The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 2 - Rey Lee-Lo signs long term at centre

+57
mckay1402
ScarletSpiderman
LordDowlais
wayne
Sam
formerly known as Sam
lostinwales
LondonTiger
wales606
Welly
broadlandboy
Coleman
Newsilure
Chunky Norwich
HammerofThunor
Blueschief
Welshmushroom
nganboy
dragon4life
George Carlin
Bluedragon
stub
PenfroPete
BuzzScarlet
The Saint
Westisbest2
Seagultaf
RDSguru
glamorganalun
doctornickolas
Allty
MrsP
VinceWLB
international197
SirBurger
Standulstermen
Knowsit17
sheephead
Scrumpy
Impossible Standards
Sin é
SecretFly
Golden
bedfordwelsh
maestegmafia
Luckless Pedestrian
rosbif
Comfort
Liam
Beard from Tad Cymru
doctor_grey
Swperb
Cardiff Dave
XR
Jhamer25
Notch
Artful_Dodger
61 posters

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 2 - Rey Lee-Lo signs long term at centre - Page 3 Empty Cardiff Blues Season Thread 2 - Rey Lee-Lo signs long term at centre

Post by wales606 Mon 21 Oct 2013, 4:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Prop
Gethin Jenkins, Adam Jones, Taufa'ao Filise, Craig Mitchell, Sam Hobbs, Scott Andrews, Thomas Davies, Dillon Lewis

Hooker
Matthew Rees, Kristian Dacey, Marc Breeze, Rhys Williams, Ethan Lewis

2nd Row
Jarrad Hoeata, Filo Paulo, Lou Reed, Chris Dicomidis, Miles Normadale

Flanker
Sam Warburton, Josh Turnbull, Macauley Cook, Ellis Jenkins, Josh Navidi, Rory Watts-Jones, Jevon Groves, Ben Roach

Eight
Manoa Vosawai, Ieaun Jones

Scrum half
Tavis Knoyle, Lloyd Williams, Lewis Jones, Tomos Williams

Fly half
Rhys Patchell, Gareth Anscombe, Gareth Davies, Simon Humberstone, Jarrod Evans, Will Thomas

Centre
Cory Allen, Dafydd Hewitt, Gavin Evans, Richard Smith, Tom Pascoe, Adam Thomas, Garyn Smith (Ray Lee-Lo)

Wing
Alex Cuthbert, George Watkins, Lucas Amorisino, Harry Davies, Owen Jenkins, Chris Knight, Tom Williams (Tom James)

Full back
Joaquin Tuculet, Dan Fish, Geraint Walsh, Aled Summerhill

Last edited by wales606 on Sat 10 Jan 2015, 12:36 pm; edited 46 times in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 2 - Rey Lee-Lo signs long term at centre - Page 3 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 2 - Rey Lee-Lo signs long term at centre

Post by XR Tue 26 Nov 2013, 11:53 am

Who on earth is Richard Kelly? We are apparently after 2 'experienced' players, one a second row and a fly half.

I'd be very disappointed if we sign some no name second row from the scarlets, with myhill i think we already have some hookers i don't see why we need more?

XR

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 2 - Rey Lee-Lo signs long term at centre - Page 3 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 2 - Rey Lee-Lo signs long term at centre

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 26 Nov 2013, 11:59 am

Kelly is an athletic lock, was stuck in the Ospreys, came to us but lost out to the larger lumps.

Anyhow, so it looks like it is just talk down in the west, and not actually set in stone stuff. Cheers.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 26 Nov 2013, 12:07 pm

All rumours i'd imagine, if this has any truth in it i'd be very disappointed.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Tue 26 Nov 2013, 1:36 pm

We could do with another lock. Still waiting to see what the adventure down under brings up. No need for Myhill as Dacey and Breeze are good enough. Dacey is actually on fire at the moment. Taking his chance with both hands.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 8:05 pm

You can even keep Kelly if you want, we need Myhill though

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 27 Nov 2013, 10:50 am

gcBlues wrote:All rumours i'd imagine, if this has any truth in it i'd be very disappointed.
Understandable though I suppose what with all the uncertainty surrounding european rugby and our very own PA.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 27 Nov 2013, 11:04 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
gcBlues wrote:All rumours i'd imagine, if this has any truth in it i'd be very disappointed.
Understandable though I suppose what with all the uncertainty surrounding european rugby and our very own PA.
From the natterings about it in the west it is meant to be a short term 2/3 month loan, and they will come back afterwards, as opposed to it being 'real' signings, so the participation agreement and the HEC/RCC/Whatever shouldn't really matter too much.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 27 Nov 2013, 11:16 am

Well this is what's been said:

“We are looking to bring a couple of players in on loan if we can,” he said.

