The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question on Stenson and Race to Dubai

+9
super_realist
BlueCoverman
Davie
twoeightnine
Roller_Coaster
McLaren
kwinigolfer
hend085
robopz
13 posters

Go down

Question on Stenson and Race to Dubai Empty Question on Stenson and Race to Dubai

Post by robopz Tue 22 Oct 2013, 3:10 pm

I'm reading where Henrik might be a no-go this week in Shanghai due to a wrist injury... That's too bad, hope it's nothing serious.

But it got me to wondering. Did I understand that to qualify for the R2D bonus pool, a player is required to play in at least 3 of the 4 events (if qualified)? If that's the case, then if Henrik can't play this week or next... would he be ineligible?

robopz

Back to top Go down

Question on Stenson and Race to Dubai Empty Re: Question on Stenson and Race to Dubai

Post by hend085 Tue 22 Oct 2013, 3:32 pm

thats my basic understanding also Robo but who knows what kind of medical exemptions might be available.

hend085

Back to top Go down

Question on Stenson and Race to Dubai Empty Re: Question on Stenson and Race to Dubai

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:51 am

The E.T. web-site reports Stenson was feeling a lot better Wednesday than on Tuesday and suggests he should be good to go.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:55 am

If stenson were to do the double would a fedex R2D double be more or less impressive than the PGAT EuroT money list double?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 1:01 pm

more Impressive IMO because you can with both the two money list by winning co santioned events but to win both playoff series you have to perform well on seperate occasions.

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 24 Oct 2013, 8:50 am

Bit of an odd one IMO. I agree with Hend and the reasoning, however winning both money lists would likely get more column inches and so may appear more impressive.

I'd take either mind.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twoeightnine Thu 24 Oct 2013, 6:09 pm

I have just seen a tweet from Luke Donald saying that his playing partner Joost Luiten hit his tee shot on the first then withdrew with a shoulder injury. He finished it saying that the 1 shot meant that the event counted for him.

Further tweets mentioned that he is then still in with a shout for the 20% bonus for playing 2 of 3 the R2D events but was in response to people saying that he took a spot from someone else he said you couldn't blame him, his hand was forced.

The drive was 120 down the middle.

Wonder if Stenson considered doing that? Although from the few minutes I saw this morning he wasn't struggling for distance off the tee.

twoeightnine

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 24 Oct 2013, 6:14 pm

Remember, Stenson pulled a similar stunt at the WGC:MatchPlay a few years ago. It earned him unofficial money (probably about $40K), an owgr point or two, and counted as an official event towards his PGA Tour membership requirement.

Unseemly for the Tours, whoever does such a thing!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by twoeightnine Thu 24 Oct 2013, 6:19 pm

Given that you never hear about the tour fines I wonder if something happens behind closed doors?

twoeightnine

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 24 Oct 2013, 8:25 pm

There will be no fines .. the tour(s) make a rod for their own back with the rules ... Joost (and previously Stenson) played by the rules as set in front of them .. blame the rules not the player

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 25 Oct 2013, 8:56 am

Unfair for those that would play and be able to give it their all, but. Hey ho, that's the way it is.

Don't follow career money lists but imagine that being able to play in as many of these as he can would potentially be serious cash for Luiten so can see why he'd do it.

Did he go to his ball and pick it up or send his caddy and not even make it off the tee box? Also did he just rock up 5 mins before tee time too (a la me at the monthly medal)?

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri 25 Oct 2013, 9:21 am

Roller_Coaster wrote:Did he go to his ball and pick it up or send his caddy and not even make it off the tee box? Also did he just rock up 5 mins before tee time too (a la me at the monthly medal)?
Nothing like you Roller, his ball went up the middle Wink Laugh

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 25 Oct 2013, 9:26 am

He should have teed it up and hit a SW to see how little he could move the ball with a full swing.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 25 Oct 2013, 9:31 am

Should have got the putter out, or used the snooker position. He would have got a penalty, but so what, he couldn't finish anyway.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 25 Oct 2013, 9:36 am

Good idea super, but to progress it. He should have tried to rack up as many penalties in one shot as he could?

How many do you reckon you could get in one go?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 25 Oct 2013, 9:53 am

I'm always pleased to see someone hit themselves with their own ball. A penalty and pain - delicious!
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by ralphjohn69 Fri 25 Oct 2013, 10:00 am

He should have used a non-conforming (banned) driver, used one of the old smaller British balls, put 15 clubs in his bag, then teed off in front of the markers and intentionally hit his foot with his tee shot; that must be about a 10-shot penalty....

ralphjohn69

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri 25 Oct 2013, 10:54 am

ralphjohn69 wrote:He should have used a non-conforming (banned) driver, used one of the old smaller British balls, put 15 clubs in his bag, then teed off in front of the markers and intentionally hit his foot with his tee shot; that must be about a 10-shot penalty....
After having looked up the wind direction and fairway angle on his mobile phone and asked his playing partners what club they were hitting
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 25 Oct 2013, 10:58 am

What's a fairway Blueco? Oft mentioned, never visited.

Never mind that, 120 yards? These bloody hot faced drivers! I remember when etc etc etc

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 25 Oct 2013, 11:01 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:
ralphjohn69 wrote:He should have used a non-conforming (banned) driver, used one of the old smaller British balls, put 15 clubs in his bag, then teed off in front of the markers and intentionally hit his foot with his tee shot; that must be about a 10-shot penalty....
After having looked up the wind direction and fairway angle on his mobile phone and asked his playing partners what club they were hitting
laughing 

Genuine question - What is the maximum penalty excluding DQ that you can incur on one shot (strokeplay)? Does it tot up for each transgression or is it maxed out?

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri 25 Oct 2013, 11:02 am

It's something my playing partners play off, whilst I'm trudging about in the cabbage Roller Rolling Eyes

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 25 Oct 2013, 11:29 am

Think the maximum penalty is 2 shots per shot. We found this out after one of our lads triple hit the ball! We tried to penalise him 2 shots per hit cos he was hitting a moving ball.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by twoeightnine Fri 25 Oct 2013, 11:49 am

Ralph, the only penalty he would probably never be able to get on tour is slow play!

twoeightnine

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri 25 Oct 2013, 12:04 pm

Roller_Coaster wrote:Genuine question - What is the maximum penalty excluding DQ that you can incur on one shot (strokeplay)? Does it tot up for each transgression or is it maxed out?
Good question!
I'm pretty certain there is nothing in the rules that says 'the max penalty on one stroke is....' so I would have thought there is no limit. Where's George??
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri 25 Oct 2013, 12:43 pm

Give him a break, he's only just been christened...

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Fri 25 Oct 2013, 6:06 pm

Guthrie looks good but he was any slower he'd stop!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down