The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saints vs Sarries

+14
Jimpy
beshocked
GLove39
niwatts
The Saint
Portnoy's Complaint
BigTrevsbigmac
Sgt_Pooly
majesticimperialman
doctor_grey
Hound of Harrow
Brendan
nathan
WELL-PAST-IT
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Saints vs Sarries - Page 2 Empty Saints vs Sarries

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sat 26 Oct 2013, 5:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

A classic performance from Saints. 6 (YES SIX) tries run past Sarries, dominant in all areas of the game.

Stand out players:

Samoa - great try, put Goode on his backside with a great side step, made a try, scored a great try and was generally involved in everything good. MotM

Myler - orchestrated a Saints back line that tore Sarries to shreds, defensively sound, threw some great long passes and some good grubbers, one that led to a try. At the moment playing better than every 10 in the AP, including Farrell.

Foden - two tries, a try saving tackle with his trademark ripping of the ball in the tackle over the try line, although Goode did rip it back but lost control.

Burrell - a couple of storming runs, a try, some very good tackles, (Manu style - ouchers), made a lot of ground taking the ball forward.

Waller - Owned Stevens, 5 penalties against Sarries front row in the first half. Replaced by his brother with 20 minutes left. Both look like they just left school yesterday

Elliot - learnt a lot from Ashton, always seems to be the one backing up and getting on the end of try scoring pop passes.

With 4 first choice forwards on England duty plus their 1st choice 9, it shows great strength in depth as even the 3rd tier players looked up to AP level.

Saints go marching on thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Saints vs Sarries - Page 2 Empty Re: Saints vs Sarries

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 31 Oct 2013, 3:45 pm

But ultimately you can only play what is in front of you, and he has done that very well.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 31 Oct 2013, 3:53 pm

Yes he has played what was in front of him but it doesn't mean he should be hailed as a deity.

I think he gets more credit than he deserves. As I said you need to look at the context.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 31 Oct 2013, 4:07 pm

Nobody is hailing him as a deity, merely stating the fact that he has started the season very well, which he has.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 31 Oct 2013, 4:12 pm

Oh right well if you say so. I think talking up a player and putting them on a pedestal isn't right but that's just my opinion.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Thu 31 Oct 2013, 5:21 pm

? wrote:I don't dislike Saints but I dislike your haughty attitude.
Pot, kettle, black.

I reckon that that I'm fairly one-eyed about Tigers/England but by comparison I'm only myopic.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu 31 Oct 2013, 7:39 pm

And of course Corbs, Lawes, Hartley, Woods and Dickson were not missing.

My comments were not only about this game, but the season so far.

Where is the attack, did I state that Sarries were rubbish, did I criticise any Sarries players, no

I commented on how good Saints were and picked out the better performances by my team. I left it to others to draw their own conclusions on Sarries performance. Tell me were anything I said was incorrect or gloating.

No mention of last years playoff defeat, as that WOULD have been gloating.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 31 Oct 2013, 8:52 pm

Why not be a little happy about the Saints win last weekend?  Beating the top team in the league by a huge scoreline is, well, huge.  Saints have played better so far this season.  Yes, the season is still young, but, so far, this looks like it might be the best Saints team in a long time.  And, yes, Stevie, is playing great.  And, I don't think anyone was insulting.

My old man was at the game and told me is was "orgasmic".  I'm glad I wasn't standing next to him.......

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2