The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster v Gloucester

+12
wrfc1980
HongKongCherry
majesticimperialman
doctor_grey
profitius
rodders
Hood83
hawalsh
mbernz
butterfingers
Artful_Dodger
LeinsterFan4life
16 posters

Go down

Munster v Gloucester Empty Munster v Gloucester

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 19 Oct 2013, 6:48 pm

16-10 HT. Munster are really struggling here.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Munster v Gloucester Empty Re: Munster v Gloucester

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 19 Oct 2013, 6:50 pm

Gloucester had a big wind behind them in the first half according to the commentators and I have to say I think Gloucester have got away with blue murder at the breakdown - mainly interfering with the 9. But Munster do look poor. This is not a strong Gloucester team.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfingers Sat 19 Oct 2013, 6:52 pm

Are they buggery.

We're working really hard at the breakdown and defence is being taken really personally. I just can't see where enough points are going to come from to win it.

Very impressed with Robson, wish Bentley would stop kicking so aimlessly though!

It's so painfull to watch, with a few more key players I honestly think we could take this and control of the group!

butterfingers

Back to top Go down

Post by mbernz Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:00 pm

207 posts into your 606v2 career and this is your first on a Gloucester thread.  Nice to have you finally join in, I wonder what caused that...? Wink

mbernz

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfingers Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:02 pm

Someone created the thread and the others went quiet (If you check my history it's near all on HC/PRL) or rugby I have little vested interest in.

I do try to keep the Glaws and England chat for the fans I know, or I'll bust a blood vessel on here.

butterfingers

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfingers Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:02 pm

Oh and if you check my posting all this week it's been about my dissatisfaction of Davies's selection, but thanks for stalking incorrectly.

butterfingers

Back to top Go down

Post by hawalsh Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:07 pm

Blutterfingers is about as much a Glos fan as I am the pope.

hawalsh

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfingers Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:10 pm

Nice to meet you too.

butterfingers

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfingers Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:17 pm

Bentley is having a mare, he needs replacing, especially as Robson is having a great game, Burns would make a great difference now!

butterfingers

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfingers Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:18 pm

Nige must be reading...

butterfingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:24 pm

Glad Bentley is off. This ref is utterly, utterly useless and a complete homer.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:29 pm

Lualala is wasted with Munster's style. The guy is sheer class. There is never anyone there to take his offloads.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfingers Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:31 pm

He's a bit of a loner, if you never know what he's going to do how do you read it?

If Sharples could get some ball and attack his inside shoulder we'd get some glory from it.

butterfingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:32 pm

I honestly think Munster can do anything they want at the breakdown. Completely lawless.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfingers Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:35 pm

Such heart from Glaws, they are giving everything!

butterfingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:43 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:Gloucester had a big wind behind them in the first half according to the commentators and I have to say I think Gloucester have got away with blue murder at the breakdown - mainly interfering with the 9.  But Munster do look poor.  This is not a strong Gloucester team.
I have no idea how you've seen that. Munster have been given far more than the benefit of the doubt at the breakdown. Some terrible reffing. Not a Glos fan but not sure I can watch this as they have no chance with this ref.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfingers Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:47 pm

Thats a bit harsh hood, there have been some baffling non decisions though...

butterfingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:51 pm

butterfingers wrote:Thats a bit harsh hood, there have been some baffling non decisions though...
Perhaps. Just seems like every 50/50 on the deck has gone Munster's way. Any suspicious hands in the ruck are waived away, and slowing up of the breakdown is legit - if Munster do it. This ref is woeful.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:53 pm

One thing clear from this performance...... Jonny Murphy is twice the player Keith Earls is.

O'Mahoney is some player for Munster. Murray looks a different player post Lions tour.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfingers Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:56 pm

It's frustrating, Munster havn't been that good, we have just lacked execution in a few key roles. I honestly think if we had played 4/5 more key players and really had a go at them we wouldve got something.

We've showed a lot of heart, but unfortunately we just havn't the quality up front or at 10 to control the first half better.

butterfingers

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 19 Oct 2013, 8:00 pm

Not good Munster, not good.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sat 19 Oct 2013, 8:02 pm

Some flick by POM for the last disallowed try,

Poor match overall though. The ref had a shocker.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sat 19 Oct 2013, 8:03 pm

Conor Murray was very poor again. Marmion the form 9 in Ireland now.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 19 Oct 2013, 8:10 pm

Hood83 wrote:
butterfingers wrote:Thats a bit harsh hood, there have been some baffling non decisions though...
Perhaps. Just seems like every 50/50 on the deck has gone Munster's way. Any suspicious hands in the ruck are waived away, and slowing up of the breakdown is legit - if Munster do it. This ref is woeful.
I thought the decisions were fairly equally bizarre both ways. I do think in the beginning they were more favourable to Munster, but then I lost count and saw both team benefiting.

Overall ot a great match to watch on tv. Was actually a bit dull, I felt. But I was sure that this was the kind of match Munster knows how to win and would go out and do so. Winning pretty and winning ugly is still a win.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 19 Oct 2013, 8:18 pm

Well a nice win for Munster. But Gloucester made it a hard fought game.

I dont see how any one can blame the Ref for the overall performance of the game.

Munster do not seem to be playing at their best in the last 2 games any way.

Could it be that Munster are missing Ronan O'Gara?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 19 Oct 2013, 8:20 pm

Munster are stuck between two styles. They need to go back to the way they played in the knockout stages last year.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sat 19 Oct 2013, 8:37 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Well a nice win for Munster. But Gloucester made it a hard fought game.

I dont see how any one can blame the Ref for the overall performance of the game.

