Eoin Reddan
22: Ian Madigan
23: Luke Fitzgerald

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 11 Oct 2013, 12:07 pm

I'm not too happy with Madigan being dropped but the bench looks strong at least...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 11 Oct 2013, 12:21 pm

Him and Fitz to come on and save the day! Fingers Crossed 

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 11 Oct 2013, 12:23 pm

15 Richard Fussell
14 Ben John
13 Andrew Bishop
12 Ashley Beck
11 Eli Walker
10 Dan Biggar
9 Tito Tebaldi

1 Duncan Jones
2 Richard Hibbard
3 Adam Jones
4 Alun Wyn Jones (Capt)
5 James King
6 Ryan Jones
7 Justin Tipuric
8 Joe Bearman

REPLACEMENTS
16 Scott Baldwin
17 Ryan Bevington
18 Aaron Jarvis
19 Tyler Ardron
20 Sam Lewis
21 Tom Habberfield
22 Matthew Morgan
23 Jeff Hassler

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 11 Oct 2013, 12:24 pm

Guess where this is going to be won or lost.

Is that their strongest possible pack? Can't think of anyone else that would improve it.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 11 Oct 2013, 12:25 pm

1 and 5 the only non Lions Sad Did Duncan ever get a Lions tour?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 11 Oct 2013, 12:29 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:1 and 5 the only non Lions :(Did Duncan ever get a Lions tour?
And 8 Jen, in fairness. There's ONLY 5 Lions in that pack, sure the Lions had 8 Lions in their pack and Australia beat them... Can't be that good...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri 11 Oct 2013, 12:31 pm

Madigan not starting is a pity,not really happy about that as Gopperth has looked good going forward but a bit flakey in defense,other than that it's a good side.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by gleesonisgod Fri 11 Oct 2013, 12:33 pm

Kev M, Heaslip, Ross, D'Arcy, all past their sell be date.

gleesonisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 11 Oct 2013, 12:33 pm

Mickado wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:1 and 5 the only non Lions :(Did Duncan ever get a Lions tour?
And 8 Jen, in fairness. There's ONLY 5 Lions in that pack, sure the Lions had 8 Lions in their pack and Australia beat them... Can't be that good...
Sorry meant 8 and 5 with a question on Duncan. Thought he might have snuck into the 156 man squad for 05 without me noticing/remembering.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 11 Oct 2013, 12:38 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:

In the first 60 min Munster won penalties and rightfully so because Healy went down a few times. It wasn't total dominance but Munster were on top. Leinster won a few scrums of their own in that period. Ross and Healy have not gotten up to speed yet IMO. Healy is after a long lay off and Ross looks like age is catching up with him but hard to say.

It should be noted that when these teams met a few weeks back the scrums were even.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 11 Oct 2013, 12:39 pm

I'm sure the IRFU are delighted to see Madigan dropped! Rolling Eyes 
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 11 Oct 2013, 12:43 pm

Am guessing I Evans is injured?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri 11 Oct 2013, 12:45 pm

profitius wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:
In the first 60 min Munster won penalties and rightfully so because Healy went down a few times. It wasn't total dominance but Munster were on top. Leinster won a few scrums of their own in that period. Ross and Healy have not gotten up to speed yet IMO. Healy is after a long lay off and Ross looks like age is catching up with him but hard to say.

It should be noted that when these teams met a few weeks back the scrums were even.
Munster won penalties but so did Leinster and like I said anytime the scrum stayed up it was Leinster that were moving forward,not by a huge amount but enough to say that they were winning the scrum battle until the last 20 when Munster completely dominated.That's the way I saw it anyway.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 11 Oct 2013, 12:46 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Am guessing I Evans is injured?
That's a chink in the armour. Duncan also perhaps.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by VietGwentRevisited Fri 11 Oct 2013, 1:00 pm

I was wondering that, but the official team announcement says:

Ospreys Website wrote:The following players were unavailable for selection through injury:
Dmitri Arhip – Achilles
Hanno Dirksen – Knee
Ross Jones - Ankle
Tom Smith - Knee
Rhys Webb - Knee

VietGwentRevisited

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 11 Oct 2013, 1:35 pm

If Evans has been dropped from the match day squad then that's a big shock surely?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 11 Oct 2013, 2:33 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Jen, James King normally calls our lineout when he is on the pitch, it will not be weakened with that change, and as I told you last night Duncan improves the scrum, the only conditional to that is King doesn't have Ianto's bulk. The final scrum last weekend we smashed Ulster backwards and should have had another penalty was with Duncan on the field.
I'm hoping for a win and expect you to get a LBP.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 11 Oct 2013, 3:58 pm

Duncan Jones has been having a great start to the season and James King is more than admirable, a talented lock who played some big HEC games last year.

