The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well played Connacht

+11
ME-109
VinceWLB
maestegmafia
The Great Aukster
stub
Notch
rodders
Jenifer McLadyboy
flyhalffactory
The Saint
beshocked
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Well played Connacht Empty Well played Connacht

Post by beshocked Sat 12 Oct 2013, 12:05 am

I have been humbled. Connacht fronted up very well. Very nervy ending. I must apologise profusely. Thumbs up and big respect for Connacht from me.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Well played Connacht Empty Re: Well played Connacht

Post by The Saint Sat 12 Oct 2013, 12:09 am

Very gracious of you. I haven't seen the game yet, but I always knew Connacht were going to put up a good fight before Sarries nicked it. Sarries could be a good bet for winning the thing this year.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat 12 Oct 2013, 12:39 am

Both sides contributed to a very good game of rugby, and a draw was probably the fairest result. That's gotta be a great advert for the HC and rugby union in general.

Great stuff
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 12 Oct 2013, 5:12 am

Good man shocked. You have more respect for Connacht. We have more respect for you.

Told you they were hard bastids in Galway.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 12 Oct 2013, 9:42 am

Good man Beshocked! Congratulations to Sarries, and Connacht for fronting up after a poor start to the season.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:32 am

Well done. I'm pretty gutted they still lost, as that was their best chance of a big scalp (I expect them to pick up a win or two against Zebre of course).

They always struggle more with the big packs and big scrummaging sides, so it will be a big ask to get anything off Toulouse home or away.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:34 am

Connacht were amazing and the last few minutes seemed to last forever. Awesome display that I'm sure will make Sarries approach them with caution in the future...

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:36 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Good man shocked. You have more respect for Connacht. We have more respect for you.

Told you they were hard bastids in Galway.
+1

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 12 Oct 2013, 11:08 am

Good on you BS...! They can play a bit of rugby these days.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 12 Oct 2013, 11:12 am

Nice to hear angel 

This game was a reminder of what Hec rugby is all about, passion and intensity, great game.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 11:31 am

What exactly are you apologising for?

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 12 Oct 2013, 12:25 pm

VinceWLB wrote:Nice to hear angel 

This game was a reminder of what Hec rugby is all about, passion and intensity, great game.
+1

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 12 Oct 2013, 12:39 pm

ME-109 wrote:What exactly are you apologising for?
For being your typical, ignorant Franglo I guess.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 12 Oct 2013, 12:59 pm

The Saint wrote:
ME-109 wrote:What exactly are you apologising for?
For being your typical, ignorant Franglo I guess.
Good constructive stuff there!

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 12 Oct 2013, 12:59 pm

Sorry, shouldn't have bitten there.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 12 Oct 2013, 1:02 pm

You're right, you shouldn't have. Beshocked should have though.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 1:30 pm

I am still curious as to why he is apologising. Is it because his team won (is he a Sarries supporter)...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 12 Oct 2013, 2:22 pm

The Saint wrote:You're right, you shouldn't have. Beshocked should have though.
He's been on the boards a bit longer than me. Probably knows when to swerve a mildly provocative comment! Whistle 

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 3:02 pm

He still hasn't come here and explained himself.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 3:06 pm

He's apologising as he has previously been disparaging towards Connacht and questioned whether they should be in the Heineken Cup. It takes a big man to come on and hold his hands up and admit he was wrong, and as others have said, he earns my respect for that.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 3:37 pm

Really...so you think its big of him.

What is he apologising for...Saracens big money backers compared to Connacht? Or just that Connacht played a good game and probably should have won?

Maybe its because of the silly hats Sarries fans wears? Or the soulless atmosphere at their games compared to the other AP teams like Leicester, Saints or Exeter.

Look its all the same we have seen Sarries try to buy their way to the top in the past and were sent packing.

Maybe what he should have done is skulked off into a corner. Because regardless of what he said before to have been denigrating towards another team with a fraction of the budget(s) from teams of other markets shows a complete ignorance and lack of class. To apologise now is just some mealy mouthed attempt to appear to be something he isn't...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 12 Oct 2013, 3:40 pm

chill out dude

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 12 Oct 2013, 3:41 pm

Anyone new to rugby watching the games so far and being told that Edinburgh and Connacht bring nothing to this competition would be rather puzzled by the contradiction he sees.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 12 Oct 2013, 3:45 pm

No I already told you. It's his attitude he's sorry for. The attitude, disrespect and ignorance shown towards a number of Pro12 teams. The attitude is just the general one of the typical Franglo.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 3:47 pm

TJ wrote:chill out dude
I am quite zen thank you.