“We have been busy with that over the last couple of weeks. Hopefully we will have some news this week and we can bolster the squad a bit.

“We need some cover in the back-line and we need some front five cover with Brad and Lou going down. We need some quality to put in there and what’s we’ve looked at.

“We’ll hopefully get things finalised by the middle or end of this week and have a few additions which will boost the numbers.”

Myhill and this kelly bloke are not what i would say is the quality we need. We already have capable hookers and Dacey is doing well, we need a second row and a fly half. If we do loan this kelly with all the SH players currently on off season til next year i'd be very disappointed.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 27 Nov 2013, 11:34 am

gcBlues wrote:Well this is what's been said:

“We are looking to bring a couple of players in on loan if we can,” he said.

“We have been busy with that over the last couple of weeks. Hopefully we will have some news this week and we can bolster the squad a bit.

“We need some cover in the back-line and we need some front five cover with Brad and Lou going down. We need some quality to put in there and what’s we’ve looked at.

“We’ll hopefully get things finalised by the middle or end of this week and have a few additions which will boost the numbers.”

Myhill and this kelly bloke are not what i would say is the quality we need. We already have capable hookers and Dacey is doing well, we need a second row and a fly half. If we do loan this kelly with all the SH players currently on off season til next year i'd be very disappointed.
We're used to disappointment though.
I suspect however they'll be an announcement soon to include a sprinkling of quality plus stocking fillers.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 27 Nov 2013, 11:58 am

Haha i know, just when i think i can't be disappointed any more by the blues i hear they have been on a scouting trip to NZ. Getting my hopes up only to let me down!

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 27 Nov 2013, 12:02 pm

gcBlues wrote:Haha i know, just when i think i can't be disappointed any more by the blues i hear they have been on a scouting trip to NZ. Getting my hopes up only to let me down!
That's for next season, not this
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 27 Nov 2013, 12:11 pm

gcBlues wrote:Haha i know, just when i think i can't be disappointed any more by the blues i hear they have been on a scouting trip to NZ. Getting my hopes up only to let me down!
and Ponty, since it looks as though Humberstone will be covering OH for the rest of the season, as required.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 27 Nov 2013, 12:18 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
and Ponty, since it looks as though Humberstone will be covering OH for the rest of the season, as required.
Has the chief helped smooth relations between Ponty and the Blues?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 27 Nov 2013, 12:21 pm

There's probably going to be more of a working relationship but the relations will never be 100% fine.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 27 Nov 2013, 12:27 pm

Something needs to be done down at the Arms Park, they way the Blues are spiralling downwards they are going to end up as the worst Welsh region next year and they will be playing in the Amlin cup, there is only one person to blame for the demise of the Blues and that is the man who does the hiring and firing, Phil Davies has to go, and Peter Thomas needs to see this, unless drastic changes are made down at the cap the Blues will be the biggest laughing stock in northern hemisphere rugby.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 27 Nov 2013, 12:30 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Something needs to be done down at the Arms Park, they way the Blues are spiralling downwards they are going to end up as the worst Welsh region next year and they will be playing in the Amlin cup, there is only one person to blame for the demise of the Blues and that is the man who does the hiring and firing, Phil Davies has to go, and Peter Thomas needs to see this, unless drastic changes are made down at the cap the Blues will be the biggest laughing stock in northern hemisphere rugby.
With the qualification rules looking like being top 6 (min. 1 welsh), it could be only the Ospreys in the top flight.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 27 Nov 2013, 12:34 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Something needs to be done down at the Arms Park, they way the Blues are spiralling downwards they are going to end up as the worst Welsh region next year and they will be playing in the Amlin cup, there is only one person to blame for the demise of the Blues and that is the man who does the hiring and firing, Phil Davies has to go, and Peter Thomas needs to see this, unless drastic changes are made down at the cap the Blues will be the biggest laughing stock in northern hemisphere rugby.
With the qualification rules looking like being top 6 (min. 1 welsh), it could be only the Ospreys in the top flight.
This new competition that the PRL want will not happen, all the unions have said that the HC will be there next season, weather the PRL sides are in it though is anybody's guess.Ale 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 27 Nov 2013, 12:34 pm