Not sure why Ian Evans isn't in the match day squad though?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 11 Oct 2013, 4:06 pm

Even that venomous little rat Andy Howell hasn't speculated anymore than noting Ianto's complete absence.

King has been in great form this season, maybe he has displaced Evans???

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 11 Oct 2013, 4:10 pm

wayne wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Jen, James King normally calls our lineout when he is on the pitch, it will not be weakened with that change, and as I told you last night Duncan improves the scrum, the only conditional to that is King doesn't have Ianto's bulk. The final scrum last weekend we smashed Ulster backwards and should have had another penalty was with Duncan on the field.
So you did. Only seeing that now. Travelling in hope rather than expectation. Suspect you may well be right that we escape happy with a LBP.

Sure we'll get tanked up and contribute to the local economy of Swansea anyway. Not to many of us travelling though I hear. The branch only sold about 500 tix. Add probably well less than that who bought from the Ospreys site.......

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 11 Oct 2013, 4:22 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
wayne wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
So you did. Only seeing that now. Travelling in hope rather than expectation. Suspect you may well be right that we escape happy with a LBP.

Sure we'll get tanked up and contribute to the local economy of Swansea anyway. Not to many of us travelling though I hear. The branch only sold about 500 tix. Add probably well less than that who bought from the Ospreys site.......
Jen, according to somebody in authority on our forum, you only used up about 400 of your allocation, unless some bought through our website, that is a dissapointing figure, we were hoping for a lot more, for revenue and atmosphere.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 11 Oct 2013, 4:32 pm

Oh oh...trouble in paradise...not only is the D4 accent going to disappear
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/d4-dort-accent-will-disappear-after-economic-crisis-says-language-expert-29651950.html
The guys are not even travelling...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 11 Oct 2013, 4:34 pm

I will be a rare and wonderful sight in the fleshpots of Swansea then. Smile 

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 11 Oct 2013, 4:37 pm

ME-109 wrote:Oh oh...trouble in paradise...not only is the D4 accent going to disappear
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/d4-dort-accent-will-disappear-after-economic-crisis-says-language-expert-29651950.html
The gOys are not even travelling...
Smile 

Heard Yerman Terry Dolan on the radio this morning. He used to have a spot on Newstalk. Interesting bloke.

I'd love to see the back of those horrible "R" sounds that everyone under 40 uses too.

Even hear them in Coyrke. (Cork)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 11 Oct 2013, 4:41 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Oh oh...trouble in paradise...not only is the D4 accent going to disappear
The gOys are not even travelling...
Smile 

Heard Yerman Terry Dolan on the radio this morning. He used to have a spot on Newstalk. Interesting bloke.

I'd love to see the back of those horrible "R" sounds that everyone under 40 uses too.

Even hear them in Coyrke. (Cork)
We have enough problems with the Douglas/Rochestown/Cork Con/RCYC crowd.....nasal tones doesn't even go close to explaining the annoying buzzing sensation in your head after hearing a conversation from those langers...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 11 Oct 2013, 4:43 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
wayne wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

Still it's always great that you guys do travel, so few other clubs fans do..! I was at Ospreys vs Saracens at the Liberty and there was barely fifty Saracen fans...

The good fans of Leinster and Munster always bring plenty of support...! Hope it's a great game too.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 12 Oct 2013, 12:34 am

Looks like a pretty good Leinster team. Ryan Jones hasn't played a game this season. While I think he's a great player this move seems risky.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Sat 12 Oct 2013, 11:39 am

The Saint wrote:Looks like a pretty good Leinster team. Ryan Jones hasn't played a game this season. While I think he's a great player this move seems risky.
Yes, he has.

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next