Just find it curious why we should all be jumping around saying well done big man...if Connacht had got hammered he probably would have been crowing about how it was a waste of time for the galacticos (ahem) of Sarries having to be dragged over to Galway....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 12 Oct 2013, 3:53 pm

ME-109 wrote:Just find it curious why we should all be jumping around saying well done big man...if Connacht had got hammered he probably would have been crowing about how it was a waste of time for the galacticos (ahem) of Sarries having to be dragged over to Galway....
He's not wrong there.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 12 Oct 2013, 4:07 pm

If they actually watched Connacht would have known that despite their many disadvantages they have been very competitive for a long time. Then there would be no need for posts like this one.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 4:14 pm

The Saint wrote:If they actually watched Connacht would have known that despite their many disadvantages they have been very competitive for a long time. Then there would be no need for posts like this one.

You mean if the original waster sorry poster had actually informed himself and not made ignorant remarks in the first place about something he clearly hasn't a clue about he wouldn't have to look like a complete Doh 

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 4:15 pm

Wow. Some of you chaps appear to have some serious issues.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 4:19 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:Wow.  Some of you chaps appear to have some serious issues.
Why do you say that Ozmundo...because we are calling the poster to task...stick to the moderating whatever that is

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 12 Oct 2013, 4:21 pm

Its well OTT the "calling to task" Point made, chap looks a clown. any more is gratuitous

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 4:23 pm

Because beshocked has had the good grace to come out and offer an apology for an opinion, which, however misheld, is one that he is entitled to hold, and you fellas are finding it impossible to just accept that with the same good grace that it was offered.

I would suggest that it says more about you than it does about beshocked to be honest, and is in fact both a little sad, and in now way indicative of most rugby fans that I have met in the flesh.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 12 Oct 2013, 4:23 pm

The Franglo's have been whinging about europe and the pro12 teams for years, yet somehow it's us who have issues.... Wonder how they worked that out. It must have been the same method used to work out that the English and French are at a disadvantage in europe despite having more money and teams...

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 4:24 pm

Saint

That argument has been done to death. If you feel the need to continue it then feel free to pop over to any one of the million threads on it rather than trying to start another argument here.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 12 Oct 2013, 4:27 pm

Oh yeah, cheers Ozzy. I must have somehow overlooked one of the million, gajillion threads on the matter.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by gelodge Sat 12 Oct 2013, 4:36 pm

ME-109 wrote:
TJ wrote:chill out dude
I am quite zen thank you.

Just find it curious why we should all be jumping around saying well done big man...if Connacht had got hammered he probably would have been crowing about how it was a waste of time for the galacticos (ahem) of Sarries having to be dragged over to Galway....
Who's saying that's what you should be doing?  You may not think it's worth anything for someone to admit they're wrong and should just 'skulk off' instead, but clearly a number of people on here feel differently.  Unsurprisingly, the posters who have welcomed the apology are the more genuine and respected ones.

gelodge

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat 12 Oct 2013, 4:39 pm

ME-109 wrote:Really...so you think its big of him.

What is he apologising for...Saracens big money backers compared to Connacht? Or just that Connacht played a good game and probably should have won?

Maybe its because of the silly hats Sarries fans wears? Or the soulless atmosphere at their games compared to the other AP teams like Leicester, Saints or Exeter.
Look its all the same we have seen Sarries try to buy their way to the top in the past and were sent packing.

Maybe what he should have done is skulked off into a corner. Because regardless of what he said before to have been denigrating towards another team with a fraction of the budget(s) from teams of other markets shows a complete ignorance and lack of class. To apologise now is just some mealy mouthed attempt to appear to be something he isn't...
ROOOOOAR Yahoo Yahoo  have to say (before I comment on this person) I have just got back from my bad boys performing so damn good and a famous win against Munster, and great support from the Munster fans and contributed to a wonderful afternoon. Hug 

Have you ever seen a rugby match in your life? ............ how many times have you been to Vicarage Road or have you ever been on away matches with the Sarries........ at least beshocked watches and supports his team helluva lot. Pot calling kettle black you have said exactly the same things about Harlequins and the Scarlets.