Who's that then?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 27 Nov 2013, 12:35 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Who's that then?
Peter the pieman Thomas.thumbsup 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 27 Nov 2013, 12:38 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Has the chief helped smooth relations between Ponty and the Blues?  
I honestly don't know what you mean.
Anyway, the Chief is far too busy improving our defence. Only 31 points conceded last week. Ole!

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 27 Nov 2013, 12:41 pm

I'd say that's exactly what the Chief is doing, considering Blues have just signed a long-term deal with a Ponty 2nd row. He's a big guy, has a greek surname too.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 27 Nov 2013, 12:42 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Who's that then?
Peter the pieman Thomas.thumbsup 
Have a Scooby snack.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 27 Nov 2013, 12:44 pm

Your happy with the way things are at the Blues at the moment then I take it CD ?Erm 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 27 Nov 2013, 12:45 pm

The Saint wrote:I'd say that's exactly what the Chief is doing, considering Blues have just signed a long-term deal with a Ponty 2nd row. He's a big guy, has a greek surname too.
Flipping eck, not their captain surely?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 27 Nov 2013, 12:46 pm

Dai - what I meant is that Ponty were more or less looking at themselves as a stand alone region playing in the prem. Has that attitude died down a bit with the full time appointment of McIntosh? Judging from what others have said, it does look like Ponty are being a bit more co-operative now.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Nov 2013, 12:49 pm

Just signed Chris Dicomidis, glad to see we're making some big name signings and spending money wisely.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 27 Nov 2013, 1:30 pm

Beeb wrote:Dicomidis represented Wales at Under-19 and Under-21 levels as well as the Barbarians and has played for Cyprus.
Does that mean he is official an NWQ?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Wed 27 Nov 2013, 1:40 pm

Yes, he is NWQ. I don't blame him either. 27, playing for Ponty and he decided that he'd have a pop with Cyprus. He must have thought he'd never have got a chance. Hope he does well. He is a massive bloke.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 27 Nov 2013, 4:29 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Dai - what I meant is that Ponty were more or less looking at themselves as a stand alone region playing in the prem.  Has that attitude died down a bit with the full time appointment of McIntosh?  Judging from what others have said, it does look like Ponty are being a bit more co-operative now.
I know what you meant mun and i'm not going there.
Anyway it seems like Ponty are taking over control from within, what with the signing of their head coach, their first choice fly half and now their revered captain.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 27 Nov 2013, 4:30 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Your happy with the way things are at the Blues at the moment then I take it CD ?Erm 
Aye, i'm over the moon mun.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedragon Wed 27 Nov 2013, 8:18 pm

Blues have got to get the commercial side sorted and I have got to say i am quite impressed. Some improved marketing finally and looking to run a sustainable business.

Once the Blues stop leaking money then we can hire a good coach and sign a few quality players. Until we got some NZ dollars in the bank we won't be signing anyone decent.

Unfortunately poorly performing teams don't attract crowds and sponsorship.

When's the other new assistant coach supposed to be appointed ? Not sure about iestyn harris now after Wales RL crashing abysmally

Bluedragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 27 Nov 2013, 11:57 pm

Bluedragon wrote:
Until we got some NZ dollars in the bank we won't be signing anyone decent.
Apparently we had quite a few NZ dollars in the bank for Holland's shopping trip - and we will be adding a fair amount of quality to the side next season.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 28 Nov 2013, 8:46 am

The reaction from ponty fans with us signing their captain is ridiculously funny. They moan, whinge and bleat that their players never get a chance, that the blues don't represent ponty and never will etc. So we bring in their head coach to bring his influence and with that has come the opportunity for some ponty players to play for the side and now they're whinging that we're ruining their club by signing their players.