The breakdown was a free for all which means the ball takes longer to come out and allows defenses to reset which means theres no space for the attackers. Poite is another who allows a free for all there. It must be a French thing.

profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 19 Oct 2013, 9:00 pm

Does Penny have something against stander? He seems to want to do everthing not to play him, including playing a lock at 6.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Sat 19 Oct 2013, 9:12 pm

Given that was effectively Glaws 2nd team I thought that was a pretty decent showing; its a shame we didn't get anything out of it, but Munster deserved the win. Our scrum looks like it is finally getting back on track and I would say they marginally shaved it over the course of the match - except for when Will James was off, which perhaps shows why we have struggled so far this season.

The ref was pretty poor, but in fairness he was consistent and that really is the main thing you want from a ref.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 10:04 pm

One of the worst ref performances I have ever seen. It made my day as a wuss fan Smile well done munster but I'd thank the ref if I was you!

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sat 19 Oct 2013, 10:11 pm

wrfc1980 wrote:One of the worst ref performances I have ever seen. It made my day as a wuss fan Smilewell done munster but I'd thank the ref if I was you!
Correct me if I'm wrong but Gloucester were defending more therefore it made their job easier. They spread out across the pitch and put less numbers in the breakdown. Munster had more numbers in the breakdown and should have gotten rewarded for that but with players off their feet, hands on the ball, not releasing the tackler etc it slowed the game down.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 10:22 pm

Munster did get away with murder at the breakdown. Look I watched is game wanting Gloucester to lose, but it was clear Gloucester got to major rough end of the stick when it came to the decisions.

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sat 19 Oct 2013, 10:58 pm

wrfc1980 wrote:Munster did get away with murder at the breakdown. Look I watched is game wanting Gloucester to lose, but it was clear Gloucester got to major rough end of the stick when it came to the decisions.

I agree but for some reason you seem to think it was just Munster. Both teams were at it. Its up to the ref to stamp it out early.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat 19 Oct 2013, 11:16 pm

rodders wrote:One thing clear from this performance...... Jonny Murphy is twice the player Keith Earls is.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sun 20 Oct 2013, 12:17 am

doctor_grey wrote:
Hood83 wrote:
I thought the decisions were fairly equally bizarre both ways. I do think in the beginning they were more favourable to Munster, but then I lost count and saw both team benefiting.  

Overall ot a great match to watch on tv.  Was actually a bit dull, I felt.  But I was sure that this was the kind of match Munster knows how to win and would go out and do so.  Winning pretty and winning ugly is still a win.  
Fair enough, I thought the decisions favoured Munster on the whole but they were marginally better throughout.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 20 Oct 2013, 6:48 pm

Hey Prof. Given your previous man love for Keatley its pretty clear at this stage we aren't going to win jack Shiite with him at OH. At least he is consistent in his inconsistency.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Sun 20 Oct 2013, 7:52 pm

ME-109 wrote:Hey Prof. Given your previous man love for Keatley its pretty clear at this stage we aren't going to win jack Shiite with him at OH. At least he is consistent in his inconsistency.
Keatley is not our biggest problem. Mcgahonball aka pennyball east to west and right to left trying to score off first phase ball is the biggest issue! Anytime we straightened up and our pack ran straight we were more effective! And what is his problem with cj? 6 tries in 12 appearances most of which only cameos! I reckon his problem is he is powerful and direct and penny doesn't like that...

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 20 Oct 2013, 8:04 pm

Ok serious question - is there any reason why the Munster attacking line stand soooo deep? - sometimes it takes 3 - 4 phases, and a couple of Casey Laulua line breaks, just to get back to the gain line again...

Who's to blame for this fiasco? Penny? Mannix? ROG? Cool 
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon 21 Oct 2013, 11:02 am

BlueMuff wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Hey Prof. Given your previous man love for Keatley its pretty clear at this stage we aren't going to win jack Shiite with him at OH. At least he is consistent in his inconsistency.
Keatley is not our biggest problem. Mcgahonball aka pennyball east to west and right to left trying to score off first phase ball is the biggest issue! Anytime we straightened up and our pack ran straight we were more effective! And what is his problem with cj? 6 tries in 12 appearances most of which only cameos! I reckon his problem is he is powerful and direct and penny doesn't like that...
I am beginning to agree with you with regards to CJ...just seems a little strange alright. I still think Keatley just doesn't have the control ROG had. The best comparison at the moment is Paddy Jackson - minimal mistakes which makes him first choice after Sexton.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 21 Oct 2013, 11:05 am

rodders wrote:Ok serious question - is there any reason why the Munster attacking line stand soooo deep? - sometimes it takes 3 - 4 phases, and a couple of Casey Laulua line breaks, just to get back to the gain line again...

Who's to blame for this fiasco? Penny? Mannix? ROG? Cool 
Paulie... he needs a A380 runway to get up to lumbering speed Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Mon 21 Oct 2013, 4:35 pm

I never had man love for Keatley. I just thought he was a better option than ROG who had about 2 good games last season and was on a downward spiral since the world cup due to his age. I don't like it when fans get defensive about their heroes. Keatley also deserves a chance to show what he can do. He is inconsistent but also have been one of the best players in a number of games.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:02 pm

No one mentioned O'Gara except for yourself. Seems you have an unhealthy obsession. Regardless out of 7 HC games last year O'Gara played in 6 and was his usual consistent self in about 5 giving us a good shot at getting to the final.

For Keatley he more or less cost us the Edinburgh game, the backline looks disjointed at the moment and he makes too many mistakes. Guess what its the exact same as before and when he was in Connacht. He will continue to make mistakes. Luckily for him JJ doesn't seem to be stepping up to the mark either.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down