I think you need to skulk off in a far off flung corner. We all know exactly what you are
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 4:40 pm

A few more posts now and the English will usually revert to type...the defense of poor beshocked is quite touching really.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 4:42 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:

ROOOOOAR Yahoo Yahoo  have to say (before I comment on this person) I have just got back from my bad boys performing so damn good and a famous win against Munster, and great support from the Munster fans and contributed to a wonderful afternoon. Hug 

Have you ever seen a rugby match in your life? ............ how many times have you been to Vicarage Road or have you ever been on away matches with the Sarries........ at least beshocked watches and supports his team helluva lot. Pot calling kettle black you have said exactly the same things about Harlequins and the Scarlets.

I think you need to skulk off in a far off flung corner. We all know exactly what you are
Have some Haggis Jock it will help your indigestion

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 12 Oct 2013, 4:42 pm

gelodge wrote: Unsurprisingly, the posters who have welcomed the apology are the more genuine and respected ones.
You're right, the Saint was the first to inform beshocked that he was being very gracious.

Hug 

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Sat 12 Oct 2013, 4:54 pm

Me 109 seriously what's your problem? If you don't think highly of me I really couldn't care less. I think it shows a lot about the other posters to not act like yourself and accept my humbling.

I am admitting I was wrong, as I said I would if things didn't go as I thought they would. I have been unfair on Connacht and in my own way trying to make amends for that. I was impressed by the crowd and spirit they showed.

I felt that Connacht had to prove to me their mettle and they did just that. In the end they will feel disappointed not to win but they pushed a side that had not been truly challenged for 80 minutes this season. To come back from 14-3 down took immense strength of character.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 5:00 pm

beshocked wrote:Me 109 seriously what's your problem?  If you don't think highly of me I really couldn't care less. I think it shows a lot about the other posters to not act like yourself and accept my humbling.

I am admitting I was wrong, as I said I would if things didn't go as I thought they would. I have been unfair on Connacht and in my own way trying to make amends for that.  I was impressed by the crowd and spirit they showed.

I felt that Connacht had to prove to me their mettle and they did just that. In the end they will feel disappointed not to win but they pushed a side that had not been truly challenged for 80 minutes this season. To come back from 14-3 down took immense strength of character.
I think most people agree that the last thing Connacht have to do is prove anything to you. Your condescension is hilarious and is typical. I have no idea who you are but I was interested in your post. This post just confirmed it.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Sat 12 Oct 2013, 5:02 pm

Flyhalffactory Sounds like well played Edinburgh are in order too. Didn't see that match but to beat Munster is an excellent feat. I have criticised them quite a bit too.

The Pro12 teams lower down the Pro12 table seem to be really sending out a message!

Well done. No better time to do it than now. More humble pie probably waiting in the fridge.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 12 Oct 2013, 5:04 pm

ME 109 - do us a favour and shut up.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Sat 12 Oct 2013, 5:07 pm

Me 109 well actually they did need to prove to me that my perception of them was wrong. Condescending to admit one is wrong?

They showed they are a better side than I gave them credit for.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat 12 Oct 2013, 5:19 pm

ME-109 wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:

Have some Haggis Jock it will help your indigestion
Would you like to tell me to my face laddy?
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 5:22 pm

beshocked wrote:Me 109 well actually they did need to prove to me that my perception of them was wrong. Condescending to admit one is wrong?

They showed they are a better side than I gave them credit for.
Ah yes the posts are getting better. I would say in the grand scheme of things you are possibly the last person on this planet that Connacht have to prove anything to.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 12 Oct 2013, 5:24 pm

Guys - ignore the troll.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat 12 Oct 2013, 5:26 pm

beshocked wrote: Flyhalffactory Sounds like well played Edinburgh are in order too. Didn't see that match but to beat Munster is an excellent feat.  I have criticised them quite a bit too.

The Pro12 teams lower down the Pro12 table seem to be really sending out a message!

Well done. No better time to do it than now. More humble pie probably waiting in the fridge.
beshocked mate its all in the sweet experience of life........ we are on a learning curve until we pop our corks. I have seen a few seeds of what might be with Alan Solomons and  Stevie Scott at the helm, lets hope we come good going forward. It wasn't the complete performance but to beat the pedigree of Munster in the HC is a massive confidence boost.
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Sat 12 Oct 2013, 5:30 pm

Me 109 Connacht did have a lot to prove. Mostly to their fans and supporters but also those who don't believe Connacht should compete in the HC etc.

My posts are getting better? Well yours are staying at the same level....

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next