There's even this classic:

(About the cheif) "BEST WAY TO DESTROY ANY ORGANIZATION IS FROM WITHIN, HE HAS CHANGED HIS ALLEGANCE 100 M.PH. WE ALWAYS COMPLAIN ABOUT PUNDITS LOKING AFTER THEMSELVES, BY DAM HE JOINED THEM RAPID, THAT 30 PIECES OF SILVER MUST BE GOOD"

And this one from someone else, also about the cheif:

"I think someone should have a word with Dale the next time he comes to a Ponty game and tell him he's not wanted at OUR games"

They're even turning on him now, what a pathetic couple of individuals. Bet they are still crying in to their cornflakes this morning. Laugh 

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu 28 Nov 2013, 9:45 am

You're always going to get fans like that. They're dreadful, one eyed idiots. Simple as that. I work with a couple of Ponty season ticket holders and they said that they're dead chuffed for Dico, Dacey and Humberstone. In a few years i'd really like this to be the norm. Us using both RFC and Ponty to bring players through and lean on when we lose so many players.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:45 pm

Let's face it, if the PA and HEC was already sorted, I doubt whether Dicomidis (Cypriot) and Humberstone (English) would have even been considered by Cardiff.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 28 Nov 2013, 1:32 pm

Is he not welsh qualified (Humberstone)?

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 28 Nov 2013, 2:05 pm

gcBlues wrote:Is he not welsh qualified (Humberstone)?
Dunno actually.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 28 Nov 2013, 2:14 pm

I am guessing he is not capped by England or the Saxons, so then it is just down to how long he has been here etc (unless he has welsh heritage), but lets face it at worst he is time serving.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu 28 Nov 2013, 3:37 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Dunno actually.
He's English but he went to UWIC. I'd assume that under IRB rules he counts as WQ by now.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 28 Nov 2013, 3:46 pm

Coleman wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Dunno actually.
He's English but he went to UWIC. I'd assume that under IRB rules he counts as WQ by now.
Fair enough, but in any case he'll be bench warming when Patchell returns.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri 29 Nov 2013, 8:38 am

Possibly but it's good to have 2 competent 10's battling for the 1 spot. It's probably the reason why Nicky was on fire when we got the semi's of the HEC and won the EDF, he had Sweeney competing for the same spot.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 29 Nov 2013, 12:44 pm

Team line ups;
Chris Dicomidis doesn't make the squad, Humbers warming the bench;

http://www.espn.co.uk/rabodirect-pro12-2013-14/rugby/match/191407.html

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri 29 Nov 2013, 1:27 pm

Dicomidis dosnt join until next week. He's playing for Ponty this weekend i think.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 29 Nov 2013, 1:31 pm

Coleman wrote:Dicomidis dosnt join until next week. He's playing for Ponty this weekend i think.
I know mun. I was going to say he'd been dropped already for a laugh.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 29 Nov 2013, 1:50 pm

Coleman wrote:Dicomidis dosnt join until next week. He's playing for Ponty this weekend i think.
Is that so the faithful can shout abuse at him, and vent their anger at him being a judas?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri 29 Nov 2013, 1:54 pm

Interestingly, Cyprus are not a full member of the IRB. Does that mean that he is still WQ as his cap's have not been in full internation games?

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 29 Nov 2013, 1:57 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Is that so the faithful can shout abuse at him, and vent their anger at him being a judas?
The "dinosaurs" will give him a tidy send off. Not all Ponty fans are crazed.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 29 Nov 2013, 2:01 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
That's true, its the same with most teams, the majority are decent, but he minority with tunnel visions tend to be so loud that you forget about the rest.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 29 Nov 2013, 2:06 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
That's true, its the same with most teams, the majority are decent, but he minority with tunnel visions tend to be so loud that you forget about the rest.
Yes and to clarify, the said dinosaurs will never be a blue. Can't blame them either. Looking forward to seeing the t-shirt.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 29 Nov 2013, 8:48 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Team line ups;
Chris Dicomidis doesn't make the squad, Humbers warming the bench;

http://www.espn.co.uk/rabodirect-pro12-2013-14/rugby/match/191407.html
No Kristian Dacey...where will our tries come from? Wink  Rolling Eyes 
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next